closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Clubhouse AV setup

Master

Clubhouse AV setup

Morning everyone

I've been asked to review our sport club AV setup. I've covered requirements below however I'm trying to understand if a setup could accommodate both live music (karaoke/band) and Freeview TV output. Want to ensure any live music doesn't blow speakers

This will mean less reconfiguration of the space and simplify the setup greatly.

Specification
    Freeview receiver
    Split output to X2 screens
    Stereo amp
    XLR line in for MIC , 3.5mm line in
    Passive column speakers x4 or ceiling speakers

Appreciate any advice as my experience is much less on live music side of things

Lippy

I am sure others will be along soon, if you are going for live music then you'll most likely need a mixer. Always spec more channels than you think you will ever need as they tend to get used up quite quickly with things like
    i) A computer input
    ii) A line-in ready for someone phone to play that soneg everyone else just needs to hear
    iii) At least 4 mics
    iv) Another input for perhaps a keyboard
    v) A few more for other things like a digital drum kit

Then make sure you can have other outputs aswell so you can split it off to streaming if you ever want too.

We have an Allen and Heath Qu-16 mixer which is superb, fully digital, can be controlled from an iPad and can send audio out via USB for live streaming via OBS etc.

If you are on a real small budget while some have only bad things to say about Behringer equipment but from the 6-8 of their mixers I have used I have always found them to be capable enough and our little home studio is run through a 10y old cheap analogue one.

People that know what they're talking about (i.e. not me) are going to want to know what your budget is?

Were it me, I'd be looking at active monitors for the front end - i.e. speakers with the amps built-in, as you can pre-set the gain to levels that a) won't kill the speaker, and b) are legal for whatever licenses your venue has. Better quality monitors also have automatic protection circuits built-in to prevent hamfisted wannabe stadium superstars and people that can't tell a red wire from a black wire from melting-down the voicecoils...

FWIW, chinesium pimps like Behringer are fine. Reality is that all cheap electronics have little or no QA. Customer = QA inspector. Which is why it's better to pay a little bit more and buy from a seller with a good rep for customer support...

One specific I do know something about: wiring - rather than the nastyass-but-temptingly-cheap black bootlaces on ebay, I'd use Van Damme Tour Grade stuff: they'll actually make what you need to order, and for the quality they're a bargain and will last decades: https://www.vdctrading.com/

Master
    Thanks for the responses.

Budget is a modest 2k. The space isn't large probably 5 x 5 metres hence wanting to have a multi purpose setup.

There is space for an AV cabinet and can surface connections for inputs and outputs quite easily.

Setup for television broadcast would be pretty straightforward it's just the implication of tying in a live setup with regard to type of speakers and amplification which I'm lost on at the moment

I have an HDMI splitter if you want to DM your address, I will pop in the post. It split Sky from downstairs and powered (has a 3 pin plug) over HDMI to our bedroom. Smart TVs and cancelled Sky means I've no need for it! You can save it from the bitsa drawer!

Hopefully photos work but may save you a little bit, if required.

I destroyed the hdmi leads when removing unfortunately!

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Paddy!; 2nd July 2023 at 08:21.