closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: UEFA Champions League 2023/24

Arsenal look a shadow of the team they were last season. I don't understand how Havertz starts and Trossard doesn't. Why sign Smith-Rowe to another contract then give him the odd five minutes here and there? I certainly don't fear them this season.

Quote Originally Posted by NikGixer750 View Post
    Poor game, should not be losing to Lens. Still some stupid decisions, taking off Odegaard to bring on Nketiah was just stupid, lost all our creativity for someone who did not even touch the ball for 15 mins.

We do miss Martinelli, and now Saka. We needed to get than Man U striker, he looks a good player, same money as Havertz :-(

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Arsenal look a shadow of the team they were last season. I don't understand how Havertz starts and Trossard doesn't. Why sign Smith-Rowe to another contract then give him the odd five minutes here and there? I certainly don't fear them this season.
    Trossard started last night BTW. he was rubbish and missed a sitter, Haavertz was much better than him

Trossard is a much better player than Havertz, was not the best yesterday but is much better. Fully agree that ESR should be playing over Havertz, ESR is a huge talent and with some game time could be very good.

Go on Newcastle! Some game so far.
    Probably given it the kiss of death now

What's the point of PSG?

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Master
    Fair play to Newcastle and I hope they go really far and progress to next stages at the very least.

PSG utter shambles. Newcastle playing like Brazil. Shearer will need fresh pants!

Master
    Fantastic result and well deserved. Do like Eddie Howe.

Well done Newcastle. Some noise at St James'. Absolutely nobody will relish going there to play against them. Pubs will be doing a brisk trade in the city tonight!

Just got back to the car. The game and the atmosphere were incredible. Nobody will relish coming here but then we all knew that.

Just got back to the car. The game and the atmosphere were incredible. Nobody will relish coming here but then we all knew that.
    Great stuff David. That’s a brilliant result .
    You shouldn’t fear anyone .

City played within themselves tonight. Rico Lewis was sensational and I’m running out of superlatives for Alvarez.

Cheers Lee. I just heard Pep talking about the talent Lewis has - wow! He was excellent last week at our place.

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Great stuff David. That’s a brilliant result .
    You shouldn’t fear anyone .

City played within themselves tonight. Rico Lewis was sensational and I’m running out of superlatives for Alvarez.

Master
    Howay the Lads!

What a return to CL at SJP for Newcastle, brilliant result. Howe has created a great team spirit and unity, almost a complete contrast to PSG. Mbappe is such an immense talent but he epitomises everything that’s wrong at PSG. They deserve each other.

You're spot-on! Mbappe is the very reason Howe doesn't look to buy mega-stars even though we have the money to do it. He has a team that believes in his methods and will run through walls for each other. When you watch us live it's amazing to see the organisation and discipline right through the team. Our wide players do so much work back and forth and, when they can't get back, the midfield players move out to cover for them.

I need to mention Lacselles though. He's been here for years and has been a brilliant servant but most fans would agree that he's not a top-end PL CB. He hasn't played for around a year other than a few minutes here and there and I wouldn't have played him last night as I don't think he's good enough. I'd have moved Burn to left side CB and played Targett at LB. Shows what I know eh!

He's played three full games in a row and has been absolutely immense. Apart from a few sloppy passes last night and against Man City he's been brilliant. Could he be about to save us Ł80m on a new CB? I hope so because he deserves it after being so professional throughout his time here.

Quote Originally Posted by sevvy View Post
    What a return to CL at SJP for Newcastle, brilliant result. Howe has created a great team spirit and unity, almost a complete contrast to PSG. Mbappe is such an immense talent but he epitomises everything that’s wrong at PSG. They deserve each other.

Not Champions league but last nights away win for West Ham against Freiburg means they have just instigated a new record for any English side of 17 matches unbeaten in Europe, beating the previous record of 16 for Leeds in 1968 and Spurs in 1972.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

What a goal that was for Arsenal right on halftime. Fantastic assist from Jesus.

BTW what is Ben White thinking with that hairdo and fake tan? He looks like a Glaswegian granny just back from a week in Torremolinos.

oh harry maguire....

[IMG][/IMG]
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    BTW what is Ben White thinking with that hairdo and fake tan? He looks like a Glaswegian granny just back from a week in Torremolinos.
    - - - Updated - - -

Odegaard is the ghost of seasons past.

Seems like there's a lot going on with that lad

Gabriel Jesus came off with what appears to be a hamstring injury. Jude Bellingham also came off with a muscle injury for Real Madrid

Watching the Celtic game, have to say its pretty entertaining stuff this game could go either way.

Was just thinking how naďve Scottish teams can be in Europe especially when it comes to fouls (Giving away a penalty) Then they go and score an absolute screamer.

Good game so far but wonder if Celtic can keep this up for 90 minutes.

Cracking first half. Two very attacking teams. Can’t say Dortmund don’t deserve to have scored. They seem to be getting all kinds of space on Trippier’s side which is unusual.

Newcastle seem to be technically lacking tonight. Poor touches, misplaced passes. Appreciate the rain isn't helping but it's the same for both sides.

If they are to get through they need to probably win tonight as you have to assume it will be hard to get anything in Paris or Dortmund so a win tonight and against Milan gives them a good shot at qualifying.

