closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Zodiac Sea-Chron dive chrono...

Master

Zodiac Sea-Chron dive chrono...

I have never truly satisfied my 'need' for a good dive chrono, with pushers that can be activated underwater. In my time, I had a UTS Chrono. Lovely watch, but too large and thick and did not like the screwed on lugs. Also bought the last Sinn 203 from their factory in Frankfurt (back then), but did not like the feel of the pushers. They were a bit 'loose' feeling.

I like the new Arktis II, but not it's display back or 43mm diameter. I like the Aquastar Deepstar, but it's retro looks and 'one eye' look are not for me (I think).

Some months ago I found out about the Zodiac Sea-chron reviewed here: https://www.ablogtowatch.com/watch-r...s-chronograph/

Must say it's a looker and does seem like a no nonsense watch. Must admit to not know much about Zodiac. Anyone owned any of their watches able to give some feedback on feel, case finish, build quality, warranty, etc?

Most importantly, anyone knows if these pushers can be activated underwater?!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by buddy13; 6th September 2023 at 15:54.

Master
    A helping hand.

A very nice watch.

Do you really need a chronograph that can have its pushers operated when submerged ? It seems an odd thing to guide the purchase of an expensive chrono.
    Last edited by HookedSeven; 6th September 2023 at 18:25.

I'd imagine as it's called a sea-chron and water proof to 660ft he probably plans on diving with it using the chronograph as a timer.

Either way for absolute certainty I'd contact Zodiac direct, at least they would give you the correct answer.

Sent from a technical device.

That's a very good looking Zodiac.

As an aside, here's a thread from a few years ago about divers with pushers that can be used underwater, in case you see something in there that also tickles your fancy:

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...-diver-options

Master
    The Sinn EZM13.1 has pushers that function underwater.

Some Damasko too.

Sent from my SM-A145R using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MADDOG View Post
    A helping hand.

A very nice watch.

Thanks! Was in a rush and posted as attachment.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by HookedSeven View Post
    Do you really need a chronograph that can have its pushers operated when submerged ? It seems an odd thing to guide the purchase of an expensive chrono.
    Of course, how else would it be a diving Chronograph if you were not able to use its timing function while diving?

1 Rule for all of my watches in my modest collection. They must all be able to come diving with me :)

Quote Originally Posted by buddy13 View Post
    Of course, how else would it be a diving Chronograph if you were not able to use its timing function while diving?

1 Rule for all of my watches in my modest collection. They must all be able to come diving with me :)
    Maybe the bezel is used for timing dives, or you need the precision of seconds rather than minutes ? I’d guess a pusher could get accidentally knocked, and surely the legibility of chrono hands isn’t great when underwater.