closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Women's world Cup (footie) 2023

Quote Originally Posted by adrianw View Post
    Just looked on another forum, lots of people saying is the referees nam Gonzales
    Of course, how else but cheating could some forrins beat the Inglish Lionesses...it's hilarious, they got beat, some just can't, won't accept reality. it's 'thinking' like this helps the nonsense of football keep going.

ah Danstone, sees it.

anyway over now, time for a dip.
    Last edited by Passenger; 20th August 2023 at 13:22.

Master
    Sadly the lionesses left their roar in the changing room today. Outclassed by a much more efficient and skilled team. Some of their passing play was sublime.

Interesting that people are blaming the referee and with only a few minutes to go, she did reach for her pocket to book the Spanish number 18 for time wasting when she kicked the ball into the crowd but quickly realised the player was already on a yellow and changed her mind.

What an idiotic thing to say. Of course we criticise them just as we do anyone else. They didn’t turn up today. Tactics first half were wrong and allowed Spain to do whatever they wanted. Too many individuals were poor also; Bronze, Walsh and Stanway for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Danstone View Post
    Outplayed and lost, completely fairly, to the better team. England just didn’t turn up and didn’t deserve anything, slower and second to every ball. Of course, that’s not the narrative as we’re not allowed to criticise them.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianw View Post
    Just looked on another forum, lots of people saying is the referees name Gonzales
    You are not really one to admit a fair loss, are you?
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Quote Originally Posted by Danstone View Post
    Outplayed and lost, completely fairly, to the better team. England just didn’t turn up and didn’t deserve anything, slower and second to every ball. Of course, that’s not the narrative as we’re not allowed to criticise them.
    Yes and some poor decision making by the players at times. Ultimately the Spainish were too good, and were the best team in the tournament. They are deserving winners.

Would have helped if they hadn't kept passing to Spanish team. Definite improvement in second half but,oh dear, the passing was still terrible.

Ah well, only two years to next drubbing.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddelvirks View Post
    At least he hasn't blamed Russian interference yet.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by monogroover View Post
    At least he hasn't blamed Russian interference yet.
    Or Red Bull….

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    What an idiotic thing to say. Of course we criticise them just as we do anyone else. They didn’t turn up today. Tactics first half were wrong and allowed Spain to do whatever they wanted. Too many individuals were poor also; Bronze, Walsh and Stanway for example.
    I was referring to the official narrative from the BBC and others rather than on here. The BBC was all about how they had put their all into it and left it all on the pitch. They didn’t, the hype from the previous tournament had clearly got to them this time and they were nowhere near their best. In the car on my way to watch another womens game I had 5 Live on, the narrative on the radio was that it wasn’t the fault of the players at all, we need to learn from the Spanish and invest more money in the womens game to help this team catch up, despite England having invested more money in womens football over the last few years than any country in the history of the sport.

Quote Originally Posted by watchcollector1 View Post
    Yes and some poor decision making by the players at times. Ultimately the Spainish were too good, and were the best team in the tournament. They are deserving winners.
    Yes the best team won with spain being the better at keeping possesion and they had the most chances.
    However we did have chances as well but didnt finish them.

Shame for lucy bronze giving the ball away for the goal with her being so good for so long for england.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Playing three at the back was criminal, you could see in the first 15 minutes how the Spanish ran them ragged on both flanks and that was where the goal came from, Miss perfect manager got that that one totally wrong.

Blog Entries
    Nobody is perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Daddelvirks View Post
    I know nothing about football

Quote Originally Posted by hilly10 View Post
    Playing three at the back was criminal, you could see in the first 15 minutes how the Spanish ran them ragged on both flanks and that was where the goal came from, Miss perfect manager got that that one totally wrong.
    What on earth is your issue?

Calling for the team to be knighted is a step too far…

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    What on earth is your issue?
    Just pointing out where she went wrong, all the pundits have been lauding her this past week how she prides herself on getting things right tactically. Only saying

Am I not entitled to expressing my opinion.
    Last edited by hilly10; 20th August 2023 at 22:41.

Master
    I must admit to not seeing why there’s so much criticism of the England team?

They had a bad game, were outplayed and out thought, and the better team beat them. That’s sport though?

They’re reigning Euro champions, got to the World Cup final, and have continued to inspire people around the country and the world. My 9 year old daughter has shown zero interest in football up until now, but she interested now thanks to the efforts of this England team.

I’m certainly proud of what they’ve achieved, and I’m a rugby man, even if I’m disappointed they didn’t get over the line this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tooks View Post
    I must admit to not seeing why there’s so much criticism of the England team?

They had a bad game, were outplayed and out thought, and the better team beat them. That’s sport though?

They’re reigning Euro champions, got to the World Cup final, and have continued to inspire people around the country and the world. My 9 year old daughter has shown zero interest in football up until now, but she interested now thanks to the efforts of this England team.

I’m certainly proud of what they’ve achieved, and I’m a rugby man, even if I’m disappointed they didn’t get over the line this time.
    A perfect summary of events IMHO; they didn’t play particularly well throughout the tournament but still got to the final, where Spain were better on the day.

It was an enjoyable game to watch and a step up in quality of football, even from the Euros.

Quote Originally Posted by hilly10 View Post
    Just pointing out where she went wrong, all the pundits have been lauding her this past week how she prides herself on getting things right tactically. Only saying

Am I not entitled to expressing my opinion.
    Seemed to be a somewhat childish response, that's all - perhaps we were just beaten by the better side. As for our manager, I suggest you review her record in major competitions.

By the way, Spain are also U17 and U20 world champions. They're going to dominate women's football at international level for some time to come!
    Last edited by learningtofly; 21st August 2023 at 08:08.

Master
    Poor old Willie - cursed for not attending and if he had he’d be criticised for leaving a massive carbon footprint. Can’t win.

Blog Entries
    Interesting game although the quality of the BBC commentary was absolute crap! Spain were the better team on the day and deserved their win in spite of their ‘Olympic standard’ diving and time-wasting towards the end, although I suspect we would have done similar! All in all, a very good effort from our team, I take the view that no crap team makes it to a World Cup final so I am hopeful for their future progress!