Hilarious stuff.

A Madrid player goes down clutching his face playing for time so the ref adhering to the new rules calls for the medical staff to come on the pitch. Madrid manager goes mental because thats clearly not what he wanted so ref tells the Madrid player to leave the pitch for treatment causing them to go down to 9 men.

As predicted though, Celtic look absolutely out of energy. The amount of chances they have but their players just dont have the energy to meet the ball is incredible.

Totally disagree. The group is still wide open and anyone can qualify.

Newcastle seem to be technically lacking tonight. Poor touches, misplaced passes. Appreciate the rain isn't helping but it's the same for both sides.

If they are to get through they need to probably win tonight as you have to assume it will be hard to get anything in Paris or Dortmund so a win tonight and against Milan gives them a good shot at qualifying.

Totally disagree. The group is still wide open and anyone can qualify.
    Group still very much wide open but from what I saw of the game (Switched over for a bit during the Celtic game) Newcastle seemed off their game and Dortmund the better team.

I think not being at our best and being disappointed demonstrates how far we've come. Three games in and we've got four points. We'd have taken that before the first game. Dortmund were very good tonight and their experienced players really showed their....experience.

But all of our players showed up, put in a shift and played really well. I'm not disappointed, more realistic that we're a young team in the hardest group in the competition. Onwards and upwards.

Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    Group still very much wide open but from what I saw of the game (Switched over for a bit during the Celtic game) Newcastle seemed off their game and Dortmund the better team.

Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    Dortmund definitely slicker than the Toon tonight and one of the best sides we’ve faced at SJP for some time. A very well executed game plan.

We probably huffed and puffed enough to force a draw but Wilson a bit wasteful with his big chance and can’t do that at this level.

We’ll learn from this and qualification still well within our grasp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Feijenoord Rotterdam steam-rolled over Lazio Roma.

Watch Feijenoord’s striker (Mexican) Santiago Gimenez (‘Santi’ for his fans). He’s young but already has a mythical status in Rotterdam. Aided by his girlfriend, a Mexican actress with a lot of guts! She visited Ajax-Feijenoord (always a lot of trouble with hooligans) and she had a seat surrounded by hardcore hooligans of the ‘other party’.

Pics of that after the match sky-rocketed her into an absolute ‘hero-level’ in Rotterdam.

Santiago would do só well in the Premier League as a striker.

Olympiacos v West Ham in the Europa tonight.

Hopefully a good start.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

I hope your fans are OK, it can be a terrible place to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    Olympiacos v West Ham in the Europa tonight.

Hopefully a good start.

I hope your fans are OK, it can be a terrible place to go.
    Terrible all right - lost 2-1!

Moyes did put out a second string team to be fair although he had to bring on Antonio and Pacqueta when we were 2-0 down.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

I honestly don’t know how anyone thinks Antonio is a PL striker. Absolute mug.

Terrible all right - lost 2-1!

Moyes did put out a second string team to be fair although he had to bring on Antonio and Pacqueta when we were 2-0 down.

I honestly don’t know how anyone thinks Antonio is a PL striker. Absolute mug.

Well he's 4th in West Ham's all time top scorers. Perhaps that's why?
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Master
    Well he's 4th in West Ham's all time top scorers. Perhaps that's why?
    Whilst I agree that he is not the best on the eye, his work rate and hold up play is second to none and he is integral to the West Ham team without a shadow of doubt.

Good result for WHU last night. Battled it out and bit of quality from JWP nicked it for them. Shame he can't quite get it the England squad, as probably worth Hendo or Philips spot on current form/club involvement.

Quote Originally Posted by xxnick1975 View Post
    Good result for WHU last night. Battled it out and bit of quality from JWP nicked it for them. Shame he can't quite get it the England squad, as probably worth Hendo or Philips spot on current form/club involvement.

Top signing IMO. Thought we might go for him, in fact.

Mads just dropped out of the Eng squad injured, I wonder if he gets a call up, or Sterling.

Probably neither and they just leave it

Quote Originally Posted by xxnick1975 View Post

Good result.

JWP has been a great buy for us.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Great player and seems like a decent bloke also. Never seems to get injured or drop performance level.

Newcastle deserving of their lead. Isak missed an absolute sitter before his goal.

Man City look like they've just met for the 1st time before the match - should have had Dias sent off as well. I'd fancy them to turn it around though

Newcastle deserving of their lead. Isak missed an absolute sitter before his goal.

Man City look like they've just met for the 1st time before the match - should have had Dias sent off as well. I'd fancy them to turn it around though
    The most abject 45 minutes from Man City in a very long time. Not a single good performance out there. Rodri has made more bad passes in this half than all of last season.

Blog Entries
    Agreed. Very unusual sloppiness from several City players this evening.

z

Master
    Blog Entries
    I hope the barcodes can hang on shut them Frenchies up

Blog Entries
    City have hit 3rd gear now.

Never in doubt.

z

Deffo pen

Not a pen but Newcastle were giving the ball away constantly in the 2nd half and you can't say PSG didn't deserve it as they missed a hatful of chances.

Newcastle got the rub of the green against Arsenal so these things even out.

PSG were/are utterly dreadful, like watching a mid table team.