closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Swatch x Blancpain

Master
    Sold prices on t'Bay in the £650 to £800 range, with Atlantic's getting top price so well worth a flip
    Last edited by J J Carter; 10th September 2023 at 10:32.

Craftsman
    Today in glasgow

Blue sold out first, then grey, then orange, then green with the last remaining the yellow

Still gutted I never got one but got a fun moonswatch instead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I checked two or three e-bay listings and all had Edinburgh sales receipts. I was up there a few weeks ago, but the good people didn’t strike me as the types who need to make fantastic from plastic. I thought they were all walking around with a Nautilus or an Aquanaut on the wrist. Some money in that city.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by andybaird22 View Post
    Today in glasgow

Blue sold out first, then grey, then orange, then green with the last remaining the yellow

Still gutted I never got one but got a fun moonswatch instead

I think that would be my order of preference too. Although actually it's only the blue and grey I'd consider.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob s View Post
    I think that would be my order of preference too. Although actually it's only the blue and grey I'd consider.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
    Yeah those were the two I was after

To be honest I stayed in the line thinking if I was gonna get one I might be tempted by the orange

Apart from the big group of 30 or so Chinese people that seemed to be part of an organised group I heard so many people in groups of two with one buying one to flip to pay for the other their partner was buying. So frustrating

On the flip side these wee guys stayed out overnight with their parents and had the watches straight on their wrist when exiting the shop with no intent to sell. Good on their parents for that

I queued out overnight in London (quite an experience to say the least!) and managed to get a Swatch Blancpain Atlantic. It was funny (or sad depending on what way you look at it) watching a gang of about ten or so ‘watch enthusiasts’ in front of me all dashing in and out of the store (much to the bemusement of the Swatch staff and security people) to pay for them all utilising exactly the same credit card. Anyway, the watch itself is nice (as long as you accept it for what it is) and I’m glad I got one but don’t think I could be arsed doing that again.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Kenney View Post
    Savvy business then, no?
    It is almost like they know what their doing, and their marketing experts are actually that & understand brand values. Who would have thought!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    >to pay for them all utilising exactly the same credit card<

Hope the true owner is refunded by the issuing bank!

Craftsman
    I’ll be honest here in that I had always turned my nose up at moonswatches

As I said I got one yesterday as a bit of a consolation prize as I couldn’t get the blancpain.

I really like the moonswatch. It kind of reminds me on why I got first into watches in the first place - a bit of fun rather than chasing more expensive watches as the years go by

Think I’m gonna try collect them all over the next year or two

Quote Originally Posted by J J Carter View Post
    >to pay for them all utilising exactly the same credit card<

Hope the true owner is refunded by the issuing bank!
    I’m sure he’ll be refunded from the profits he makes from eBay and elsewhere!

Quote Originally Posted by andybaird22 View Post
    I’ll be honest here in that I had always turned my nose up at moonswatches

As I said I got one yesterday as a bit of a consolation prize as I couldn’t get the blancpain.

I really like the moonswatch. It kind of reminds me on why I got first into watches in the first place - a bit of fun rather than chasing more expensive watches as the years go by

Think I’m gonna try collect them all over the next year or two

I initially really wanted a MoonSwatch, then lost interest over time as was never willing to pay above retail. It does make me think that when we visit the Swatch store next Month that is these new ones are unavailable, the new shiny Blancpain might mean I'll have a far more realistic chance of picking up the old novelty MoonSwatch.

Still not sure though, I've been really trying not to buy any more watches but on the rare occasion we go away somewhere it certaibly incresases likelihood of impulse buys.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetlee View Post
    I initially really wanted a MoonSwatch, then lost interest over time as was never willing to pay above retail. It does make me think that when we visit the Swatch store next Month that is these new ones are unavailable, the new shiny Blancpain might mean I'll have a far more realistic chance of picking up the old novelty MoonSwatch.

Still not sure though, I've been really trying not to buy any more watches but on the rare occasion we go away somewhere it certaibly incresases likelihood of impulse buys.
    In Glasgow they had everyone available apart from Neptune so pretty easy to get I’d say now

Master
    Looking on ebay at Sold listings and seems that the sales have dried up now since the weekend, so might not of been a great flip for some.

