closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Bird sh*t car stains!

Master

Bird sh*t car stains!

Yesterday I had to park my car under a tree, come back to it this morning and naturally there are 2 massive bird sh*ts on the bonnet, now home and cleaned it off, unfortunately it's left 2 stains on the paintwork where the deposit was, now I've t-cut it and it hasn't improved it at all, any suggestions?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by cbh View Post
    Yesterday I had to park my car under a tree, come back to it this morning and naturally there are 2 massive bird sh*ts on the bonnet, now home and cleaned it off, unfortunately it's left 2 stains on the paintwork where the deposit was, now I've t-cut it and it hasn't improved it at all, any suggestions?
    Haven't tried this myself, but have seen many videos of these evening out with the use of a heat gun or hair dryer, might be worth a try...

First suggestion would be to not use T Cut I'm afraid, notwithstanding that it's not got rid of it, it's quite an abrasive polish and can end up doing more harm than good.

I'd head on over to the Detailing World forum where you'll probably find the answer.

Google something like "bird poo detailingworld forum" and you'll probably find a good solution.

Sent from my CPH2415 using Tapatalk

I had this problem - it is caused by the paint overheating under the bird mess. You can cure it with a hairdryer - basically heat the paint up until it is hot enough to regain its original look. T Cut won't help as it is the paint beneath the clear coat (unless an old car).

You have to do it within a few days before it "sets".

Master
    Ok, I'll get the Mrs hairdryer who'd have thought!

Thanks for the reply's.

https://www.detailingworld.co.uk/thr...method.380428/

There are bags you can buy that you put in the mark and heat up…. Let me find them

Master
    if it's the clear coat that's etched then the hair dryer method seems to be recommended plus there is now a "heat pack" sold by Autoglym which has mixed reviews - tube vids are worth a look

First thing to do is that you simply dampen a paper kitchen towel with warm (ish) water and then put it over the offending bird mess on the car. Leave a short while to dry and it will lift off all the poo and not damage the paintwork or topcoat gloss at all when you remove it.
    Last edited by Gareth-W; 5th September 2023 at 18:59.

Craftsman
    WD40!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Have the car ceramic coated eliminate’s and chance of bird poo staining.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by hilly10 View Post
    Have the car ceramic coated eliminate’s and chance of bird poo staining.
    Ceramic coating may help, but that can be damaged too...

Master
    I can confirm that the heat gun or hairdryer method works. I used this method after washing some bird poo off the car. When it’s very hot and sunny the acidic bird muck causes etching to the lacquer which tends to be only visible at certain angles. Once you’ve seen it though it’s hard to no look for it every time.

Check out some YouTube video as to get your confidence level up and I used a hairdryer on a hot setting held a couple of inches from the stain for about 10 to 20 seconds. It magically disappears as the lacquer somehow revert back to its original unmarked state. I also tried a cloth soaked in boiling water and then quickly taken out and placed on the stain whilst still very hot which also worked. No need for abrasive polishes and all that nonsense despite what some online videos will have you believe.

Cheers
    Neil

Master
    Blog Entries
    interesting topic - 1st question is perhaps….

Is the staining in your lsp or has it penetrated through to the lacquer

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Litcan91 View Post
    Ceramic coating may help, but that can be damaged too...
    If the poo is removed sooner rather than later Ceramic will withstand against any damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    First thing to do is that you simply dampen a paper kitchen towel with warm (ish) water and then put it over the offending bird mess on the car. Leave a short while to dry and it will lift off all the poo and not damage the paintwork or topcoat gloss at all when you remove it.
    I use a few sheet of loo roll. Soak it in water (cold is fine) and place over the offending bird mess for 10-15 mins. Just melts the crap away and bird mess just slides off without any rubbing.

Slightly off the OP's topic but in a similar vein: this.

https://gardxshop.com/products/bird-dropping-remover

Please please believe me that I've never used anything that "does what it says on the tin" like this stuff.

Cheaper places to buy online from too but I'm always reluctant to recommend buying anything via ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    I use a few sheet of loo roll. Soak it in water (cold is fine) and place over the offending bird mess for 10-15 mins. Just melts the crap away and bird mess just slides off without any rubbing.
    He has safely removed the bid poo, the clearcoat has overheated under the bird poo hence he needs a hairdryer to restore it. But yes damp paper is a big help for softening up the poo to remove it.

Master
    My dad used to say if a bird sh1ts on your car don’t take her out again.

Master
    Unfortunately the hairdryer tip didn't work, but a friend had some fancy polishing compound and that did do the trick along with a polishing machine.

Thanks for all the suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by MB2 View Post
    He has safely removed the bid poo, the clearcoat has overheated under the bird poo hence he needs a hairdryer to restore it. But yes damp paper is a big help for softening up the poo to remove it.
    Don’t understand how the clear coat gets overheated. I must have missed that bit.

Some friends think I'm nuts, but this is exactly why I carry some quick detailer and a microfiber cloth in our cars.
    A good soak and some gentle dabbing, repeated, as soon as you spot it certainly helps!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    Don’t understand how the clear coat gets overheated. I must have missed that bit.
    https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/news/pa...ird-droppings/

Sent from my moto g(7) plus using Tapatalk