closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Google OneDrive account management question

Google OneDrive account management question

I have two personal OneDrive accounts, with different photos etc. stored on each.

Is there a way that I can merge accounts?

Thanks in advance.

Master
    Yes. Download the data from one account, and then upload it to the other.

- - - Updated - - -

It's Google Drive by the way. OneDrive is Microsoft's feeble attempt at cloud syncing.

Thanks!

Why is One Drive feeble?

I might just transfer everything across to Google Drive.

Master
    I'd like to know why OneDrive is considered "feeble".

I've been using it for several years and it works as I expect it to. I keep copies of my "one drive" on both my windows PC's and of course I can also access everything on my Apple devices using the app. What am I missing?

Our company gives us One Drive for personal stuff and it seems to work just fine.

I don't use it for huge files like my entire life's family photo albums or music collections, but it is handy for storing stuff I think might be useful, then never look at again.

I treat it like a digital loft.

I have linked three 1tb OneDrive accounts into one giant 3tb cloud drive. Very easy to do.

You can buy 5 licenses with 1tb of storage each for around 60 euro per year. I have given two to family members and am using the other three for myself.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Quote Originally Posted by Filterlab View Post
    Yes. Download the data from one account, and then upload it to the other.

- - - Updated - - -

It's Google Drive by the way. OneDrive is Microsoft's feeble attempt at cloud syncing.
    This isn't really merging accounts, just making identical duplicate accounts.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    This isn't really merging accounts, just making identical duplicate accounts.
    Not really. If the files are copied from one account to the other, they will all be in one account. The other account could then be deleted. The copy process will handle any duplicate file names. Result - a single account containing all the files from the two individual accounts. Therefore, merged.

Quote Originally Posted by downer View Post
    Not really. If the files are copied from one account to the other, they will all be in one account. The other account could then be deleted. The copy process will handle any duplicate file names. Result - a single account containing all the files from the two individual accounts. Therefore, merged.
    Depends what OP is after, assumed he wanted something like Raffe has descibed.

You’ve said Google OneDrive. OneDrive is a Microsoft service. Google’s cloud drive is just called Google Drive. Which is it you have?