closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: The Championship Fred 23/24

Maybe, and there could well be the odd upset. But with Southampton at home to Boro and Leeds, Leicester and Ipswich away to Watford, Bristol and Blackburn, there’s a good chance of making it two out of fourteen.

Leicester going through a bit of a Devon Loch moment

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Leicester going through a bit of a Devon Loch moment
    Looking grim…. I think we’ve blown it…

The Championship Fred 23/24

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Looking grim…. I think we’ve blown it…
    I wouldn’t say that just yet, Leicester are still potentially three points clear of Leeds if they win their game in hand and Southampton (in fourth) only three points behind Leeds if they win their two games.

With (almost) everybody rested after the international break, it really is still all to play for and the spoils will go to those who push hardest.

Still any two from four.

Ah, sorry, I didn’t realise that they’d already played and lost today. That still puts them nett level with Leeds though and they’re still second after all playing 38 games (except Southampton obviously).
    Last edited by Dave+63; 29th March 2024 at 16:22.

Master
    There's plenty of time for numerous twists yet and I'd take 18/24 points to the end of the season right now!

Well my prediction of all four top teams winning today is currently running at non out of two! I should be a professional pundit!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    Well my prediction of all four top teams winning today is currently running at non out of two! I should be a professional pundit!
    Boro are a half decent team…. One of the better teams I’ve seen this year…

Ipswich are up though

C’mon Watford!!!

Good day for Ipswich.

Ipswich and Leicester now in the driving seats.

Blog Entries
    Good day for Ipswich.

What Ipswich are achieving is remarkable….

I love and hate football forums…The meltdown on the LCFC forum is astonishing…. Highlighted by a 19 page thread calling for Enzo to be sacked…

Football forums only ever tell you how your team did in the previous match….

I’m cheesed off that we’ve allowed a 17 pt gap to 3rd drift though…. It’s all a bit gloomy

Southampton missed a hatful of simple chances and conceded an injury time equaliser. They've only themselves to blame as if they'd won they'd have been right back in contention after the other results. Now with matches running out they realistically need to focus on the play offs. Their one glimmer of hope is they still play Leicester, Leeds and Ipswich (all away!) but realistically they need snookers now.

Craftsman
    Good day for Ipswich.

Leicester have four points from the last six games and have surrendered 17 points since the new year.
    They're hardly in the driving seat.
    I read some stats about minutes played by our lot over the international break and it's no wonder we struggled last night.
    Plenty of twists to come in the remaining games.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Leeds View Post
    Leicester have four points from the last six games and have surrendered 17 points since the new year.
    They're hardly in the driving seat.
    I read some stats about minutes played by our lot over the international break and it's no wonder we struggled last night.
    Plenty of twists to come in the remaining games.
    True, Leicester are going through a terrible run at the moment but if they win the game in hand, they’re still top.

It’s certainly been a tough international break for Leeds so a draw is a good result really. Still disappointing though.

Master
    Odd selection from Farke to split up Rodin/Ampadu as we're clearly/statistically much weaker with Cooper and the game changed when he reverted. Leeds were under par but still probably Watford's best half of the season and their keeper made some great saves (whereas Blackburn's did not!).

I fear it's going to be very tight in 6 games ' time...

Quote Originally Posted by deepreddave View Post
    we're clearly/statistically much weaker with Cooper and the game changed when he reverted

While I don't disagree that our captain is sadly past his sell by date, I suspect that the real game changer last night was when Watford had to take Dennis off.

The international break certainly didn't do us any favours - Gruev and Gnonto probably both out for 3 weeks; no chance to train; having to play Firpo (who had a decent game, I thought) when he'd been playing on the other side of the world 2 days earlier; etc.

Master
    i put my mortgage on this; you sounded so convincing............

Master
    Good day for Ipswich.

nope; Leicester's form is gash at the moment and they aren't just losing against other promotion rivals. Bristol City are pretty much ion their holidays already. Possibly 1 of 3 clubs in the whole division with pretty much nothing to play for.

unbelievable turnaround from where they were 3 months ago and seemingly walking the title; let alone promotion.

Leicester also with a likely 10 point deduction and transfer ban too although I guess that will be next season.

Master
    the bottom of the division is still hilariously competitive with arguably 2 from 9 still to decide joining Rotherham going down.

Swansea are within reach of safety now on 47 and with 7 games to go having plenty of time to secure safety; but only 5 points separate the other 8.

only Stoke and my lot won on Friday; our winner from a recently converted CB to RB scoring one of the goals of the season from a 25yd volley on his weak foot. You couldn't make it up if you tried.

possible all change again after tomorrow's fixtures.

Southampton have the first of their 6 pointers away to Ipswich; will it be down to 2 from 3 after that?

Quote Originally Posted by westberks View Post
    i put my mortgage on this; you sounded so convincing............
    Oops!

