closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Online used vehicle history

Master

Online used vehicle history

Hi Gents,

I'm currently on a search for a used car and watching many Youtube videos, came across a number of presenters promoting Car Vertical.
    It's an online service that's advertised to provide an online report on a used vehicle's, mileage history, outstanding finance, mot's, accident and write off history etc.
    Having read a number of reviews, the quality and level of the info provided in the reports appears to be inconsistent and sketchy. It's also quite expensive.
    Has anybody any experience of Car Vertical or experience/recommendations of alternative systems?

Cheers

Chops Garage on YouTube raves about it - as with all these things I think it is probably useful as an indicator but not as a replacement for inspection.
    "Bite my shiny metal ass."
    - Bender Bending Rodríguez

Master
    I used VCheck which I found very useful. Promoting a service in a YT video sounds like paid promotion so I'd be wary.

https://www.vcheck.uk/

Car Vertical sponsor quite a few car YouTube channels, but some are more open than others in declaring it. It's not a bad service though, I've bought a couple of reports and found them useful, but there isn't much that's groundbreakingly new and different about it.

Craftsman
    Vcheck and car vertical both seem to use the same sources of information so I went with Vcheck as cheaper. Report seemed pretty comprehensive.

Isn't this the same as an HPI report? I'm guessing it's cheaper than HPI but will it be as thorough?

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    Isn't this the same as an HPI report? I'm guessing it's cheaper than HPI but will it be as thorough?
    Don’t know if it includes HPI.

As far as I can tell repair shops sell images of damage and this is then resold to consumers.

It seems to also include claim history and detailed MOT data.
    "Bite my shiny metal ass."
    - Bender Bending Rodríguez

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pointy View Post
    I used VCheck which I found very useful. Promoting a service in a YT video sounds like paid promotion so I'd be wary.

https://www.vcheck.uk/
    Yes, one of the promoters was offering a 10percent off code, but I think a single report is around £29 and if it’s a similar check to vcheck, then I think I’ll opt for the latter. Not that price is the only criteria, but having looked at what vcheck offer, seems to be a similar report for a fraction of the cost.

I’ve used carvertical a number of times now and find their service comprehensive enough for my needs.

OP: I don’t know how to attach a .pdf into a post on here, but I’m happy to show what one of their reports look like via PM.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    I’ve used carvertical a number of times now and find their service comprehensive enough for my needs.

OP: I don’t know how to attach a .pdf into a post on here, but I’m happy to show what one of their reports look like via PM.

R
    Thanks for the offer ralphy, but I used v-check and was very pleased with the results.