closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Any advice to secure a tenancy for 18 yo Ukrainian.

Master
    Blog Entries

Any advice to secure a tenancy for 18 yo Ukrainian.

So 18 yo young Ukrainian wants to move to Liverpool city centre to find work. She is being funded independently by the Welsh Assembly Government at £1800.00 pcm which nets her £1280.00 pcm after tax. I was told by one letting agent that her parent’s can’t act as guarantor because they aren’t in the UK, and this agent couldn’t get their head around the fact that the income isn’t a ‘benefit’.
    To this point we are in a position that this young lady can now offer 1 months deposit and 3 months advance rent supported by a direct debit for monthly payments from the end of month one. I have been told that landlords have been asking for 6 months advance rent but I’m unsure if we can stretch to that.
    She has a very good CV for an 18 yo because she has undertaken casual work in bars cafes etc whilst a student so hopefully she can secure work pretty quickly in the hospitality industry.
    Any advice please on what we need to offer to secure a tenancy without a guarantor before I start contacting agents?
    We have secured temporary accomodation locally until mid September before she moves (hopefully) to Liverpool.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Any landlords or letting agents here?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Many thanks, message sent

I'm not really in the know about what you are talking about, but as an aside, £500 pcm tax on that level of income seems way too high

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk
    Last edited by xxnick1975; 2nd July 2023 at 16:21.

Craftsman
    I have to agree with the above, on her earnings, with a single Person's allowance, her deductions should be +/- £151 tax and +/- £90 NI, so roughly half.

My eldest and her boyfriend live on a canal boat mooring in, and around, Liverpool. Both have secondary jobs in the hospitality industry in Liverpool: DJ ing, playing and promoting acts and events. I would suggest getting a job should be straightforward, but if she is struggling, let me know and I'll pass on my daughter's number.

Has she considered a 'rent a room' type rental, living with a family?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by xxnick1975 View Post
    I'm not really in the know about what you are talking about, but as an aside, £500 pcm tax on that level of income seems way too high

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk
    Sorry yes, it must be £1600.00 gross

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NickD View Post
    I have to agree with the above, on her earnings, with a single Person's allowance, her deductions should be +/- £151 tax and +/- £90 NI, so roughly half.

My eldest and her boyfriend live on a canal boat mooring in, and around, Liverpool. Both have secondary jobs in the hospitality industry in Liverpool: DJ ing, playing and promoting acts and events. I would suggest getting a job should be straightforward, but if she is struggling, let me know and I'll pass on my daughter's number.

Has she considered a 'rent a room' type rental, living with a family?
    Many thanks Nick, yep the gross is probably £1600.00 - she has a good CV for someone her age so fingers crossed, but I might take you up on your kind offer if she struggles. She has spent the last 12+ months in old 1970s student accommodation which meant small room and shared showers/kitchen so she is ideally looking for a studio in the city centre so she can walk to work etc but she has come round to the more sensible compromise of en-suite room with shared kitchen laundry. Thanks again