closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: TAG Heuer calibre TH20-00 in 44mm Carrera?

Apprentice

TAG Heuer calibre TH20-00 in 44mm Carrera?

Hi

Any Tag Heuer experts on here who can clear up some confusion for me?!

I've been looking at 44mm Carrera chronos with the in-house Heuer 02 movement. However, I've just come across one which appears to have the new TH20-00 calibre.
    I can't see anywhere (including TH's own site) that this movement is used in anything other than the new 39mm "Glass box" watches. The dial is identical to the original 02 calibre Carrera apart from the fact the "HEUER 02 80 HOURS" text is missing from it. Strangely, this is also how the face now appears on the TH website even though the watch is described as still having the 02 calibre.

Is it possible the watch is a pre-production prototype or something?

TIA

Chris

I've seen the answer raised in the Tag Heuer Forum, but the 44mm have the older style O2 calibre, whilst the newer 39 glassboxes have the TH20 - believe it's something to do with the rotor spinning. (could be completely wrong)

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by McBeardy View Post
    I've seen the answer raised in the Tag Heuer Forum, but the 44mm have the older style O2 calibre, whilst the newer 39 glassboxes have the TH20 - believe it's something to do with the rotor spinning. (could be completely wrong)
    Yes, but that's what's confusing about this particular watch: it's a 44mm Carrera but with the new TH20 movement NOT the 02. It's definitely the new movement as it looks different to the old one (and says TH20-00 on the rotor, of course!). That's why I'm wondering if it's a pre-production that's found itself in the wild somehow.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandiloquence View Post
    Thanks, but that still doesn't explain how a TH20 calibre could be inside a 44mm Carrera! The watches it lists with the TH20 are both 39mm Glass Box watches.