Sorry.

Southampton have the first of their 6 pointers away to Ipswich; will it be down to 2 from 3 after that?
    Unless Southampton win, that is.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilipK View Post

While I don't disagree that our captain is sadly past his sell by date, I suspect that the real game changer last night was when Watford had to take Dennis off.
    100% that was the pivotal moment

Craftsman
    the bottom of the division is still hilariously competitive with arguably 2 from 9 still to decide joining Rotherham going down.

Swansea are within reach of safety now on 47 and with 7 games to go having plenty of time to secure safety; but only 5 points separate the other 8.

only Stoke and my lot won on Friday; our winner from a recently converted CB to RB scoring one of the goals of the season from a 25yd volley on his weak foot. You couldn't make it up if you tried.

possible all change again after tomorrow's fixtures.

Who are your'e three for relegation?
    Rotherham gone so two more.

Birmingham and Sheff Weds I reckon.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Birmingham and Sheff Weds I reckon.
    Could be.
    Even now I haven't got a clue.
    Brum sack Eustace for Rooney and could pay the price.

Master
    I really have no idea as it's a comedy of errors.

just hoping we aren't 1 of the 3, where a few months ago we were certainties. This new manager really has turned it around.

Sheff Wed were going well but have dropped off the past few weeks, Birmingham are dropping like a stone, Huddersfield are struggling; Plymouth dragged back in from nowhere despite having a great scoring record.

must be great viewing from the outside....... at one point Friday we were back in the bottom 3 and ended up 18th by full time.

Blog Entries
    Against a Nov/Dec Norwich team. We’ve been so much better than that since the start of the NY.

Good win and hope a good day had fella.

The one nice thing today is it heaps a bit on the scummers for their tea time game. Over to Agent Russ!!!!

OTBC

Pitch

Sunderland were about as bad as any team I’ve seen this season.

Southampton completely outclassing Ipswich, should be 3 ahead. So cue an Ipswich equaliser. Just like Saints vs Middlesbrough at the weekend.

Aaand there it is.

How on earth have Ipswich won that?!!? It was like a PL side playing a League 2 side for most of it but Southampton have the mental strength of a meerkat.

Master
    Fair play to Ipswich but they're seriously starting to annoy me! Must look at how many late goals they've scored.....

That’ll do nicely. Still more twists and turns I’m sure but I think that’s 3 from 2 now for the automatics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mappa View Post
    That’ll do nicely. Still more twists and turns I’m sure but I think that’s 3 from 2 now for the automatics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Definitely two from three now; let’s hope Leeds can get the three points tonight.

It will still be Ipswich and Leicester in the driving seat though, even if Leeds go second tonight.

Cracking game this and nowt between Leeds and Hull.

Wow! Wow! Wow!

Another calm, serene night in the life of a Leeds United fan...

We really did have a dreadful first half, and we're still in the worst position of the 3 into 2, but the Dan James goal was the icing on the cake.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilipK View Post
    Another calm, serene night in the life of a Leeds United fan...

We really did have a dreadful first half, and we're still in the worst position of the 3 into 2, but the Dan James goal was the icing on the cake.
    Frustrating that we are an absolute winning machine (okay.. with a couple of draws thrown in all year so far) and STILL can't get the rub.

What a crazy season!!

It's relentless from all the sides up there. Win.. win.. win.

Nail biting stuff for sure.

Master
    I think other than the Norwich fans and the other 3 of the 4, everyone else is hoping that Ipswich go up. Just being petty and seeing a non parachute club piss off the premier league and not read the script. have no affiliation or dislike of any of the 4 so no skin in the game as to who misses out.

Historically Ipswich are decent sized club and no Luton. The comical thing is that they just refuse to give in and keep saving games with ridiculous late goals; we've played them twice and they genuinely didn't seem that good, but just refuse to stop attacking.

we had a great win at Swansea and again, most of the other results weren't to bad for us either at the bottom; and reached our grail position of 16th. This year its still not safe though so a few more points would be nice.

we've only lost 3 in 13 now, so Sheff Weds on Saturday is bound to be a win for them

I think other than the Norwich fans and the other 3 of the 4, everyone else is hoping that Ipswich go up. Just being petty and seeing a non parachute club piss off the premier league and not read the script. have no affiliation or dislike of any of the 4 so no skin in the game as to who misses out.

Historically Ipswich are decent sized club and no Luton. The comical thing is that they just refuse to give in and keep saving games with ridiculous late goals; we've played them twice and they genuinely didn't seem that good, but just refuse to stop attacking.

we had a great win at Swansea and again, most of the other results weren't to bad for us either at the bottom; and reached our grail position of 16th. This year its still not safe though so a few more points would be nice.

we've only lost 3 in 13 now, so Sheff Weds on Saturday is bound to be a win for them
    I think you’re safe now, six point clear of the relegation zone with six to play is probably ok.

