closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Seiko MM600. Now more " tooly "

Seiko MM600. Now more " tooly "

I damaged (yes I did) the diashield coating on the MM and despite my best efforts it never got any better,so as I'm not adverse to getting stuck in I decided to bare it back to Ti. No more shiny and I think it possibly looks better for it.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
    Last edited by blackie; 4th September 2023 at 16:54.

It looks ok but the brushed finish needs to be much more even. The main case does look odd with the standard finish to the bracelet.
    Last edited by j111dja; 4th September 2023 at 17:56.

Quote Originally Posted by j111dja View Post
    It looks ok but the brushed finish needs to be much more even. The main case does look odd with the standard finish to the bracelet.
    The bracelet was done a while ago but the case more recent so have noticed it's goes duller the longer time goes.
    Strange also that the pics make it look a lot more than it is in the flesh

Quote Originally Posted by blackie View Post
    The bracelet was done a while ago but the case more recent so have noticed it's goes duller the longer time goes.
    Diashield is an utter pain.

Diashield is an utter pain.
    Was a right ba5tard to get off. Amazing you can mark it but try actually wanting to take it off

it seems the bracelet looks shiner than the case....what did you use to polish it?

Quote Originally Posted by seikomatic View Post
    it seems the bracelet looks shiner than the case....what did you use to polish it?
    The main case has Diashield but it's been brushed by the owner. It has resulted in this unusual finish. The bracelet appears to have a standard type brushed finish?

Anyone know why Seiko moved to diashield with the SBDB011? Cost saving or improvement vs the SBDB001?
    Last edited by gunner; 5th September 2023 at 09:28.

Quote Originally Posted by gunner View Post
    Anyone know why Seiko moved to diashield with the SBDB011? Cost saving or improvement vs the SBDB001?
    It's the way Seiko have been going. Diashield is pointless but they spend money on it rather than QC. It's not an improvement IMHO.

Bremont uses a case hardening process on their watch cases. When it comes to servicing, they change the mid case. That's the problem of general wear sorted. It's simple but clever as the mid case change is included in their servicing costs.

What are Seiko going to do at servicing time as the Diashield cases can't be refinished to their factory finish.

Diashield is simply rubbish. The Diashield cases still pick up scratches and scuffs. I just wish that Seiko would scrap it.

I agree, doesn't seem to offer any benefit over the polished grade 5 ti finish on the SBDB001.

I quite like the brushed ti as long as it matches the bracelet.
    Last edited by gunner; 5th September 2023 at 10:46.

The main case has Diashield but it's been brushed by the owner. It has resulted in this unusual finish. The bracelet appears to have a standard type brushed finish?
    I'm convinced the case is a different type of Ti to the bracelet hence the colour. I can't put my finger on it, perhaps cheaper hidden behind the diashield but it's definitely a lighter metal slightly but exaggerated in the pics. Not as noticeable in the flesh.
    I've used various things to remove it but finished with garryflex blocks and other fine papers that cousins provide

It's the way Seiko have been going. Diashield is pointless but they spend money on it rather than QC. It's not an improvement IMHO.

Bremont uses a case hardening process on their watch cases. When it comes to servicing, they change the mid case. That's the problem of general wear sorted. It's simple but clever as the mid case change is included in their servicing costs.

What are Seiko going to do at servicing time as the Diashield cases can't be refinished to their factory finish.

Diashield is simply rubbish. The Diashield cases still pick up scratches and scuffs. I just wish that Seiko would scrap it.
    I agree. I dread to think what options are available at service time except a full new case, which then repeats the process everytime it marks.

I'm convinced the case is a different type of Ti to the bracelet hence the colour. I can't put my finger on it, perhaps cheaper hidden behind the diashield but it's definitely a lighter metal slightly but exaggerated in the pics. Not as noticeable in the flesh.
    I've used various things to remove it but finished with garryflex blocks and other fine papers that cousins provide
    Seiko definitely changed the ti for the case between the SBDB001 and the SBDB011, maybe they didn't change the bracelet as it wasn't getting the diashield treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by gunner View Post
    Seiko definitely changed the ti for the case between the SBDB001 and the SBDB011, maybe they didn't change the bracelet as it wasn't getting the diashield treatment.
    Quite possibly but I know that now I've done it it's going to get worn a lot more because I know I can make it back to the finish I have now

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk