closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is this too small for my wrist?

Is this too small for my wrist?

Apologies in advance for a topic title that is usually seen stinking out the Public forum on Watchuseek but I'd appreciate the feedback from the somewhat less excitable crowd here. Feel free to be candid as I've not bought the watch yet and won't be offended.

38mm Aqua Terra 'shades'. I'm a big fat bald bloke with 8.25 inch wrists and a 38mm watch of this style really shouldn't work but it felt OK on the wrist.

Looks good to me. I imagine it would wear a bit too small on a strap, but on that bracelet I think it works well.

With the dial size it probably wears like a 40mm dive watch with a wider bezel and as previous poster said the metal strap end links bulk it out.

Craftsman
    Na for me it looks too small maybe try the 41mm

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As a fat, balding and old bloke who wears watches as small as 37mm, I'd say go for it - a few decades ago 34mm was considered plenty.

Deflating though it is, it's possibly worth bearing in mind that as aging, overweight males we are just about as invisible as it's humanly possible to be: no sane person gives an airborne-fornication what the likes of us wears, so wear what you enjoy - it's a great looking watch.

Master
    Looks fine to me, but personally I'd remove the plastic tab.

Craftsman
    No

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

That's an awful pic for us to judge Ryan. Not even a few angles to compare. I'd say possibly too small yeah.

You and I share the same wrist size, that looks just fine.
    I'll even go down to 36mm
    \/ \/
    Last edited by number2; 15th July 2023 at 21:38.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Borderline size-wise IMO based on that photo. I’m surprised it doesn’t look smaller, but maybe your wrist is more deep than wide.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Apologies in advance for a topic title that is usually seen stinking out the Public forum on Watchuseek but I'd appreciate the feedback from the somewhat less excitable crowd here. Feel free to be candid as I've not bought the watch yet and won't be offended.

38mm Aqua Terra 'shades'. I'm a big fat bald bloke with 8.25 inch wrists and a 38mm watch of this style really shouldn't work but it felt OK on the wrist.
    Does it matter, as it will probably be on SC either next week or the week after :-)

Journeyman
    Looks a tad small to me. Bit dainty, unless that's the look you're going for!

Looks good to me, a nice change from larger watches. When you want/ fancy something more discreet !

Master
    Blog Entries
    Looks fine to me.

Looks fine to me.

Looks fine and being on the dressy side it is allowed to be on the smaller side but try looking at it on wrist in a mirror.

End of the day, you will know if it's too small for you so trust your instincts. I thought the 42mm Exp2 would be too big for my 18cm wrists until I tried it on.

Master
    Looks good.

I think the Aqua Terra works best in 38mm.

You could probably get away with either the 38 or the 41mm - probably best to try them both in if you can?

I compared the old versions at an AD years ago. They both looked fine but I felt more comfortable wearing the 38.

Thanks gents

This latest model is available only in 38mm as the largest size. Best get saving then!

Craftsman
    They are definitely up there with the Rolex Datejust

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d say too small but could just be that photo - hard to tell really.

Master
    As my girlfriends say "Size doesn't matter!" Enjoy! I do! :)

Master
    I’d say just right, if a little big (based on my own preferences!)

Craftsman
    How big?
    How fat?

Thanks gents

This latest model is available only in 38mm as the largest size. Best get saving then!
    I'm sure you've considered this but how about an OP41? No date but similar aesthetics. The silver dial with gold hands and markers is gorgeous and wears large.

Master
    I do like the look of these. Is the green one fairly pale?

Size wise looks fine

Going purely on my impression, (that being watches on wrists to me at least! always appear larger in photos than they actually are!). I would say too small.

At the end of the day though?,,, you are the one who would wear it and pay for it....(then no doubt flip it!).
    Last edited by valleywatch; 16th July 2023 at 08:55. Reason: spelling!

Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    I'm sure you've considered this but how about an OP41? No date but similar aesthetics. The silver dial with gold hands and markers is gorgeous and wears large.
    IMHO in the metal the new version of the Aqua Terra (this specific model) blows the OP out of the water. I really love the bracelet and the polished case, plus the dial is lovely.

