closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Amazon hell

Craftsman

Amazon hell

Bought an item from Amazon costing over £200 . Arrived faulty. Contacted them and as the status was still in ‘waiting to dispatch’ they told me they couldn’t do anything until the status updated. They told me to wait 48 hours.

I waited 48 hours and contacted them again and the status still wasn’t updated so they said they still can’t issue refund.

I’ve contacted them at least 6 times asked to speak to management and they all tell me different lies and promised issue would be resolved within 48 hours.

One person told me they had issued the refund and wait 3 days. Contacted them again when I didn’t get the refund and was told refund can’t be issued.

Really fed up with this. How do I get my money back? They keep fobbing me off with different lies. This has been going on since 19th June.

Customer service used to be good, now it’s a nightmare

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Can you cancel the order…. If it’s not been despatched

Grand Master
    Not good.....but I have to say we have never had any issues when returning anything.
    Always see the money back in the bank before weve even posted item back!.
    I have also heard horror stories too.

Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    Big fan of Amazon, and great customer service.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Agreed.
    Maybe these two can help? They love it.

Master
    Rather than refund, ask them to send another one, then when you have 2 in hand, return both. i.e try and work with their systems.

Master
    Maybe try and contact your card provider and see if they will help.

Get them to provide you with a means to send a picture showing you’ve received the item and remind them of your consumer rights and Amazons obligations

Contact your card provider and insist upon a chargeback.
    If it's a credit card, the CC provider is liable for refunding you (consumer protections act?).
    All debit card providers have a similar scheme, despite the fact that they are not legally obliged to.

Don't take "no" for an answer from your card provider. They may try to fob you off, but if you are persistent they will do this for you.
    Expect them to request proof that you have tired to resolve this with Amazon and they are not playing ball.

Amazon my well contest and get the chargeback reversed - if that happens, be very insistent with your card provider. They should get you your money back.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by lewie View Post
    Can you cancel the order…. If it’s not been despatched
    Tried this. Got an email saying the item can’t be cancelled!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperStripes View Post
    Rather than refund, ask them to send another one, then when you have 2 in hand, return both. i.e try and work with their systems.
    When I first contacted them I asked for a replacement. Again they told me they can’t send replacement until order is updated. Now the item is out of stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post

"Well they would say that ... wouldn't they!"

Master
    We had an issue with a Samsung smart telly. The sound was crap so we sent it back to the supplying company Reliant TV in Blackpool via Evri who somehow lost it. Contacted Reliant who were completely unhelpful. All they had to do was liase with Evri, who admitted responsibility and repeatedly emailed Reliant and Evri would have sorted the refund. After a month Amazon issued a refund so we were happy.
    Reliant TV in Blackpool were uncooperative jerks and we gave them a shitty review.
    Now we always try to make sure an item is 'Dispatched by Amazon'

Contact your credit card and initiate a charge back

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by sundial View Post
    Thanks for link. Unfortunately in my order there is no option to request a refund. Only option I get is cancel order, which I have done multiple times and does nothing.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Because of things like this I now use PP as much as possible as I found them more receptive and helpful (yes I know).

It very much depends on whether it was an Amazon direct sale or an Amazon Marketplace sale. I'm always extra careful with Marketplace orders. I've not had an issue with Amazon direct sales and returns.

Surely someone like yourself who has bad service everywhere would be more useful. :idiotic:

Email return@amazon.Co.uk and return-postage@Amazon.Co.uk. One of these addresses bounces back but I’ve not checked which.

State you want the issue escalated to senior management and name and contact details of the person who will be dealing with the escalation within 24 hours.

Confirm what you want eg refund / replacement etc.

This usually prompts a very quick response and a resolution quite quickly after that.

I think Amazon is great but when an issue falls into a grey area, no seems to know what’s going on.

Goodluck

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by prexelor View Post
    Email return@amazon.Co.uk and return-postage@Amazon.Co.uk. One of these addresses bounces back but I’ve not checked which.

State you want the issue escalated to senior management and name and contact details of the person who will be dealing with the escalation within 24 hours.

Confirm what you want eg refund / replacement etc.

This usually prompts a very quick response and a resolution quite quickly after that.

I think Amazon is great but when an issue falls into a grey area, no seems to know what’s going on.

Goodluck
    Ah interesting. Thanks, will give this a go.

Amazon is the biggest retail shop on the planet with customer focus their No1 priority believe it of not, getting a refund, exchange or any issue sorted should not be an issue, even if item is sold through marketplace Amazon should still be responsible for the item I would have thought.

Hopefully it all gets sorted for you..

Surely someone like yourself who has bad service everywhere would be more useful. :idiotic:
    But I don't use Amazon, do I :idiotic:

As you post every week about your latest problem (cars, insurance, schools, carpenters, work) assumed you'd be an expert at complaining. Must be just moaning.

But I don't use Amazon, do I :idiotic:
    Obviously. You just look at the websites (all of them) and post about it.

I know. I'm talking about a few years ago.

Amazon has since changed the websites to make cancelling more intuitive.
    Anyway, why not leave this personal stuff for elsewhere?

Disagree with the CC charge back advice. That should be last resort. May end up with your Amazon account closed, and throwing toys out of the pram aside it's frankly a useful service. Not to mention a load of hassle sitting on the phone with the bank.

Amazon will resolve this for you. It's fallen in a grey area so you need to get past first line support. Annoying but such things happen. Use the emails above, or try again with the live chat and see if you find someone more useful. Be very clear with the circumstances. It 100% will get resolved, although appreciate it's aggravating.

As you post every week about your latest problem (cars, insurance, schools, carpenters, work) assumed you'd be an expert at complaining. Must be just moaning.

Obviously. You just look at the websites (all of them) and post about it.

Anyway, why not leave this personal stuff for elsewhere?
    Kiss kiss. Love you 殺

John Boumphrey is their UK MD still I think, you could email him.

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk