closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Omega bond

Journeyman

Omega bond

Looking at purchasing one of these

Either the limited edition spectre 300 - (obviously used)

Or the no time to tie version

What are peoples opinions of both?

Which would be the “better buy” for one to hold longish term?

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Grand Master
    I wont give an opinion on which you must buy as that can only be yourself who decides.
    What I will ask is which do you gravitate towards & why.This might help you decide.
    Long term values!,who knows but leave that to one side as its not going to be a life changing sum I wouldnt think.

Omega bond

The NTTD is (imo) the best looking Seamaster that Omega have made.

I’d love one, but it’s a lot of coin but one day I’ll have one when the price is right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    I have both of these watches. If I could only own one it would be the NTTD.

Journeyman
    Thanks for the replies so far - this is a watch I plan to wear but also pass on at some point in the future - and possibly completely the wrong watch for doing this - I could be better buying a Rolex of some sort etc - but I do like these a lot - and wonder does the limited edition of the spectre help it in this regard - or is the limit so high that it is of little consequence

Master
    The Spectre sold out quickly and the price has nearly doubled since 2015. The NTTD is not limited. If value retention is your primary consideration then I'd suggest the Spectre.

Master
    The 2531.80 is nicer than either IMO. I've had a NTTD and a SM300 (not the Spectre but the same watch, different bezel) and moved both on. The basic SMP in its earlier thinner variations is best, followed by the current basic steel model. The rest is just tinsel.

Blog Entries
    The NTTD is a Special Edition rather than LE. However, I was told by my AD the NTTD will stop production with the release of the next Bond movie and considering its large markup I doubt they will sell in the numbers that the “standard” bond does.

I echo what others have said - if you are keeping long term then buy the one you prefer. If you know where to took you can get 15% to 20% off retail.

Love my NTTD

“ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

The Spectre SM300 is a much better looking watch IMO, plus the unique bezel makes it a bit more interesting over the standard SM300MC. I have the standard SM300MC and it’s all the watch someone would ever need.
    If my heart was set on a Bond watch it would be the Spectre but I would go standard SM300MC and throw it on a Bond NATO. (Which is how I wear it - not that I am fixated on Bond, I just prefer NATOs)

Journeyman
    Thank you for the replies - it’s something I want to buy that could be possibly handed down in 40 years time - which is why I was leaning towards the LE spectre - nttd is no doubt a stunning looking watch

Craftsman
    NTTD for me, though not considering anything beyond the face-value preference. Buy which you prefer.

Master
    NTTD on mesh is absolutely stunning, their best Seamaster by a long way IMO, in fact I’d go as far as to say Omega’s best watch to date (and I say that as an owner of four Omegas).

It’s overpriced though in my opinion, as all Omegas are these days sadly, so I don’t own one (yet).

Quote Originally Posted by MadeOfCheese View Post
    NTTD on mesh is absolutely stunning, their best Seamaster by a long way IMO, in fact I’d go as far as to say Omega’s best watch to date (and I say that as an owner of four Omegas).

It’s overpriced though in my opinion, as all Omegas are these days sadly, so I don’t own one (yet).
    I think all 'top end' watches are overpriced for what they are. No way on God's green earth should they cost what they do - but while ever people are prepared to pay the price asked....

Having said that, you're right, the NTTD on mesh is a truly stunning watch. I'd love one.
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.