closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Can you tell me more about these items please?- Omega, Ingersoll and clocks

Master
    Blog Entries

Can you tell me more about these items please?- Omega, Ingersoll and clocks

Hi all, hoping the extensive knowledge in here might be able to help tell me more about these and some idea of value please.
    My sister in law was given these items by her uncle just before he passed away but we know nothing of their origin and aside from the purchase receipt for the Gents Omega we have no idea of age or where the clocks came from, likewise no idea of value which would also be useful.
    I have to say I like both the clocks and have said I’d buy them from her once I know a fair price.
    Many thanks in advance .

IMG_4229.jpg
    IMG_4230.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If working, I’d say

Swiza in box is only worth 10 to 20 quid.
    Ingersoll Triumph also about £20.
    Ladies quartz Omega about £30.

The pick of the bunch, by far, is the gents gold plated Omega with box and papers. Probably 2 to 3 hundred pounds.

Foggy

Ladies quartz omega got to be worth more than £30.....if it works I would say £70 to £100.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the replies so far, I would of expected anything from Omega to be worth at least £100 although I fully accept a ladies quartz with a personal engraving on the case back isn’t hugely desirable.
    I would welcome the opinions of other, thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Glover View Post
    Thanks for the replies so far, I would of expected anything from Omega to be worth at least £100 although I fully accept a ladies quartz with a personal engraving on the case back isn’t hugely desirable.
    I would welcome the opinions of other, thanks again.
    And that’s why I valued it as I did. Ladies watches are difficult enough to sell as it is. Throw in the small size and the engraving (that’s the killer) and all I’d say is good luck selling it.

You also said you liked both clocks, but I can only see one clock pictured in your post. Is there another I’ve missed?

Foggy
    Last edited by Foggy; 28th September 2023 at 20:57.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Hi Foggy, thanks for the reply and points taken.
    Yes there is another clock and for some reason the links appear at the top of the page but only shows small images when you click on them. I will start another thread for that one

Master
    Blog Entries
    Any other opinions welcome please

I have another opinion, different to my first one.

They’re all super rare and ultra desirable. Worth millions 😉

Foggy

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy View Post
    I have another opinion, different to my first one.

They’re all super rare and ultra desirable. Worth millions 😉

Foggy
    LOL.. thanks a lot !!

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    It's hard to put a price on the Geneve as '72 is right on the cusp between the 565 (desirable) and the 1000 (not so much). Even then, gold plate is not highly regarded. The condition is good and it would be a nice watch to own, but a service would be needed and any parts needed would be expensive of challenging (or both). Personally I like Geneves, but they lack the cachet of Seamasters and all while often being close to identical.

Likewise, the 1350 quartz is a lovely in house movement which can be accurate and reliable if well looked after, but has no parts availability short of other 1350 quartz and a few parts collectors. Far too many are put away working and then are silently killed by battery leakage - that hasn't obviously happened here, but I wouldn't put a value on it until I'd seen it tick. Even then it wouldn't be much.

The rest is boot sale fare.

In short, it's a fair bit of uncertainty and quite a lot of unavoidable cost for two watches that are not terribly popular beyond being Omega.

EDIT - after a quick search, 166.070 looks to be 565, which is a great, but it's still sub 35mm and gold...
    Last edited by M4tt; 1st October 2023 at 20:18.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Many thanks for all the information and I totally understand the points raised. I was unaware that parts were unavailable as I had thought STS could service and repair most vintage Omegas, however it stands to reason that eventually parts run out.
    So if it’s a 575 what value would that equate to?

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Many thanks for all the information and I totally understand the points raised. I was unaware that parts were unavailable as I had thought STS could service and repair most vintage Omegas, however it stands to reason that eventually parts run out.
    Purely as a commercial exercise, in small and plated quite possibly less than an STS service would cost. Somewhere either side of 300 if it keeps time and the date changes. But wearing it without a service will take out the rotor in no time and that would be very expensive to fix. It’s arguably one of the best Golden Age automatics but it’s in the wrong case with the wrong branding.

Have you looked at STS service prices?

A mechanical Omega is £530 plus some parts (E.g. rotor) are chargeable on top. And that’s the price for anything made after 1990. Vintage is price on application, so likely to be more.

Foggy

Master
    Blog Entries
    Thanks guys and that’s all really useful information. I think the decision has been made to sell on eBay and just take whatever they fetch.