closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Visiting NY with Grandkids

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Ooh I forgot to mention the cable car to Roosevelt Island. I can't believe I've been to NYC twice and had never heard of this until recently. I've done some research for next time and the island looks great.

On the subject of prices, I've been recently and yes it's more expensive than in 2018. However, it doesn't have to be expensive. There's loads of great places to eat at reasonable prices, even right in the thick of things. Andrew's Coffee Shop on 7th (not far from Macy's, opposite side of the road) serves incredible food all day Andrews NYC Diner | New York Diner

Liberty Bagels Liberty Bagels – Home to the best old-fashioned, hand-rolled, kettle boiled bagels in New York. is the best bagel place I've ever been to. The 'Lasso' bagel is worth the flight alone - amazing!

As for tipping....I don't play those games. It's not a legal requirement to tip and I'm not responsible for subsidising an employer's wage bill. That may be harsh but that's how I feel about it. You're supposed to tip in a restaurant but not in McDonald's but they both serve you food.
    So you'd eat at a diner and you wouldn't tip your waitress, just to be clear...you never heard, ''when in Rome...''

Correct. I'll make my own mind up about whether a tip is appropriate. I'm not doing it just because it's expected. I'll also decide how much that tip is going to be. The 'When in Rome' analogy is ridiculous, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    So you'd eat at a diner and you wouldn't tip your waitress, just to be clear...you never heard, ''when in Rome...''

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Correct. I'll make my own mind up about whether a tip is appropriate. I'm not doing it just because it's expected. I'll also decide how much that tip is going to be. The 'When in Rome' analogy is ridiculous, sorry.
    No need to be sorry.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Thanks guys. St Paul’s is a must again for us and the kids will like that, as they go to a Catholic school.