closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Omega SMPc 300m 41mm (2500D) Help me choose a bracelet...

Master

Omega SMPc 300m 41mm (2500D) Help me choose a bracelet...

I have one of the first SMPc back from 2011. I love the watch, but never really warmed up to the non tapering, no micro adjustment Bond bracelet.

Omega & Cha_4 by etienne spiteri, on Flickr

So much so, that back when I bought it, I also bought an OEM Omega Speedy bracelet, the fully brushed one. I believe it is from the pre co-axial, pre ceramic SMP GMT 300m model. Forgot the reference for that watch.

I like this bracelet a little better, for the fact it is all brushed and tapers to 18mm, but still. The lack of micro adjustment, too modest a taper and male end links are not the ultimate in wearing comfort. I know the watch can do better. The reference in wearing comfort, for a steel bracelet for me, remains the old Rolex 20mm to 16mm Oyster bracelet, especially the female end links one on the old subs (eg. 14060M).

I need it to be of high quality to match the rest of the watch. I'm considering a Forstner. Not too much options for the 41mm pre-2018 model it seems. The new SMP 42mm and the 41mm SMP bracelets are not interchangeable. Trust me, I tried, when I bought a bracelet off the new 42mm model and it did not fit a year or so ago!

It's either the Forstner President or the Forstner Bullet. I know they make an Oyster style one which looks terrific, but that would just be a rip off of the Rolex and a bit of a travesty on an Omega SMP IMHO.

The president is all brushed, but for some reason, the bullet seems to be more fitting of the Omega. Perhaps the fact it is very similar to the Original OEM bracelet that comes with the latest version Speedy? So more 'Omega'? I don't know.

Preferably I would like the more 'vintage' and smaller flip lock friction clasp, that came with the old Forstners, rather than the larger milled one of the latest versions. Sadly it does not show on their site anymore.

Anyone care to share his opinion/photos of these bracelets?

I'd possibly let the OEM Omega Speedy style bracelet go then. No use having it sitting in the watchbox.

A couple of photos borrowed from the Forstner website for reference.

President:

Forstner President by etienne spiteri, on Flickr

Bullet:

Forstner Bullet by etienne spiteri, on Flickr

Master
    Agree with what you say. I've a current smp and the bracelet is in the box still snickered. I wear it on a sailcloth but frequently look at the forstner and the uncle Seiko straps.
    I tried my PO bracelet on the smp. That looked superb but the spring bar holes aren't quite in the right spot so it didn't fit. Tempted to get some bent end spring bars to see if that is enough to make it fit! I like the PO bracelet a lot but it's got male end links too.
    My current preference is the forstner or us oyster or speedy bracelet....I think speedy is the best perhaps. Are forstner clasps micro adjust though? I didn't think they were?

I've not helped have I, sorry.

Forget the bracelet and stick it on an Omega nato! Sorry, I am no help either…

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    As much as I love the Omega Nato, it's too costly for my wallets :)

I have great experience with Maratac or Phenomenato. I like their products. But a good bracelet is hard to beat for me, even though I have tens of Nato straps.

Yes, the Forstner clasp has micro adjust.

Just realized I attached the wrong photo of the Bullet. This is the bullet (borrowed from Forstner site):

Forstner Bullet by etienne spiteri, on Flickr

Craftsman
    Would the clasp from a Planet Ocean fit either the OEM bracelet or the Speedy one?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by matt666 View Post
    Would the clasp from a Planet Ocean fit either the OEM bracelet or the Speedy one?
    That, I do not know.