closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Springbar help please

Springbar help please

I have bought a marathon watch that needs some springbars. I have measured between the drilled lugs and it is 18mm. I have purchased some 18mm springbars from eBay but they just flop around in the watch, I guess be cause they don’t have a shoulder? Is this right? What search term should I pop into eBay to get the right items?
    Thanks for your help,
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by tommyboy View Post
    I have bought a marathon watch that needs some springbars. I have measured between the drilled lugs and it is 18mm. I have purchased some 18mm springbars from eBay but they just flop around in the watch, I guess be cause they don’t have a shoulder? Is this right? What search term should I pop into eBay to get the right items?
    Thanks for your help,
    Tom
    Are the lugs drilled? If not, then you'll want flanged spring bars/springbars with shoulders so that you can remove them. If the lugs are drilled, then you can and arguably should get shoulderless.

The 'flop around' part may be because they're too thin for the size of the holes.

If you provide the exact model of Marathon you have, someone may be able to advise which springbar size and type works best.

Perhaps a dodgy ebay seller? I can't think what else you'd look for other than 18mm spring bars. Double check your measurement on the lugs of course (and if you have the model number the lug width info is probably online).

Master
    Blog Entries
    I seem to remember buying only good quality ones for my Mararathon the ebay ones may not fit the bill.

Heres what you want.

https://www.guruwatches.co.uk/produc...ss-spring-bars

Made with quality 316L stainless steel in Switzerland to ensure your watch’s strap stays perfectly secure.
    Designed for watches with pierced/drilled lug holes, such as Marathon’s Military watches.
    Corrosion resistant, high strength, and easy to install.
    Available in 18mm, 20mm and 22mm lug sizes.
    Swiss Made Quality
    NOTE: Do not use on the wrist watches that do not have drilled lugs

Quote Originally Posted by hughtrimble View Post
    Are the lugs drilled? If not, then you'll want flanged spring bars/springbars with shoulders so that you can remove them. If the lugs are drilled, then you can and arguably should get shoulderless.

The 'flop around' part may be because they're too thin for the size of the holes.

If you provide the exact model of Marathon you have, someone may be able to advise which springbar size and type works best.
    Hi,

It’s the medium SAR - https://www.watchpilot.com/products/...steel-ww194027

Quote Originally Posted by bwest76 View Post
    I seem to remember buying only good quality ones for my Mararathon the ebay ones may not fit the bill.

Heres what you want.

https://www.guruwatches.co.uk/produc...ss-spring-bars

Made with quality 316L stainless steel in Switzerland to ensure your watch’s strap stays perfectly secure.
    Designed for watches with pierced/drilled lug holes, such as Marathon’s Military watches.
    Corrosion resistant, high strength, and easy to install.
    Available in 18mm, 20mm and 22mm lug sizes.
    Swiss Made Quality
    NOTE: Do not use on the wrist watches that do not have drilled lugs
    Haha thanks for the warning, I probably wouldn’t have thought of that!
    I will order a pair now and see how they fit.

The Marathon SAR series need shoulderless bars to best match the drilled lugs, I have just measured the bars in all my SARS and they are 0.8mm in diameter at the end.