closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: RWC 2023

Master
    NZ deserved to win that game for me.
    A missed penalty from doing so with a man down and really the only team trying to play rugby.
    Criminal how often SA kicked when in attacking positions.
    The two epic quarter finals will live long in the memory though.

The draw screwed the end of the competition, it was a good final but did not build to the crescendo to should have done, did many even watch the third place playoff

The best games were the quarters and the tournament was poor from there on, England and Argentina shouldn't have been in the semis, they both relied on arm wrestle rugby to survive and the game was poorer for it

South Africa worthy winners - played Ireland, Scotland, France, England and New Zealand

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Nonsense. Only Scotland can feel hard done to by the draw.

8 quarter finalists there on merit and then it's knock out rugby. 4 tight games, which either team could have won.

Semis, one tight one, one not. NZ comfortably beat the Pumas, but NZ can beat most teams like that to be fair (not tonight hahaha).

On to Aussie in '27......

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Master
    Nonsense - 4 semi finalists but only 2 there on merit.

Overall a great tournament, if you ignore last weekend’s hiatus.

A bit surprised that France managed to host the competition without it descending into chaos at some point - as far as I know anyway. Maybe there is hope for the Olympics after all.

Congratulations to SA - worthy winners overall and have that experience to just find a way to win. Must be regarded as one of the greatest teams now.

As for Wayne Barnes? Gobby Englishman wants to be centre of attention - who could possibly have predicted that? As much as I can’t stand the man I actually think he had a good tournament, but he did always seem to be in the way of the ball carrier last night.

6 Nations starts back in Paris - 2nd Feb…

Quote Originally Posted by xxnick1975 View Post
    Nonsense. Only Scotland can feel hard done to by the draw.

8 quarter finalists there on merit and then it's knock out rugby. 4 tight games, which either team could have won.

Semis, one tight one, one not. NZ comfortably beat the Pumas, but NZ can beat most teams like that to be fair (not tonight hahaha).

On to Aussie in '27......

Really

Top 5 countries all in the same side of the draw.

Japan and Italy both seeded despite not being the in the top ten nations 13th and 14th

The finalists were worthy, the semi finalists not so.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

That table shows that 7 of the top 8 in the quarters, with Wales subbing in for Scotland.

As I said Scotland can feel a bit hard done to, but a group of death is not a new thing exclusive to this WC.

Really enjoyed the tournament, despite the incredibly bad coverage from French TV

Also I think it's time that ITV had a clear out and got some new Pundits. Woodward is so out of touch with the current game, Wilkinson is just babbling, Fitzpatrick is so embarassingly one sided, Alphonsy just gives the standard media answer (probbly to secure her 'box tick' place)

Lets see some coaches (who arguably have a better overview of the game), some recent ex-players and please can we have some representation from both of the teams that are actually playing!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by johnboy9876 View Post
    Really enjoyed the tournament, despite the incredibly bad coverage from French TV

Also I think it's time that ITV had a clear out and got some new Pundits. Woodward is so out of touch with the current game, Wilkinson is just babbling, Fitzpatrick is so embarassingly one sided, Alphonsy just gives the standard media answer (probbly to secure her 'box tick' place)

Lets see some coaches (who arguably have a better overview of the game), some recent ex-players and please can we have some representation from both of the teams that are actually playing!
    The anchor was asking Wilkinson pre match how the kickers can convert such long penalties now compared to previous years.
    JW started babbling on about mental/emotional connections with the process of kicking as a reason.
    Nothing to do with physicality and drilling down into fine margins of technique then.
    I genuinely thought Woodward may be starting to lose his marbles.
    Didn't Bill Beaumont look really well though the hips weren't working so well when he had to walk a little for the presentation.