Quote Originally Posted by burton View Post
    Looking on ebay at Sold listings and seems that the sales have dried up now since the weekend, so might not of been a great flip for some.
    Could even say it was a flash in the Blancpain

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    Badda tishhhh

I do hope so and that gives people a chance to get one who do actually want one not just to flip straight away for profit. Of course we all do flip but to try it out first!

Very good!
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Still no wrist shots from buyers on here or is that so they can be described as unworn

Had a look at them in the Trafford Centre Pop Up Store last night.

No stock but the yellow Peli Case was out with all the examples in.

Blue and Grey looked quite nice. Green and Yellow just nasty imo. Orange more subtle than expected.

Security out in force, embarrassing as nobody there except me and a friend.

Most MoonSwatches in stock barring Neptune and Mercury.

£340 for a disposable plastic watch, count me out 🤷*♂️, but I quite like the look of the blue one 🤦🏻*♂️

Quote Originally Posted by petay993 View Post

Green and Yellow just nasty imo.
    To be fair, that’s the whole point. The nudibranch colours warn potential predators that they taste nasty!

Very good!

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Has anyone here managed to get one? Wanting to see some real pics (not edited on social media)

Seen they have stopped selling on eBay now! So hopefully when I’m in London later this month Il be able to pick one up

Quote Originally Posted by Broussard View Post
    To be fair, that’s the whole point. The nudibranch colours warn potential predators that they taste nasty!
    Good point, surely one of the only watch ranges intentionally coloured to be unappealing.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by strell View Post
    Has anyone here managed to get one? Wanting to see some real pics (not edited on social media)

Seen they have stopped selling on eBay now! So hopefully when I’m in London later this month Il be able to pick one up
    Is the hype dying down? I'd like one, but not willing to line up for it.

Quote Originally Posted by strell View Post

Just had a quick look on eBay sold listings, they seem to still be selling well enough between £500-£600(some people must surely have more money than sense), where there's a couple hundred super quick zero risk profit to be made I suspect the scalpers will still be out in force.

I was hoping to get one when I visit London next month but I think my initial excitement has died down now so won't be gutted if they are sold out.

Journeyman
    Just had a quick look on eBay sold listings, they seem to still be selling well enough between £500-£600(some people must surely have more money than sense), where there's a couple hundred super quick zero risk profit to be made I suspect the scalpers will still be out in force.

I was hoping to get one when I visit London next month but I think my initial excitement has died down now so won't be gutted if they are sold out.
    Annoying that after fees, the profit is so small, but they still consume all the watches that real end buyers want to buy...

Just had a quick look on eBay sold listings, they seem to still be selling well enough between £500-£600 (some people must surely have more money than sense) ...
    Completely sensible comment for a WIS on a watch forum.

Quote Originally Posted by LPC6 View Post
    Annoying that after fees, the profit is so small, but they still consume all the watches that real end buyers want to buy...
    It is annoying very true, but the profits are definitely not small for a youngster or someone not well off. £340 retail price, say £600 on ebay listed during a fortnightly 80% off fees deal is still a few hundred quid clear profit. Even £500 is a three figure profit. Not a bad return for a few hours queuing if you need the cash.

Master
    Had a look at them yesterday in the Oxford Street store. Surprised that I actually liked all of them, not sure I would pay the asking price though.

I was told next stock is due in tomorrow or Tuesday but people having been queuing from 6am.

Also had a look at the Moonswatches and also liked them. They had all to buy except Moon, Mercury and Neptune. Nearly bought a Jupiter but the contrast of the hands/dial didn’t look great.

They look totally hideous to my eye and ridiculously overpriced. Very few designs are strong enough to survive the journey to Swatch plastic/bio ceramic/modelling clay. The moon watch was one but the BP is not.

Master
    None at Battersea power station, these are more popular than I thought!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gaurav_tzuk View Post
    None at Battersea power station, these are more popular than I thought!
    Give it a month or so and you'll get one no problem.

There is a grey version of one of these on ebay for the bargain price of £1800. Apart from the blue version I didnt realise just how utterly horrible they look, these colours are straight out of a kids pencil case. Anyway, the blue version is on a price drop to £600 on ebay so grab a bargain.

Master
    Was in KaDeWe in Berlin this morning. All were there, all looked nasty in real life. Blue was about the only acceptable one, but felt horrible.

Couldn’t even be bothered to buy one to sell on, or left me that uninspired. Sitting in front of the Swatch concession in T1 and can’t be bothered to even look.

