closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Panasonic MZ800 OLED 30% discount

Panasonic MZ800 OLED 30% discount

Don't know if this is a good TV or deal but thought I'd post it?

This weekend we have another exclusive offer for our email subscribers.
    We are pleased to announce the launch of our MZ800 OLED range. We would like to offer you the first chance at purchasing and reviewing our brand new 2023 OLED TV, which comes with a free 5 year warranty*.

We are offering 30% OFF on the MZ800 range for a limited time only.

Use code EBTVMZ800 at checkout.

All we ask is that you leave us a review after receiving and setting up your product.

Hurry, this offer expires at 23:59pm on 29th June** – or when stock has sold out. Stock is extremely limited for this promotion, so be quick to avoid disappointment.

Master
    Have I missed the supplier

Thanks just ordered a 65" one for a smidge over £1400 delivered!! Thanks

That's a stunningly good deal.

Well done to the O/P for sharing that, great gesture......

Just wish I needed another OLED TV but I think 3 is enough for now!

Quote Originally Posted by lewie View Post
    Have I missed the supplier
    Sorry yes direct from Panasonic

Master
    Worth knowing that the MZ800 is the entry level display . Its probably pretty good but the 980 is supposedly one tier higher ;

The 980 can do 120hz with 4k , and supposedly has a slightly better panel . The MZ800 can only do 60hz at 4k .

The MZ800 has a gui based on Google TV if thats important to you the 980 doesn’t .

This is just based on a quick google as I’ve got a 65 980 arriving tomorrow .

The 980 is not available on the voucher . It is available for £1399 from Richers and John Lewis which still puts it £70 cheaper than the MZ800 even with the voucher and seems to be a better display .

Master
    I can vouch for the LZ980

Excellent display , very accurate out the box in filmmaker moded and Dolbyvision dark.

Craftsman

Freeview TV guide issues

I bought the 55" version of this Panasonic TV and though I've been very impressed with the picture quality the TV guide function uses the Freeview Guide which is driving me nuts.

At least once a week the guide will show No Information for every channel and the only way we have figured out how to reset this is to go into Settings and select Restart which shuts down and restarts the TV which is obviously different to switching the TV with the remote as we do every night.

Freeview Guide also has less functionality than the Samsung guide we were used to. ie. on the Samsung guide we could schedule a program and the TV would switch to that channel when the program started. This is not available with the Freeview Guide and is a massive backwards step for us.

I could live with the lack of functionality if I could at least get the guide to work reliably - and more importantly so could the Mrs who gives me a withering "you did this" look every time No Information comes up.

Has anyone with experience of the Panasonic guide found the No Information issue and got a way around it other than having to Restart the TV?
    Its so damned frustrating.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by barreti View Post
    I bought the 55" version of this Panasonic TV and though I've been very impressed with the picture quality the TV guide function uses the Freeview Guide which is driving me nuts.

Try going into menu /network / software update

even if you are up to date it seems to kick the tv into grabbing the required info from the freeview stream.

It also works if the secondary apps like iplayer are missing from the home menu.

Craftsman

Panasonic customer service help

I contacted Panasonic customer service who were very helpful.
    First they got me to disconnect all devices, including the aerial and then the power. Leave it for 2 mins before reconnecting everything and power it back on.
    Interestingly this obviously did something because the sound was horribly tinny when the TV came back up.
    When I mentioned this the CustSvc guy had me run a Factory Reset. Which took it back to out of the box and I had to run through the entire set up process from selecting the language.
    I now have a working EPG and a quite different looking apps view when I press the Home button.
    They also sent me an email with info they want if I have issues again. These are:
    .Serial Number
    .Current firmware version on the unit
    .The transmitter you receive from
    .Picture of guide issue
    .Video for the issue

For now the TV has a stay of execution. Time will tell ....