closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Omega Moonwatch bracelets

Omega Moonwatch bracelets

Morning and Happy Friday!

I recently bought a Moonwatch from the forum that came sans bracelet. I like it on a strap (especially in Summer) but I feel I will add a bracelet at some point.

What is the compatibility that I should look for from a bracelet and end link point of view?

My Speedy is from around 2000, i.e. not the most modern case. But were the non-modern cases universal, i.e. could I slap on a vintage 1970s 1171 bracelet?

Master
    The case shape remained pretty static from the 60s onwards so an 1171 should fit a 3570, often though the 633 end links on those need a little fettling even when new, they are hollow so can be adjusted pretty easily though. I have seen 1171s that just fit, and others straight out the packet that need some gentle persuasion. A 70s 1171 will probably be a bit tired and rattly but the upside is that it probably wont need too much work to make fit as there will be slack.

Another option worth considering is one of the various designs that Uncle Seiko and Forstner offer. Those are pretty similar quality to the Omega originals (that is to say good but not great) but rather cheaper. They even do a 1171 repro I seem to recall along with many other classic designs.

Thanks Padders: I actually ended up buying a Forstner which has the retro edge but now, of course, I want the original Omega ha.

Master
    In my experience vintage 1171 and the modern version 1171/1 are utter junk. They were a real low point in Speedmaster bracelets. The prices being asked for vintage 1171s is beyond a joke also.

This may help you…

http://www.omega-addict.com/reviews/bracelets/

Looks like you need a 1498.

I really like the modern versions bracelet whatever number it called, I brought it to put on my previous big box model and it’s definitely a upgrade

Master
    I'd also go for the current Speedmaster bracelet. I never liked the original that came on my 3570. The current one is a much nicer design for the watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Padders View Post
    Another option worth considering is one of the various designs that Uncle Seiko and Forstner offer. Those are pretty similar quality to the Omega originals (that is to say good but not great) but rather cheaper. They even do a 1171 repro I seem to recall along with many other classic designs.
    I sold my Omega 1171/1 on purchasing the Uncle Seiko 1171. The latter was clearly superior.
    David
    Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations

The Forstener flat link is a super job. Looks period correct.

I really like my Uncle Seiko BOR bracelet on my Speedmaster.

I've never been a big fan of the OE bracelet on the Speedmaster of the late 90s (mine came on leather and is currently on the US bracelet).

Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?