closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Malaga-Hotel and restaurant recommendations

Master

Malaga-Hotel and restaurant recommendations

As above myself and the Mrs are heading to Malaga for a Fri-Mon short break 2 weeks tomorrow.
    Flights are booked but haven't booked a hotel or apartment yet.
    Availability seems fine as out of summer season so I'm not in a mad rush.
    Looking for a hotel in the centre which is also walkable for a trip down to the beachfront.
    Both of us like our food and wine so any nice restaurants folks have visited would be appreciated.
    Normally not into sight seeing too much as we just like to chill and relax but if there are any must see stuff then chip in.
    Thanks in advance.

Such an underrated city , Malaga is superb .
    We stayed at Eurostars near the train station which, although nice enough, was a mistake as it was too far out of the centre. It did make for a good walk which was always pleasant. We went into the AC Marriott for open air drinks on the roof and that looked like a very nice hotel. It was very central so well located.
    We ate a couple of times in www.laderiva.es . It’s on the edge of the old town but the food was excellent each time . First time was lunch outside and the second time was more formal in the evening . Neither time disappointed . Batik is right in the centre and has balcony seating and stunning views over the Alcazaba . Food and wine in here is very very good. Might be worth checking because it did get busy . It can be quite difficult to locate too as the entrance is fairly nondescript .
    Even the restaurants on the new harbour are worth a visit .
    Well worth jumping on the train from the airport too as the final stop isn’t a long way from town .

Edited to add , although you don’t like sightseeing , the Alcazaba is wonderful . Well worth the entrance fee.

Can’t help on the hotel front, as a few times we’ve been, we stayed at the brother in laws villa. Fantastic place. I’m partial to driving/travelling, and insistent tickets are booked for The Alhambra. Sore point for Granadinos, as it came 8th in the wonders of the world…

Master
    Great place Malaga. We stayed at an AirBNB with a lovely balcony overlooking the city(I’ll try and find it.

Some great roof top bars if that’s your thing but we just wandered around and ate and drank!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by craig1912 View Post
    Great place Malaga. We stayed at an AirBNB with a lovely balcony overlooking the city(I’ll try and find it.

Some great roof top bars if that’s your thing but we just wandered around and ate and drank!

That's exactly what we will be doing hopefully in the sun.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    [/B]

That's exactly what we will be doing hopefully in the sun.
    https://www.therooftopguide.com/roof...in-malaga.html

Hotel Miramar is nice, my favourite , Marriott is good but it is a Marriott, Hotel Castillo De Santa Catalina is cool and is a castle.

https://www.hotelcastillosantacatali...n=google-local

Keeping an eye on this, going in feb.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyMilts View Post
    Hotel Miramar is nice, my favourite , Marriott is good but it is a Marriott, Hotel Castillo De Santa Catalina is cool and is a castle.

https://www.hotelcastillosantacatali...n=google-local
    I actually booked the Miramar yesterday funnily enough.
    Free cancellation if anything better came up last minute deal wise.
    Thanks for the tips.
    Goat I'm on a waiting list for the restaurant you recommended.

Master
    Another vote for hotel Miramar.