Grand Master
    Of course its not too small.

It's fine but get the red one!

Nice looking watch. Nice size. It’s just a shame about the ungainly date window hanging almost mid-dial at six o’clock. I don’t like six o’clock date wheels, but especially dislike the position of this one.

Looks fine there's all that shine.

Master
    Tricky one… I have the old 38.5mm AT quartz and have often thought it’s the best sized, best proportioned watch I own. However, I have wrists like chopsticks, so on that basis, it might well be on the small size. Then again, the older AT is a more rugged watch with a chunky and modern feel, while this incarnation is a bit dressier and more Datejust-like, so that might change things.

A final thought though - I have a principle (based on experience) that if you’re trying on clothes and you look in the mirror and think, ‘Hmmmm does that look good?’, then that’s exactly what you’re going to think every single time you put it on, it will never change. Buy things when you think, ‘Yes, that’s the one!’

Master
    Just my opinion Ryan but I think it’s too small. I’m probably biased as I prefer slightly larger watches.

Thing is if you think you can wear it for the 3 1/2 hours before putting it on SC, that’s all that’s matters

There is not such thing as a watch that is too small IMO.
    It’s a nice watch but I would grow more arm hair if I were you…

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Big dial slim bezel always makes watches look visually larger, but it's on the edge of too small imo.
    You could wear it and get used to the size, and it's not remarkably too small but it's borderline.

That said, if youre thinking "is it?" now, youre likely to have it for all of 5 minutes before its on SC at a significant loss.

Craftsman
    My initial view is that it’s too small. I appreciate its all personal choice, but my wrist is a lot smaller and I don’t like going below 38mm as it feels too small for me.

Blog Entries
    Looks ok. What is the crystal diameter compared to other crystal diameter watches you like to wear? The case shape is good
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Just by posting this thread means you obviously feel its to small... I'd look for something else.

No way does that look too small, in fact if it were any bigger I'd say it would be a bit too big for that style of watch!

It's all personal preference anyway, so as you knew from the outset you've now got a lot of different views from other people whose outlook is ultimately irrelevant to your decision. If you like it, buy it - that's all it comes down to ...

Master
    I think it looks spot on. I've smaller wrists and my sweet spot is 36-38 but I wear bigger watches knowing they're a little larger than ideal, my point being it's ultimately entirely subjective but many of us are wearing watches that are too big. That said, I expect this is too small for you to be a keeper (>7 days) .

Craftsman
    I think it looks good. However, the fact that you’ve asked means you’re not happy with it. And that’s the most important criteria - you know what’s right for you.

Master
    Far too small IMHO. However, what does it matter what a bunch of strangers think? If you like it that's all that matters.

I don’t have big wrists but I do have a 41mm AT and I would prefer the 39mm based solely on the proportions of the watch.

Edit oops I mean on the flat link bracelet not sure about yours.

Last edited by Linocut; 16th July 2023 at 18:22.

looks a perfect size to me. i've been re-watching the sopranos and 285lb james gandolfini wears what im pretty sure is a 36mm gold rolex in every scene, it never looks 'too small' on him.
    Last edited by robinsongreen68; 16th July 2023 at 18:31.

Craftsman

It looks balanced for your wrist size, but it also depends on where you’’ll wear it. I don’t mind wearing watches that look small on my wrist for dressier, formal and office wear. And don’t mind wearing watches that look big on my wrist for casual and weekend occasions. I don’’t think I’’d go the other way around though.

Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    airborne-fornication
    Genuine lol, not heard that one before.
    😂

Master

I am a BIG bloke with an 8 inch wrist and I sometimes wear a Westend Stowa Prima which is only 32mm x 16mm lug, so if you think that yours is far to small then mine must look ridic, but I don't care what people think, neither should you, just enjoy it.....

Cheers all.

I'll wait for the red one and get that. Gives me a bit of time to shed some timber as well

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ddm27 View Post
    I’d say just right, if a little big (based on my own preferences!)

I tend to agree.