closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Seeking forum advice - bracelet stretch, gold lady datejust.

Seeking forum advice - bracelet stretch, gold lady datejust.

A friend has just messaged me asking if I could suggest anybody who could repair the bracelet on his mothers gold lady datejust. From his description it sounds like bracelet stretch.

Ive told him I will ask on here, as the combined skills, knowledge and experience on this forum are somewhat vast!

I recall reading recommendations in the past and I know that I position myself in the firing line for not doing a post search, but I am currently in work and have been put on the spot.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Umbongo View Post
    A friend has just messaged me asking if I could suggest anybody who could repair the bracelet on his mothers gold lady datejust. From his description it sounds like bracelet stretch.

Ive told him I will ask on here, as the combined skills, knowledge and experience on this forum are somewhat vast!

I recall reading recommendations in the past and I know that I position myself in the firing line for not doing a post search, but I am currently in work and have been put on the spot.
    Send it to Seth (the watch dealer.Co.uk)

Master
    I'd be interested if anyone ever has success restoring a stretched gold Rolex bracelet.

I haven't tried Seth (a friend) with one of these myself.

Never seen a good job by others yet. Thought I had, but on closer examination the dealer had simply soldered two lengths of links (not made by Rolex, but genuine 18ct gold) to a genuine Rolex clasp.

Too many people just look at the clasp and if they believe its markings are correct conclude that the whole bracelet is.

Seth did a wonderful job of both my mum and dad's DateJusts. Both from the 80s (the watches), and both very stretched (the watches)!

Sent from my CPH2415 using Tapatalk

Michael Young in Hong Kong.
    Look no further.
    Around $800 for a gents 18k jubilee, don’t know about costs for ladies bracelets .