closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Looking for family hotel in London next March

Journeyman

Looking for family hotel in London next March

Hi all, reaching out to the collective for suggestions on a good family hotel in London for a trip next March. We are aiming to do all the usual London stuff as it’s their first visit.. any good recommendations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always think a family trip to London depending on age group, the hotel just needs to be clean and quiet, you’ll spend more time out of it than in it. There are some managed apartments now that offer a good size room with ability to cook and eat in room if needed. But in London it’s all about being near a good tube station.

What age group are you, if you don’t mind me asking.

It might be just as cost effective to look for an air BNB in zone three / four, a few people on our street do it when they go away. It seems popular with families during weekends
    Last edited by Sinnlover; 25th October 2023 at 20:09.

Master
    We tend to pick a Premier Inn or travelodge whichever is cheaper as its just somewhere to sleep.
    The one time I went for something nicer it turned out the wife wasn't great, so spent time in the room whilst we explored.

Sent from my SM-F707B using Tapatalk

All depends on your budget as London has every variety of hotel covered from super basic to ultra luxury. However, bear in mind even budget hotels are pricier than their regional cousins!

If you just need a base to store your bags and sleep then Premier Inns are very good. I find them a little better than Travelodge. Plenty of them dotted around London as well. They are clean, comfortable and the breakfast is pretty good value.

If you want a bit of luxury then look at boutique small hotels, look east to Shoreditch, Farringdon etc. Of course, you have your standard chain hotels like Marriotts, Hilton’s etc and around Park lane they step up quite a bit but they are generally very good but blooming expensive.

I would recommend set a budget per night, decide what facilities you need to have, choose your location and then search at Booking.com for standard hotels or Premier Inn/Travelodge websites directly

Having stayed at such a mixed bag over the years, including some dissapointments that were rated on Tripadvisor and Booking.com, the easy option is probably a Premier Inn unless you get a solid recommendation from somebody you know/trust.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Journeyman
    Thanks all, kids will be 13 and 10.. two nights with budget around £400-£500 total if that’s not too far fetched?

I have stayed Hilton Garden Inn Heathrow or Holiday Inn Bath Road and have parked at Westfield shopping centre Shepherds Bush, giving quick access to Wood Lane or White City tube stations. All advice from here and it’s been stress free. Even the traffic from Westfield to the hotels.

Journeyman
    We found the Hammersmith Novotel was perfect for us. Good tube links, decent gym and breakfast and reasonably priced car park underneath.