closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: My Porsche Design by Eterna has stopped working- Help!!

Craftsman

My Porsche Design by Eterna has stopped working- Help!!

Hi everyone, does anyone know how to fix or service these please?

I’ve just returned from my local jeweller thinking that it needed a new battery but it wasn’t a battery problem, the watch had just stopped working. The jeweller thought that due to it being stored for a while, that it might have been caused by the battery leaking and it might result in a costly repair. As it’s an old watch and not worth much it’s probably not cost effective to repair, however, I rather like it and would like it saved if possible. I’ve attached a pic of the offending item.

Kind regards.
    Pete.

Don’t panic!

If you have a case back opener , crack open the case back and show a picture of the movement, someone will know what it is.
    If the movement is bu99ered it should be easy to replace it with a new one, it looks like a quartz ETA chrono movement which should not be difficult to find or replace.

I had the same watch (but with a black dial) and the same problem a few years ago. I googled the ETA reference on the movement, found an online supplier selling NOS movements and had a local watchmaker fit it.

That is one of the ETA 251 series movements (I think it is the .272), you should be able to get a replacement movement for under £100.

Craftsman
    Many thanks for your replies chaps.
    I’ve managed to take the back off and have taken a pic of the movement, attached. It’s only an iPad shot so might not show much but I can make out the movement number which looks like those that have been mentioned.
    Is there anyone with the required skills among the forum members that could acquire and replace the movement for me please?
    Cheers.
    Pete.