closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Did I imagine this watch? Or does it exist

Did I imagine this watch? Or does it exist

Cannot find this watch and hope someone can help. Its a dive watch and the plots had smiley faces at the 6 & 9 position. On the back there is a quote engraved referring to getting the bends being equivalent to drinking one martini per 10m depth? Limited edition and sold out. Help!

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    Yes! Thanks Chris.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by amcneill View Post
    Cannot find this watch and hope someone can help. Its a dive watch and the plots had smiley faces at the 6 & 9 position. On the back there is a quote engraved referring to getting the bends being equivalent to drinking one martini per 10m depth? Limited edition and sold out.
    The 'equivalent to drinking one martini per 10m depth' aka Martini Law has no relevence to getting the bends, (which is decompression sickness) but instead relates to nitrogen narcosis.

It is purely a metaphor likening the effects of depth to mental impairment and there's little scale of measurement really, as there's all sorts of variables involved. Rarely experienced in the first 10 metres of a dive, but after that those variables take over and the first mild euphoria will be overtaken by all sorts of mental impairment and all sorts of depths.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

That’s a nice looking watch

Journeyman
    Very cool watch

Master
    I love the smiley faces.