I also think the two below you on 45 are now safe too.

Master
    I think you’re safe now, six point clear of the relegation zone with six to play is probably ok.

I also think the two below you on 45 are now safe too.
    I'll be comfier when/if we get a few more points to be sure. Plymouth sacked their manager after 3 months in charge as a last attempt to stop the rot

We (Wednesday) are gone. Yesterday was just horrific. I felt worse walking out yesterday than I did at the 6-0 debacle to Ipswich 2 weeks ago. Hard to believe how Ipswich have progressed since we missed a sitter at 2-0 at their place in February last year and ended up 2-2. They’ve just become a winning machine and are currently 48 points better off than us. A team that came up with them last season. Unreal and fair play.

I’ll be down Saturday. One of my favourite grounds lotus road although the view on the upper is crap. Played there twice for school in the 80s at half time in our games so a mini claim to fame ha.

Last chance saloon for us and a reaction needed. One I don’t think will happen and will hammer the nails that little bit further.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by senwar View Post
    We (Wednesday) are gone. Yesterday was just horrific. I felt worse walking out yesterday than I did at the 6-0 debacle to Ipswich 2 weeks ago. Hard to believe how Ipswich have progressed since we missed a sitter at 2-0 at their place in February last year and ended up 2-2. They’ve just become a winning machine and are currently 48 points better off than us. A team that came up with them last season. Unreal and fair play.

I’ll be down Saturday. One of my favourite grounds lotus road although the view on the upper is crap. Played there twice for school in the 80s at half time in our games so a mini claim to fame ha.

Last chance saloon for us and a reaction needed. One I don’t think will happen and will hammer the nails that little bit further.
    you looked to be doing the same as us, but the past few weeks have fallen back.

lots of people like our dump of a ground; despite the appalling views.

If we had a few more points I'd wish you well on Saturday as have no grudge with your lot and there are others I'd prefer to see drop.

Master
    My side Coventry have a big say in the rest of the season with Leeds, Ipswich and Southampton to come. Will we be the team that deservedly beat Wolves, or the one that self-destructed last night with two own goals and an abject second half display against a bang average side. Without a deep squad and further fixture congestion from the FA Cup semi, I fear we will run out of steam, got Hull too who looked the better side for much of last night and are a decent team.

Blog Entries
    We’ve had a tidy run but looked very tired yesterday and can see us losing on Saturday to the scummers.

Based on our lack of quality over the season we do not deserve to in 6th, that’s just nuts. This team is nowhere near the the unit of the last two promotion squads and look how those two PL seasons went. I am hoping for a respectable 7th and see what the Yanks do over the summer,

Pitch

you looked to be doing the same as us, but the past few weeks have fallen back.

lots of people like our dump of a ground; despite the appalling views.

If we had a few more points I'd wish you well on Saturday as have no grudge with your lot and there are others I'd prefer to see drop.
    Cheers. I'm sure you'll be fine even if somehow charitable to us at the weekend. Fair play as well.

Must be honest, I can't call it but also wouldn't be surprised if its the current bottom 3. We've been in there since game 1 so can't complain :(

Master
    big game at the bottom tonight with Rotherham hosting Plymouth.

Rotherham have only lost 1 of last 3 and despite being dead men walking might just get a couple of results for the shits & giggles of it.

Plymouth need to put a stop to their rot asap and the new management team will have had all week to try and get them to defend a bit and remember where the goal is; prior to the manager leaving for Stoke in January I never pictured them being in trouble.

Craftsman
    As a Colchester Utd fan, struggling to stay in the EFL, I probably dont get to have much of a say in here.

Ipswich are just 10 miles down the road and a lot of my friends are supporters. Its been interesting watching how Ipswich have done so well, whilst Plymouth and Sheffield Wednesday have struggled.
    Pre-season, Ipswich were having their ground re-turfed, so they played a friendly against Luton at Col U. Ipswich thrashed Luton, to the point you wouldnt believe Luton were a prem side. Luton have got a lot better through the season.

I genuinely think it's Ipswich's to lose at this point. They are doing well and it seems luck is on their side too.

Quote Originally Posted by andyb28 View Post
    I genuinely think it's Ipswich's to lose at this point. They are doing well and it seems luck is on their side too.
    As it stands both Ipswich and Leicester have their destiny in their own hands and Leeds have to hope for a flip up from one of them.

It’s not beyond the realms of possibility that Leeds end up in the playoffs on 104 points.

Craftsman
    Well, that never went to plan.

Well, that never went to plan.
    The footballing gods are still in our favour. No points lost to Ipswich..I maintain we'll still finish above them. The boys looked tired today....momentum before international break has been truly lost. Let's hope it is temporary. Brutal season....46 games. Each and every team will be feeling the pace. MOT.

Sent from my SM-A346B using Tapatalk