closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Jug Blender

Master

Jug Blender

Ok, so with my sister stealing my nutribullet to make herself high nutrient smoothies through her treatment, I’ve decided to review my needs for it.

I don’t make smoothies anymore as I only like calorie dense ones, so mainly used it for cooking purposes, leading me to the view of a jug blender might be a better purchase.

It is a cupboard item, so doesn’t need to look pretty like a kitchen aid / smeg one.

Don’t want Braun as my hand blender has thermal cut out way too often for my liking (although would use that a lot less with a jug I guess)

Would like parts to be replaceable, so don’t want any ‘specials’ that seem a bargain. Am bound to break the jug at some point, or my wife will.

Currently thinking either the Tefal Perfect Mix+ 2L 1200w or the Amchef 2L 200w.

Obviously more power is good, but know there are a good few cooks on here & wonder what other people are using instead & would recommend.

Cheers

We have a Kitchen Aid one, son uses it to mix protein shakes I use it to blend shakes and ice, good solid build 5 years and going strong.

I assume you mean a stick blender?
    My apologies if I have misunderstood.

I have a Bamix which is supposed to be a great quality professional quality blender. Don't get me wrong, it's great, but doesn't do anything my £15 Braun version from Argos used to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Maysie View Post

I have a Bamix which is supposed to be a great quality professional quality blender. Don't get me wrong, it's great, but doesn't do anything my £15 Braun version from Argos used to do.
    Except your Braun is dead and your Bamix won't die. Mine sees in very regular use.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Master

Nope, a jug blender - the sort of the a glass receptacle with the blades inside that you see on Saturday kitchen etc.

I have a hand / stick blender, but want something I can do batches of soups and curry based with vs standing there with a stick blender.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    Except your Braun is dead and your Bamix won't die. Mine sees in very regular use.
    I gave the Braun to my sister when I bought my Bamix and it is still going strong.

We have just bought a Sage as it came highly recommended on Which. So far very impressed.

https://www.sageappliances.com/uk/en...SBL620SIL4GUK1

You can get it cheaper elsewhere though.

Blog Entries
    Have been using a Magimix for nearly five years, and have never had problems. Best thing is that all goes straight into the dishwasher (not the base )

Vitamix, pricey but it’s versatile and makes smoothies that are smooth.

Master

Jug Blender

Thanks for the replies so far.

Amusingly watching master chef professionals they have use a nutribullet many times in the last hour.

Hmmmm

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Mj2k; 1st November 2023 at 11:18.

What about a good old Magimix?

We have a 4200XL and it is used probably twice a week. If it broke I'd buy another one tomorrow.

Sent from my CPH2415 using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jamiej View Post
    What about a good old Magimix?

We have a 4200XL and it is used probably twice a week. If it broke I'd buy another one tomorrow.

Based on zero logic, but for some reason I shy away from a food processor. A good shout though for consideration.

Seems quite low power vs others, can you blend to really smooth soup?

It's chomped through everything I've thrown at it. I wouldn't get too hung up on power to be honest. It's what you do with it, not the size, after all!

It's the versatility that got me. Endless slicing discs and attachments. I bought a masher attachment on eBay and it makes the most incredibly smooth mash potatoes. Yum.

Craftsman
    When I bought my blender I looked at all the commercial catering options, figuring they'd be way more durable than the normal kitchen brands in Currys, John Lewis etc etc.

Did the same with my toaster.

25 years on, my Waring Professional Blender and Dualit 4-slice toaster are still going great guns :-)

You spend a bit more initially, but well worth it in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by 459GMB View Post
    When I bought my blender I looked at all the commercial catering options, figuring they'd be way more durable than the normal kitchen brands in Currys, John Lewis etc etc.

Did the same with my toaster.

25 years on, my Waring Professional Blender and Dualit 4-slice toaster are still going great guns :-)

You spend a bit more initially, but well worth it in the long run.
    I agree, but think it is more about the quality of the product rather than simply the price.

My (rather expensive) Kitchen Aid 4 slice toaster has been a complete P of S since the day I bought it. Utter garbage. It does look nice though, shame it does a rubbish job of toasting bread though.

Craftsman
    I agree, but think it is more about the quality of the product rather than simply the price.

My (rather expensive) Kitchen Aid 4 slice toaster has been a complete P of S since the day I bought it. Utter garbage. It does look nice though, shame it does a rubbish job of toasting bread though.
    Never seen one of those in a greasy spoon :-)

That's the point of looking at commercial options. The stuff that's sat on the counters in cafe's, commercial kitchens and bars being used all day every day !

Never seen one of those in a greasy spoon :-)
    But you may have seen mine in a skip!

That's the point of looking at commercial options. The stuff that's sat on the counters in cafe's, commercial kitchens and bars being used all day every day !
    ...before being sold on The Bay, after 10 years of hard graft for 50% of what it cost originally.

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Nope, a jug blender - the sort of the a glass receptacle with the blades inside that you see on Saturday kitchen etc.

I have a hand / stick blender, but want something I can do batches of soups and curry based with vs standing there with a stick blender.
    We use a KitchenAid Artisan - I think it has 5 speeds plus pulse. Superb, ruggedly made machine that we've already had about a decade of use from and it's still as new.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    We use a KitchenAid Artisan - I think it has 5 speeds plus pulse. Superb, ruggedly made machine that we've already had about a decade of use from and it's still as new.
    Would match her mixer, but am convinced their older stuff was better made, like so many things.

Funny you mention the kitchen aid toaster. My in laws had one, looked fancy and had an entirely unnecessary electronic bread lowering action ... But was rubbish. And broke, twice.

They followed by advice and went for a dualit and haven't looked back.

If you follow commercial grade stuff, you'll likely end up at Robot Coupe for a processor/blender ... They're nuts expensive but are a standard fitment in commercial kitchens. They are the same company (or were last time I checked) as Magimix...

Blendtec, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by jamiej View Post
    Funny you mention the kitchen aid toaster. My in laws had one, looked fancy and had an entirely unnecessary electronic bread lowering action ... But was rubbish. And broke, twice.

They followed by advice and went for a dualit and haven't looked back.

If you follow commercial grade stuff, you'll likely end up at Robot Coupe for a processor/blender ... They're nuts expensive but are a standard fitment in commercial kitchens. They are the same company (or were last time I checked) as Magimix...

Actually that's a good shout, and exactly what I did when I replaced the microwave.

Craftsman
    I got a simple but well made blender years ago - made by Waring and it’s the one with the glass jug. Looks lovely and works brilliantly. Nothing flash - just low and high speeds - and it blends

it’s this one https://www.desertcart.co.uk/product...kaAlbkEALw_wcB