closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Ming 37.07 Monolith

Journeyman

Ming 37.07 Monolith

Just wondered what thoughts/views people have on this new Ming release and also latest views generally regarding Ming watches?

https://www.ming.watch/products/ming-37-07-monolith

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like it a lot, but won't be buying this one. I've had a pair of 17s, a couple of 37s and a 22, still got one of each of those and that's plenty. I love the Ming aesthetic but can't keep buying them.

On the wider view of Ming... I think they've taken a battering recently, the brand isn't quite as hot as it was a couple of years ago and the general downturn in the luxury watch industry has hit Ming; it's hard for a microbrand to charge multiple 1000s, even more so now. Despite this one shipping next month with no big wait, I don't think the frenzy will be quite what it was.

Master
    Ming changing the strap around for the movement shot never fails to anger me.

Ming watches are like Mexican food. Doesn't matter what you order, you always receive pretty much the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
    Ming changing the strap around for the movement shot never fails to anger me.
    I did not clock that! I suppose the red of the strap's underside would draw instant visual attention more than the watch

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Ming watches are like Mexican food. Doesn't matter what you order, you always receive pretty much the same thing.
    That should really be '...are like Mexican takeaway food in the UK...' Mexican food is incredibly diverse in reality, just what you've been exposed to may be monotonous.

They seem aptly named, as I find them Mercilessly dull. E.g. the watch in the photo above looks identical to one in their current range (from the front anyway). Not a fan. Sure there have been threads about them previously, if you have a search.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I would like to have a Ming watch, but not sure if this is the one.

It seems a long time since he was posting on this forum as a young lad! Probably because it is a long time. It was always clear he'd go on to greater things, and I'm pleased he's been able to build what he has. I hope it survives current difficulties.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    That sounds like Chinese food to me!

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

The watches unfortunately do all seem very similar add to that the whole song and dance of pay 50% up front sale only open for a certain time of day and endless limited editions and its just a big turn off. I would like to think they have now reached a point where they really dont have to do all this and just concentrate on producing nice watches that are available to buy, I think the whole online feeding frenzy has passed now time to move on.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    They seem aptly named, as I find them Mercilessly dull. E.g. the watch in the photo above looks identical to one in their current range (from the front anyway). Not a fan. Sure there have been threads about them previously, if you have a search.
    +1. Never understood the rush to buy (apart from those that thought they'd all go up in value)...

Journeyman
    Well I decided to go for it and purchase my first Ming watch. I like it, very different looking to my other watches. Nice caseback as well

Looks good. Does it wear bigger than the specs suggest?

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Sproughton View Post
    Looks good. Does it wear bigger than the specs suggest?
    Yes I’d say it does. Definitely doesn’t feel or look small imo.

Master
    Looks great. I really want to try a Ming, as the design really appeals to me. 2 things keep putting me off - the size (at 38mm much smaller than my usual comfort zone of 42-44mm) and the lack of a second hand. Would love to be able to see one “in the flesh”

Enjoy your new watch.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Skip View Post
    Looks great. I really want to try a Ming, as the design really appeals to me. 2 things keep putting me off - the size (at 38mm much smaller than my usual comfort zone of 42-44mm) and the lack of a second hand. Would love to be able to see one “in the flesh”

Enjoy your new watch.
    Yes I would have liked a second hand. But I understand not having one is a key part of the Ming design language. But I’m happy to overlook it for this watch :)

I think it looks great 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Gavster View Post
    Well I decided to go for it and purchase my first Ming watch. I like it, very different looking to my other watches. Nice caseback as well

Excellent pick up - the dlc to me works better for the 'mosaic' design than the OG - i think their best release in this case design too. Congrats and hope it serves you well. I still enjoy all 5 of mine. lol

Blog Entries
    Not that familiar with the brand, but it looks pretty boring to me.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.