closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Bracelet for SBDX001 MM 300...might have found a replacement...

Master

Bracelet for SBDX001 MM 300...might have found a replacement...

I have just seen a new Seiko release, only found out yesterday...

It's the SLA073. I like it, but I particularly like it's bracelet!

SLA073 by etienne spiteri, on Flickr

Credit for the photo : Fratello Watches

I am thinking whether this would fit on my MM300 (SBDX001) case. Anyone tried to swap bracelets from MM200 to MM300 ever? Anyone can confirm if these match? Thanks in advance!

I can't advise on MM200>MM300, but I can recommend Strapcode -> this transformed my MM300 (compared to the naff standard bracelet). They occasionally come up on the SC (the last one sold last month).
    https://www.strapcode.com/products/metal-ss-bcl20-b058

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    I can't advise on MM200>MM300, but I can recommend Strapcode -> this transformed my MM300 (compared to the naff standard bracelet). They occasionally come up on the SC (the last one sold last month).
    https://www.strapcode.com/products/metal-ss-bcl20-b058
    Nice bracelet for sure, but would prefer OEM Seiko if possible...at least I think...as the bracelet I'm looking for retails for over 300 Euro new.

I'll keep digging and keep my eyes open see what comes up. Opposite to many, I love the MM300 ratcheting clasp though. Must have used it hundred times over my wetsuits on my SBBN015 :), so the ability to fit this to any bracelet I go for is paramount to me.

Tried the bracelet from the SPB297 Glacier MM200 on my SBDX012 MM300 and it didn’t fit. End link depth was too narrow for the lug holes to line up.

Never understood why people moan about the stock bracelet. Perfectly fit for purpose and wears very well in my (extensive) experience with this watch.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Never understood why people moan about the stock bracelet. Perfectly fit for purpose and wears very well in my (extensive) experience with this watch.
    I was going to write the same thing. I think it depends on the fit though... it took a bit of faffing to get mine to fit with the clasp centred and comfortable, balancing the watch head. But when I got it right, it was perfect.

I am another fan of the stock bracelet (wearing it today)
    It’s comfortable and the clasp is one of my favourites (although ugly compared to other micro adjust clasps)
    I think the strap code bracelets and similar can over power the watch head, lots of them are too angular, thick and bulky for what is quite a curvy and intricately shaped Watch head.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokyo Tokei View Post
    I was going to write the same thing. I think it depends on the fit though... it took a bit of faffing to get mine to fit with the clasp centred and comfortable, balancing the watch head. But when I got it right, it was perfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    I am another fan of the stock bracelet (wearing it today)
    It’s comfortable and the clasp is one of my favourites (although ugly compared to other micro adjust clasps)
    I think the strap code bracelets and similar can over power the watch head, lots of them are too angular, thick and bulky for what is quite a curvy and intricately shaped Watch head.
    I used to pop mine on a Yobokies 4-hole clasp. Perfection.

Master
    Not moaning, but with all links at 6 o'clock removed on the original bracelet, the clasp still sits to the outside of the wrist (not centered) and after a day I'm glad to take it off when I get home. It hurts my wrist a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by buddy13 View Post
    Not moaning, but with all links at 6 o'clock removed on the original bracelet, the clasp still sits to the outside of the wrist (not centered) and after a day I'm glad to take it off when I get home. It hurts my wrist a bit.
    Got you. Do you need it on the stock clasp if you’re not diving?

I had the same. If the clasp is a little bit off, it is literally a pain. I can't remember exactly as it was some time ago, but I think I put the 12 o'clock side of the bracelet (with sufficient links removed) on the 6 o'clock side, and generally faffed around with links each side, until it was centred. Then it was perfect. But changing the clasp might work too.

I do think the MM300 bracelet lets it down a bit. The polished bits don’t suit the watch and the links are quite big which doesn’t help centre the clasp. A slightly more normal link size with an extra link or two would give the same max wrist capacity.

Master
    Got you. Do you need it on the stock clasp if you’re not diving?
    Who said I'm not diving? The MM300 clasp is my favourite for the fact I can easily adjust it to fit over my various thickness wetsuits :).

During summer, it also allows me to extend it one click on the wrist, when my wrist swells.

Who said I'm not diving? The MM300 clasp is my favourite for the fact I can easily adjust it to fit over my various thickness wetsuits :).

During summer, it also allows me to extend it one click on the wrist, when my wrist swells.
    Simple question - no hidden meaning and no need to get defensive.

