closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Efteling, Netherlands

Master

Efteling, Netherlands

Going to Efteling late August for a few days, anyone been and got any tips?

There are various Facebook groups with tips etc, but they are all frequented by the Mumsnet type posters, so be good to get an alternative take from I presume a very different audience on here.

Master
    No one been?

Blog Entries
    Oh yes many, many times!!! I have two kids who're totally addicted to these parks. In fact, both are grown-ups now. But when I suggest: "Lets go to the Efteling!" I'm sure they will be in the car before me. And tbh: I like it there as well!

I'll hit you with various tips and tricks.

There's a holiday village next to the park and a theme hotel. If you stay there, you'll be able to get into the park early (30 mins I think).

The trick is to do things 'off sync' from the main stream going into the park! When through the gates, walk up to the railroad X-ing and turn right, with the railroad on your right hand and follow the path. At the end are the two most popular attractions are built there: The Baron (a ride with a coal mining theme) and St. George fighting the Dragon (the ride looks old-fashioned: wood structure).

From there you can walk your way back.

The 'Ravelein' experience is nice: Medieval times, swords, fire, horses. Fact: the houses around the arena are the offices of the Efteling! There's a restaurant as well where you can eat in 'Medieval style' before the show (later during the evening). But there's limited seating on the benches of Ravelein and the restaurant. Book in advance.

Eating and drinking is not cheap (who would have thought that). But they don' mind when you eat your own sandwiches when sitting on the park benches. Don't eat your own on the terrace before the restaurants. Most food is a spruced-up version of fast food. One of the restaurants is also a train station (I mentioned the train tracks already).

If you are into fairytales: there's a Fairytales Forrest. You have to know your Hans Christian Andersen classics. Younger kids love it.

Just ask if you need more info.