closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Casio GW-M5610U-1ER

Journeyman

Casio GW-M5610U-1ER

Following a PSA on sales corner. I have picked up a Casio GW-M5610U-1ER.
    As usual my gorilla wrists means the strap is far to short for me. It will fasten, but only the first hole and is still too tight. I do like it and would like to keep it
    Before I have to return it. Does anyone know if the 5000 strap is any longer than the 5610 strap ?
    If not, is there an alternative strap that is an easy fit that is longer ?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated

I got some cheap 16-22mm adaptors from ali express for my DW6900 (imetal adaptors, not the abs plastic).
    They are £5 plus vat now, so around £6 per pair.
    The 6900 was too bulky and top heavy for a nato, and it ended up on a 22mm shark mesh bracelet. You might be ok with the smaller 5160.

There will be plenty of choice if you convert to 22mm.

I’m wearing my 5000U today - the strap is small on me too but I’m second from the end hole. The strap is identical in length to the standard 5610 strap from what I can see.

I found my old order from Ali
    The Silver painted metal version of the adapter on the right / now £3.37 plus vat = £4.05p (also available in black via the link below)
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005...296618023sr8T4
    It allows 22mm natos or leather straps to be fitted, plus the extension will give you lots of wiggle room for the length.

Craftsman
    I have a 5000 u and find the strap wears small, although I think the case thickness also contributes to this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeny View Post
    I found my old order from Ali
    The Silver painted metal version of the adapter on the right / now £3.37 plus vat = £4.05p (also available in black via the link below)
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005...296618023sr8T4
    It allows 22mm natos or leather straps to be fitted, plus the extension will give you lots of wiggle room for the length.

Thanks for that. I have seen this idea previously. The ones I looked at looked horrible.
    These seem better balance on the 5601. I've ordered a set and I will give them a go.
    I'm not really a NATO strap person. So a longer 2 piece canvas is what I'm going for.

Never used Aliexpress before. First time for everything.

Thanks to all that responded

If you factor in UK vat added on at check out, and are happy to wait up to 3-weeks for delivery, the process should be trouble free.

I normally price check with Ebay incase a UK supplier has the same item available quicker & cheaper. Those adaptors are good-uns for the price.

I haven’t found a longer strap and from researching the 5000 strap is the exact same length.

I’m holding out hope but can’t see anything obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    I haven’t found a longer strap and from researching the 5000 strap is the exact same length.

I’m holding out hope but can’t see anything obvious.
    Expensive but could you buy two combi bracelets and use the links from one to make the other longer?

Quote Originally Posted by vortgern View Post
    Expensive but could you buy two combi bracelets and use the links from one to make the other longer?
    I had two combi bracelets at one point but couldn’t manage to seat them so got rid of the lot. Shame as that’s probably the best of both worlds.