I'm out, as they say.

^ Tony, FWIW, I didn't read Buddy's response as defensive (but quite genial, he included a smiley). I perhaps annoyed you with my "naff" statement (which is my opinion, admittedly a lot of this is the clasp - for which you found a solution), and you then commented on people moaning about the stock bracelet. Just my 2c. I hope you're well.

Master
    Simple question - no hidden meaning and no need to get defensive.

I'm out, as they say.
    I did not mean to offend. Just typing quickly at work!

Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    ^ Tony, FWIW, I didn't read Buddy's response as defensive (but quite genial, he included a smiley). I perhaps annoyed you with my "naff" statement (which is my opinion, admittedly a lot of this is the clasp - for which you found a solution), and you then commented on people moaning about the stock bracelet. Just my 2c. I hope you're well.
    I did not mean to offend. Just typing quickly at work!
    Noted, and no, I wasn’t annoyed by anything/anyone. Easy to misinterpret tone, that’s all

I took some advice from this thread and removed one of the links from the top (as it were, between 12 and the clasp) side of my SLA023 and put it in the bottom side of the bracelet (from 6 to the clasp). The visible part of the clasp on the underside of my wrist is no longer central but the folding part on the inside is and now sits comfortably on my wrist. Previously the underside of the clasp was uncomfortable and the whole watch felt offcentre. Now I can wear it all day and all night (and have done the last three or four days/nights).

The only downside is 10 or more years ago I bought an MM300 from Andy Tims and he stabbed himself resizing the bracelet and I've taken the mickey out him ever since. And I did exactly the same adjusting the bracelet the other day.
    "A man of little significance"

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    I took some advice from this thread and removed one of the links from the top (as it were, between 12 and the clasp) side of my SLA023 and put it in the bottom side of the bracelet (from 6 to the clasp). The visible part of the clasp on the underside of my wrist is no longer central but the folding part on the inside is and now sits comfortably on my wrist. Previously the underside of the clasp was uncomfortable and the whole watch felt offcentre. Now I can wear it all day and all night (and have done the last three or four days/nights).

The only downside is 10 or more years ago I bought an MM300 from Andy Tims and he stabbed himself resizing the bracelet and I've taken the mickey out him ever since. And I did exactly the same adjusting the bracelet the other day.
    Good result, save that you can’t continue taking the mickey out of Andy.

Good result, save that you can’t continue taking the mickey out of Andy.
    It's ok, I have loads of fresh material from taking him to Le Mans in June!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post

Great to hear.

I have 4 links (minimum) on the 6 o'clock side on my MM300. With my small wrist (6.75 inch) the claps ends up off centered to the 12 o'clock side and digs into the underside of my wrist a bit, making it uncomfortable.

I have worn the same clasp on the beautiful SBBN015 bracelet (best Seiko diver bracelet?) which has shorter, all removable links, for days on end with zero comfort issues. I use 4 (shorter) links on the 6 o'clock side with the 015.

Great to hear.

I have 4 links (minimum) on the 6 o'clock side on my MM300. With my small wrist (6.75 inch) the claps ends up off centered to the 12 o'clock side and digs into the underside of my wrist a bit, making it uncomfortable.

I have worn the same clasp on the beautiful SBBN015 bracelet (best Seiko diver bracelet?) which has shorter, all removable links, for days on end with zero comfort issues. I use 4 (shorter) links on the 6 o'clock side with the 015.
    I couldn't wear it for more than a couple of hours before and now I'm still wearing it with zero discomfort. I have a 7.5" wrist and it just works now but I can imagine it would be very easy for it not to work on a lot of wrists.

I actually have one of the clasps Terry mentioned but haven't fitted it because the bracelet length now is absolutely perfect with the standard clasp (adjuster closed) and the replacement is a slightly different length.

Apprentice
    Nice bracelet for sure, but would prefer OEM Seiko if possible...at least I think...as the bracelet I'm looking for retails for over 300 Euro new.

I'll keep digging and keep my eyes open see what comes up. Opposite to many, I love the MM300 ratcheting clasp though. Must have used it hundred times over my wetsuits on my SBBN015 :), so the ability to fit this to any bracelet I go for is paramount to me.
    Is the 300 eur you're quoting for the SLA073 from the first post? The Grand Seiko boutique on Bond St. said it's £250. When I insisted they check they said 'oh, actually it's £400'...