closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: The end of an era.

The end of an era.

My mother in law passed away on July 22 just gone at the age of 97.

She was born in 1926 a week or so after the late Queen, her husband served in the navy during WW2 and stayed on until 1952.

She told us many stories of her early years and marriage, a couple that stuck was that Bill her husband was a dray man for a while with a horse drawn trailer making deliveries and of her as a teenager being scared as she stood in the dark watching from Leicester as Coventry was bombed.

The likes of her really did see a lot of changes during her life time.

R.I.P

Master
    Apologies for the cliché but 97... cracking innings. I hope I get that many. Sorry for your loss, but that's some life.

So sorry to hear of your loss. Remember all the good times with her and the stories she's told you, such memories are precious.
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Sorry for your loss, she had a good long life. Indeed it is the end of an era.

My mother is 97 next March she uprooted herself from Mauritius at the age of 19 after getting married to my father and moved to Walsall West Midlands, I often said why did you come here I would have loved to have been a beach bum

Master
    Condolences on your loss. Many memories to reflect on in those years, how immeasurably life has altered in that span.

Master
    Sorry for your loss.

She lived through so much it is almost impossible for me to comprehend that she has witnessed over the decades. I could not even fathom seeing so much change and history first hand.

Blog Entries
    Sorry for your loss - as others have said, 97 is a good innings and she must have seen so many changes in her lifetime. RIP

On a related note, your MiL wasn't Doreen Mantle, or more widely known as Mrs Warboys, was she ? She passed recently, also aged 97.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-66456002

I’m sorry for your trouble OP.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by vagabond View Post
    Sorry for your loss - as others have said, 97 is a good innings and she must have seen so many changes in her lifetime. RIP

On a related note, your MiL wasn't Doreen Mantle, or more widely known as Mrs Warboys, was she ? She passed recently, also aged 97.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-66456002
    The sketch where they found her foot brilliant she was a favourite of mine.

My sincerest condolences.

Puts me in mind of my grandmother. She would have been about 105 now, although she died about twenty years ago. She had such fascinating tales to tell, especially of the war and her time as a Wren. She used to muse about writing her life story, and I certainly encouraged her to do so. Sadly, what she did tell me is now fading from my increasingly nubulous memory.

Different people. Different times.

Blog Entries
    Sorry for your loss. 97 is an incredible age. Just imagine the changes / evolution of society she has witnessed during her life.

I come to this because I went to my father's youngest brother last Monday. He passed away at the age of 88. He knew that he was at the end of his life and noted that he'd alway been the youngest - even passing away earlier than his brothers and sister! His children (my cousins) and I discussed what I've written above. All those changes.

A good innings and a life well lived. RIP

[I had an elderly neighbour, very close friend, whom I visited every week for 10+ years, similarly wonderful stories - in the services in Germany during WW2, breaking code in Bletchley, etc. Really miss our conversations. She also passed in her late 90s.]