closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Battle of the Legends: CWC G10 Vs. CWC G10 Fatboy-80

Battle of the Legends: CWC G10 Vs. CWC G10 Fatboy-80

Not my description - the thread title is a copy and paste of the title of CWC's latest blog.

https://www.cwcwatch.com/blogs/news/...-g10-fatboy-80

I'm not sure there are going to be any revelations for most people who read this board, but well worth a look at this article if you haven't seen it!

Enjoyed reading that - thank you for sharing!

I notice this statement about the case shape of the new quartz design.

However, a pivotal decision led to the adoption of a more rounded case for the actual watch that was issued later. Ray Mellor, the founder and a key figure in the development process, proposed a different case shape, believing it to be more suitable for the quartz design. The change was embraced and thus began the legend of the G10 in its new form. This decision would shape the future of the G10 series.

I had understood from something I read elsewhere that the case shape was changed from tonneau to round because CWC's manufacturer had said on initially quoting for the job that a round case could be produced a bit cheaper. According to that version of the story, offered the option of doing that the MoD were quite happy, again because the watch didn't have to be exactly what the DefStan stipulated. I've just checked the excellent 'CWC Addict' website - https://cwcaddict.com/general-service-quartz - thinking that that would have been where I'd come across this slightly different account, but I see that the CWC version of events is also given there. At the end of the day, CWC themselves should know what actually happened so I suppose it must be right. I confess though that the reason for the change being to save some cash rather than being an aesthetic choice had the ring of truth to it in my mind!

Quote Originally Posted by TF23 View Post
    I confess though that the reason for the change being to save some cash rather than being an aesthetic choice had the ring of truth to it in my mind!
    It certainly sounds like the way a supplier to a large organisation would work.

Some good photos and information in that article

Master
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for posting that,though I take anything said by Silvermans with a pinch of salt.