closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tag heuer quartz aquaracer authenticity

Blog Entries

Tag heuer quartz aquaracer authenticity

Are any tag experts able to advise if these Tag heuer aquaracers in quartz for sale on eBay are genuine ? Sadly there is no eBay authentication guarantee on these.

I spoke with a Tag heuer repairer on eBay who said he was an ex tag heuer watchmaker. I linked them to him and he validated the blue version from the correct batons , serial number matching the model , the etching of 3250 on the lugs but then looked at the black dial model and discounted it as dubious due to the lume pip which led him to cast aspersions to the blue version and the company as a whole and avoid .

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/256221390...mis&media=COPY

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/256221390...mis&media=COPY

Avoid like the plague ?

Thanks .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Avoid like the plague, unfortunately there are so many fakes on eBay of tag heuer, tissot, Longines, oris and probably many other's I wouldn't touch with a barge pole.

Sent from a technical device.

Easiest way to tell is bezel pip. ,Both of your links look wrong to myself and both look fake …
    Forget about serial numbers checking out on Tag site as they just duplicate a genuine watches serial numbers

Ask for better pics and compare bezel pip to known genuine pictures of the watch
    They pretty easy to spot once u know what to look for

Just to add And EBay is rife with them …
    Including so called Business sellers with lots of positive feedback
    The trick is keeping them under £1500 I believe so it doesn’t go to authentication
    But by far easiest giveaway is bezel pip with fakes pip just stuck on the bezel instead of being countersunk and having a thin black line around it

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sickie View Post
    Avoid like the plague, unfortunately there are so many fakes on eBay of tag heuer, tissot, Longines, oris and probably many other's I wouldn't touch with a barge pole.

Sent from a technical device.
    Thanks sickie . Avoided . I did ask this seller for extra pictures yesterday but have been waiting…patiently. I doubt they will ever arrive .

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by speedypro1111 View Post
    Easiest way to tell is bezel pip. ,Both of your links look wrong to myself and both look fake …
    Forget about serial numbers checking out on Tag site as they just duplicate a genuine watches serial numbers

Ask for better pics and compare bezel pip to known genuine pictures of the watch
    They pretty easy to spot once u know what to look for
    Cheers , I have some genuine pictures of past sales on here to compare to and tag heuers actual site for stock photos . I’ll exercise serious due diligence , thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by speedypro1111 View Post
    Just to add And EBay is rife with them …
    Including so called Business sellers with lots of positive feedback
    The trick is keeping them under £1500 I believe so it doesn’t go to authentication
    But by far easiest giveaway is bezel pip with fakes pip just stuck on the bezel instead of being countersunk and having a thin black line around it
    Thanks. . It’s difficult to gauge the pip on some listings . Especially if you have a genuine model but the picture quality is poor . EBay is the bloody devils lair.