First time feeling the moon swatch too, and again very meh for me. Strap looked so thin, amazed it is 20mm.

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Was in KaDeWe in Berlin this morning. All were there, all looked nasty in real life. ...
    I've not visited Berlin, but that department store is a work of art! I'm surprised at your reaction to the SxB, I thought they looked more impressive than the MS from the photos (not seen one in person) and I was tempted (when the hype dies down).

Journeyman
    Was in KaDeWe in Berlin this morning. All were there,
    You mean available for sale or to see? I'm through Berlin next week and might make a detour if that's the case!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by LPC6 View Post
    You mean available for sale or to see? I'm through Berlin next week and might make a detour if that's the case!
    For sale from the brief conversation, I was there as it opened to see what food options they had for a very short window of breakfast timing.

Journeyman
    For sale from the brief conversation, I was there as it opened to see what food options they had for a very short window of breakfast timing.
    Sounds like it's worth a trip to swing by. Thanks for the heads up!

Master
    Some photos from London - currently sold out, but more deliveries coming soon and no queues and all on display.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by funkstar View Post
    Some photos from London - currently sold out, but more deliveries coming soon and no queues and all on display.

Jesus, I thought that the moonswatch was cheap garbage, these take it to another level! They look hideous.

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Saw them in the window of the Covent Garden store, my wife and son both liked them. I’d happily have one,

Quote Originally Posted by funkstar View Post

That looks absolutely atrocious. I'll wait to judge properly when I've seen them in the flesh but if those pics are a decent representation then sheesh!

Quote Originally Posted by tobywatches View Post
    That looks absolutely atrocious. I'll wait to judge properly when I've seen them in the flesh but if those pics are a decent representation then sheesh!
    That was my impression when I saw a few ebay photos of them. I think its best to see them for what they are, a Swatch watch and nothing more.

Maybe the speedmaster was a good idea as the speedmaster is around 5k (hardly cheap I know) But the Blancpain is touching 15k I cant really see some kid 20-25 thinking "You know what? I will just blow my savings for a mortgage on my first home I will buy a BP 50 fathoms because this plastic watch I have for £400 quid is just so cool.

Does anyone with limited funds really buy a genuine Speedmaster after having the Swatch?

I'm sure the hullabaloo around the MoonSwatch created interest in the Omega, but I can't imagine anyone after a £250 watch then went out and bought a £5k one because they liked the style of it.

I rather like the Pacific Scuba watch, but not for £300+ anymore than the MoonSwatch appeals at £250.

M

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

I've looked at the Moonswatch on 2 occasions, and just cannot justify getting one - i have an early 80's Speedy Pro, and whilst it would be fun to have a coloured one, they leave me a bit 'meh'.

I've always loved the Fifty Fathoms, but it's out of my price range for sure. When they announced the Blancpain / Swatch collab, I was keen to see what came out, but have been underwhelmed. If anything, it has got me looking at a Seiko Fifty Five Fathoms as a bit of a project, and get something to the specs I want. I'l be close to a Swatch store in a few weeks, so I may change my mind when I see one, but I doubt it...

I walked past the Swatch shop today (the one that had 300m+ queues on launch day) after lunch today. There were a couple of customer inside. No queue outside.

I bought the blue one.

TT

Had time to open it...

Tried a few straps. I suspect this isn't one to attempt anything too serious. Settled on this for now:

Other first impressions... it's a plastic watch. The bezel moves like a plastic bezel. The movement winds with an initially-alarming lack of precision (and backwards). But it all works and it has a 2 year guarantee, so it'll probably last longer than most will keep it for. The supplied NATO strap is made from quite nice material, but let down by the plastic hardware.

It's an accessible way into an automatic watch with an in-house movement and a little stardust. Or it's a cynical application of applying a big brand to a cheaply made watch.

Just like everything else then (minus the steel)

TT

I was surprised to find that the Swatch store in Amsterdam isn’t stocking these, just the MoonSwatch!

A bit snowy, some beat error, amplitude fine but the rate should be reasonable enough for most:

TT

Master
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the pictures TT - the blue case (and dial) look massively different depending on the lighting

It's a bit of fun and a step up from ICE watches (which my wife and son have both had in the past, his is going on at least 5 years so not bad). Lot of pointless gnashing of teeth in this thread.