closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Casio, Positive and Negative displays.

Casio, Positive and Negative displays.

I have never really been a Casio guy but I do really like the GMW B5000 series with the positive display, I have seen a few models I like but with a negative display which i'm not keen on, its a shame that with all the functions they have these days there is not a function that switches from positive to negative.

I see lots of replies to your iPhone thread. Hope some of them were useful.

Buy one of each. G-Shocks don't count, everyone knows that.

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    I see lots of replies to your iPhone thread. Hope some of them were useful.
    Thanks, yes they were, we have given it a lot of thought and decided that for the £1000 plus we would spend to upgrade to the 12 or better we wouldent get anything really that would do anything great for us, we text, phone, check the weather, BBC notifications, take a few photos, check the lotto and use Hive and thats about it and the 10(X) of mine and the XR of the wifes does these things effortless so we will save the £1K for now.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa Hotel View Post
    Buy one of each. G-Shocks don't count, everyone knows that.
    Correct answer!

If you DID want to mod your watch to reverse the digital display - here is an article how to do it (looks like the pics have long gone though)

https://www.watchuseek.com/threads/h...-on-a-g.19229/

Basically - rotate the polarising filter - you could write to Casio to get it incorporated to their models?

And this - https://www.watchuseek.com/threads/h.../post-55856702
    Last edited by MartynJC (UK); 19th September 2023 at 19:37.
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

You can switch from positive to negative on e-ink displays in software, but the fundamental physics of how an LCD display works mean it requires physical changes to the polarisation to change from positive to negative.

But yes, with Casios you get one of each.

When I was younger I wanted a negative display because it’s cooler. Now my eyes aren’t so good I’ve bought a positive display which I find easier to read.

Never got on with negative displays.

Master
    The new negative displays in some models are now really good, similar to Garmin etc.

I’ve only got two at the moment, both positive (Rangeman and basically a titanium back 5000 square) and have no problems

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Caruso View Post
    You can switch from positive to negative on e-ink displays in software, but the fundamental physics of how an LCD display works mean it requires physical changes to the polarisation to change from positive to negative.
    True for the traditional seven segment displays, but MIP LCD displays as used in some of the more recent Casios and Garmins do allow this in principle, because any pixel can be dark or light. Doesn't necessarily mean the manufacturer has built in a function to reverse a particular display function, although some Garmin watches have both negative and positive watch faces available.

Master
    Buy a positive display model then different bracelet and bezel from Tiktox, job sorted😁

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTigerUK View Post
    I have never really been a Casio guy but I do really like the GMW B5000 series with the positive display, I have seen a few models I like but with a negative display which i'm not keen on, its a shame that with all the functions they have these days there is not a function that switches from positive to negative.
    My Suunto Traverse used to have alternating display where you could select either background... handy feature in certain lighting conditions.

I recently ordered the new Casio Mudman with negative display and could hardly read it... very dissapointed... so exchanged it for the positive display, far better, but only available in black and red case option....

As you say, i agree it would be a handy and useful option.

Mike
    Last edited by sweetpea; 23rd September 2023 at 21:19.