closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: C1 Moonphase: "My God, it's full of stars"

Craftsman

C1 Moonphase: "My God, it's full of stars"

C1 Moonphase: "My God, it's full of stars"

This is a watch that needs to be seen in real life, so I took some decent pics today with my dSLR and macro lens. These were taken in direct sunlight.

The watch has a stunning aventurine dial AND a matching aventurine lunar disc. It also a highly lumed slightly 3D 4 colour ceramic moon.

Lovely big dial and no logo. With GS style sharp steel black polished 3 hands.

It’s exactly what I hoped for and I bought it instantly as soon as I handled it at the excellent launch event at the London Planetarium.

It’s a better aventurine (deeper and more sparkly) than the Lange Saxonia Thin. And with the moon disc in aventurine, a better dial than the Moser moonphase. 🤯

Consort bracelet suits it perfectly, as does the Mastrotto leather blue deployant strap.

CW knocked it out of the park with this watch 👏🏽

P.S. for anyone too young to have seen 2001 A Space Odyssey, that's where the headline quote comes from 🙂

https://youtube.com/shorts/kFw0LK5cQ...lGGfy9a-exbqDB

We were shown one at the recent vGtG and it wowed us (most of us anyway). As a critic of the various CW logo iterations, this one gets my vote. I would have been tempted to leave off the "Swiss Made". Is there any legal requirement to display that?

Reminds me a bit of the Ball Trainmaster Moonphase; imagine the CW one with trit phials for the moon and stars! I had one; it was like a bonfire on the bedside cabinet. Might grab onother one if one presents itself.

I like that actually, and I’m certainly no fanboy.

Clever thread title, but…

Did anyone else read the thread title and think of Robb's Celebs?

Haha...brilliant...when pron was innocent. And not so long after the halcyon days of the '80s...when the pron fairy would leave you a complementary art pamphlet beneath a bush near you ;)

Sent from my SM-A346B using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by unclealec View Post
    I would have been tempted to leave off the "Swiss Made". Is there any legal requirement to display that?
    It's just a design decision. I agree though, and told CW at the launch that this is the only thing I would have changed in fact.

On my bespoke design VULCAN XII, I removed all text in fact.

I'd need to see it in person but I do quite like it. It would have to be on the leather strap, the bracelet doesn't quite do it for me.

I do like a moonphase, and that one has to be one of the very best I've seen - lovely combination of simplicity, and sparkle!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Great pictures. Only CW watch I’ve seen that I like the look of.

Master
    I think someone at CW likes the Sugess Moonphase.

I think it looks great in photos so would like to see in the metal. That is possibly the first time I have thought that about a CW.
    Last edited by Sinnlover; 29th October 2023 at 11:07.

Master
    Once the novelty wears off it’ll soon be flipped is my opinion.

Craftsman
    Exquisite ... and I like that Vulcan XII dial too - was that a CW special custom order ?

Nice collector piece but the hands are nigh on invisible so practically not so good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Slamdoor View Post
    Once the novelty wears off it’ll soon be flipped is my opinion.

That would be a very unusual thing to happen to the watches people on here buy...

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    I'd need to see it in person but I do quite like it. It would have to be on the leather strap, the bracelet doesn't quite do it for me.
    It comes with quick release bracelet and strap. I bought both, as I like to change the look on some watches.

Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    I do like a moonphase, and that one has to be one of the very best I've seen - lovely combination of simplicity, and sparkle!
    I think so too. I have two "normal" classic moonphases, but this is so different and is more Art in reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Fullbreakfast View Post
    Great pictures. Only CW watch I’ve seen that I like the look of.
    I like a lot of CWs personally, but good that you like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    I think it looks great in photos so would like to see in the metal. That is possibly the first time I have thought that about a CW.
    See the video I linked for a naked eye view of how it looks. There are also a lot of YT reviews on it, showing it. It changes a lot in different lighting.

Quote Originally Posted by 459GMB View Post
    Exquisite ... and I like that Vulcan XII dial too - was that a CW special custom order ?
    I did post a thread on that watch some time ago, but a Mod deleted it without explanation. Yes it's a limited 49 piece edition, and fully sold out long ago. But not yet delivered, so that's a render of it.

Quote Originally Posted by paw3001 View Post
    Nice collector piece but the hands are nigh on invisible so practically not so good.
    They are actually super readable. They appear to be black polished, so it's the angle of the light making them appear dark, or even black at some angles. My Grand Seikos do the same.

Journeyman
    It's an interesting take on both an aventurine dial & moon phase.
    Not a complication I'm overly fond of outside of a Sinn Hunting tbh, but always nice to see it done well.

I have an aventurine dialed, micro rotor powered Sólás and the hands on the CW appear to be quite similar shape.
    They sometimes get lost in reflection for me, a small gripe on an otherwise lovely watch.

Aventurine is gorgeous on the wrist and always looks different at every glance.
    The CW will do a decent job if anyone is after a dressy & elegant piece IMO.

I really like that, a bit of a statement piece. Pity about the very noticeable "Swiss Made" on the dial, it kind of breaks up the immersive look of the thing.

Mitch

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by banie01 View Post

Aventurine is gorgeous on the wrist and always looks different at every glance.
    The CW will do a decent job if anyone is after a dressy & elegant piece IMO.
    Yes, Aventurine is stunning when done well. I almost bought a Lange Saxonia Thin a couple of years ago, but am now glad that I passed on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    I really like that, a bit of a statement piece. Pity about the very noticeable "Swiss Made" on the dial, it kind of breaks up the immersive look of the thing.
    Yes, I see it as an Art watch personally. Agree completely about the "Swiss Made". Fortunately its small and when you look at the watch it falls under the curve of the box crystal, further reducing its impact.

Master
    I like the he rendition of the moon but think the actual watch is hideous...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ctafield View Post
    I think someone at CW likes the Sugess Moonphase.
    That is a corker of a moonphase without a doubt. And ridiculously cheap too.

Master
    Watchfinder seem to like it !

https://youtu.be/GgMAZtK1oM0?si=H4iy3_M5byesLYIt

I accept it challenges convention but its got to be a hard watch to read on the fly.

Craftsman
    Seriously, seriously tempted by one of these.

I like the bracelet but unsure as to whether I'd actually prefer the strap. Any thoughts?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by JasH View Post
    It comes with quick release bracelet and strap. I bought both, as I like to change the look on some watches.

Where so you see on the website it comes with both? I prefer the look of the strap but fear I may regret not buying the bracelet if I get the strap only.

My only other wish is they made one in gold.

Quote Originally Posted by LaurasOtherHalf View Post
    Where so you see on the website it comes with both? I prefer the look of the strap but fear I may regret not buying the bracelet if I get the strap only.

My only other wish is they made one in gold.
    I dont know if they are as regular in the past but they do have sales usually with bracelets and straps involved so if you do buy the watch on a bracelet and there is no additional strap you may be able to pick one up at a later date at a reasonable price.

Re CW watch straps, I have to say I have found them to be amongst the best out there (They have gone up a bit but thats another matter) Really well made and very comfortable.

I tend to avoid watch bracelet straps and owned a CW years ago on a bracelet and found it really uncomfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by LaurasOtherHalf View Post
    Seriously, seriously tempted by one of these.

I like the bracelet but unsure as to whether I'd actually prefer the strap. Any thoughts?
    CW bracelets are of a high quality for the price.

I have one of the Consort style (the bracelet used for the Moonphase) bracelets on one of my CWs.

I find it more comfortable than the jubilee used on 5 digit Rolex.

If you buy on a strap and add the bracelet later, the cost will be no different than buying on the bracelet and adding the strap.