closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New Seiko retro reissue - SRPK17

Craftsman

New Seiko retro reissue - SRPK17

For Seiko retro fans - I rather like it!
    Limited edition (for the moment?) and not a bad price.

https://www.seikowatches.com/uk-en/p...5sports/srpk17

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman

Master
    It looks great. It's good to see a real pic of one. I'm glad they used the original Seiko 5 logo instead of that stupid S logo that they all have these days.
    Where did you get yours from?

I had one on order from D.C. Leake but they have refunded as they are no longer getting stock. The Mad Watch Collector has posted a review, worth a look.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Mine is inbound from DC Leake

I have one incoming too.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Mine is inbound from DC Leake
    Maybe they have an amount of stock, just not enough to fulfil my order, extract from the email they sent me below.

Thank you for your recent order for the Seiko 5 Sports Limited Edition 55th Anniversary Watch. We have just been informed that we are not getting the stock for this watch. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Quote Originally Posted by Quality Man View Post
    Maybe they have an amount of stock, just not enough to fulfil my order, extract from the email they sent me below.

Thank you for your recent order for the Seiko 5 Sports Limited Edition 55th Anniversary Watch. We have just been informed that we are not getting the stock for this watch. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Interestingly it says it is coming from Watcho even though I ordered from DC Leake so I assume they are the same company?

Suspect DC Leake sold out as they were offering 10% off

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by estoban7 View Post
    It looks great. It's good to see a real pic of one. I'm glad they used the original Seiko 5 logo instead of that stupid S logo that they all have these days.
    Where did you get yours from?
    Apologies - it's not mine. I just found a review whilst searching/looking at stuff related to our favourite hobby and thought it might be of interest to others.

Interestingly it says it is coming from Watcho even though I ordered from DC Leake so I assume they are the same company?

Suspect DC Leake sold out as they were offering 10% off
    Yes looks like they are the same company.

It looks fantastic, but two pertinent questions would be:

1. Does the clasp have more than 2 micro holes adjustment?

2. Will you be able to fit any other strap?

The bracelet looks similar to the one on the Recraft UFO with push button clasp and only 2 holes, and I can't get a fit.

The case and the lugs also look similar and I've tried to fit other straps, but it won't take anything except the thinnest of materials.

I'll wait for the reviews but it's definitely on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    It looks fantastic, but two pertinent questions would be:

1. Does the clasp have more than 2 micro holes adjustment?

2. Will you be able to fit any other strap?

The bracelet looks similar to the one on the Recraft UFO with push button clasp and only 2 holes, and I can't get a fit.

The case and the lugs also look similar and I've tried to fit other straps, but it won't take anything except the thinnest of materials.

I'll wait for the reviews but it's definitely on the list.

Mine arrived today so I can answer your questions

1. No, just 1 extra hole but links are pretty small (more like a bracelet of half-links) so it should be easy enough to get a proper fit

2. Looks like standard endpiece fitting with drilled lugs so again that should be simple HOWEVER strap thickness will be an issue (for example both my tropics are too thick at the end to fit under the case) so it may be a case of using Natos or finding a thin strap

Mine arrived today so I can answer your questions

1. No, just 1 extra hole but links are pretty small (more like a bracelet of half-links) so it should be easy enough to get a proper fit

2. Looks like standard endpiece fitting with drilled lugs so again that should be simple HOWEVER strap thickness will be an issue (for example both my tropics are too thick at the end to fit under the case) so it may be a case of using Natos or finding a thin strap
    Thanks Ryan.

Suspicions confirmed then, but the small links might mitigate lack of clasp adjustment. Hmmm, tempting.

How does it feel in the hand or on the wrist? I'm imagining usual Seiko mid-price quality. Does everything line up?

EDIT: I think I've ordered one but fully expecting the 'Not in stock' email. A pre-order being offered on ebay for £750:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/285356653...BoCTSUQAvD_BwE

I guess that's that then. Might be more difficult to get hold of than I thought.
    Last edited by Onelasttime; 3rd July 2023 at 14:34.

It does line up but I suspect only because it isn't a ratcheting bezel and it turns both ways.

For sure the usual Seiko 5 quality, good for the price point but you aren't going to confuse it with an Aquatimer any day soon. But the styling is iconic and a very faithful reissue - to me it worth the £315 I paid for it for sure

Thanks Ryan.

Suspicions confirmed then, but the small links might mitigate lack of clasp adjustment. Hmmm, tempting.

How does it feel in the hand or on the wrist? I'm imagining usual Seiko mid-price quality. Does everything line up?

EDIT: I think I've ordered one but fully expecting the 'Not in stock' email. A pre-order being offered on ebay for £750:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/285356653...BoCTSUQAvD_BwE

I guess that's that then. Might be more difficult to get hold of than I thought.

It does line up but I suspect only because it isn't a ratcheting bezel and it turns both ways.

For sure the usual Seiko 5 quality, good for the price point but you aren't going to confuse it with an Aquatimer any day soon. But the styling is iconic and a very faithful reissue - to me it worth the £315 I paid for it for sure
    Thanks again.

As I thought, I've just been informed there is no stock but they're hoping to get it in later this month.

I went with James Porter because they were the only place that didn't have a 'Not in stock' message so I took a punt. Isn't there a law against advertising something that isn't available, and only informing a customer after they've paid?

I'll give it a couple of weeks and see what happens. I am liking it though.

EDIT. Now it says 'Out of Stock'

Hopefully get mine tomorrow. However, I prefer straps to bracelets so if this is a challenge, I might end up flipping it pretty quickly...

Thanks again.

As I thought, I've just been informed there is no stock but they're hoping to get it in later this month.

I went with James Porter because they were the only place that didn't have a 'Not in stock' message so I took a punt. Isn't there a law against advertising something that isn't available, and only informing a customer after they've paid?

I'll give it a couple of weeks and see what happens. I am liking it though.

EDIT. Now it says 'Out of Stock'
    Try TH Baker. It seems to let me check out (I didn't buy one obviously)

Craftsman
    What size are the lugs?

Mine arrived today.

Too late home to adjust the bracelet so tried a few straps.

Rubbish pics but the light is fading

Brown cordovan

Black cordovan

Plain black Erica’s

I also tried a CNS Tropic that fitted.

Not a fan of the bracelet but might be better once sized.

Going to wear for a day or two as not bonding atm

Been wearing this since Tuesday and have still not sized the bracelet. Currently on a vintage Tropic.

I’ve been impressed with the timekeeping too with it running just a few seconds slow since receiving it.