closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tudor movements any good ?

Tudor movements any good ?

Now that some of the "in-house" Tudor movements have been on the market for a good chunk of a decade now, what is the current thoughts on their reliability, servicing costs and overall quality etc....

I assume that they have to be sent to Tudor for service and certainly for any repair.

Master
    Have 4 of them including GMT which went back for date issue. Other than that I’ve had no problems whatsoever and they’re running super accurately

I have had a BB Chrono, 3 BB’s (one date, others not), 3 Pelagos, and the Pro (for 2 weeks).

The Chrono (bought new from Goldmsiths) went back to have Chrono hand aligned properly - but then was my daily wearer for 2+ years and was faultless. And I certainly did not baby it.

None of the BBs had a problem, although I only had each for some months. 2 were bought new, one not.

Of the 3 Tudors, 2 were pre-owned and had no issues over a few months.
    The last was bought new from Beaverbrooks last month, and the rotor does not wind the watch so it is currently back with Rolex.

Dunno what any of that tells you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have been wearing my BB58 9 days out of 10 for the last 14 months. It’s super accurate and by positioning it on its side crown up overnight it keeps perfect time, absolutely dead on. Like a Rolex the rotor is also absolutely silent. I couldn’t be happier.

Impressed so far with the MT5400 in my BB54.

I wound it and then have had it on the wrist for 3 weeks, no noticeable loss or gain so far, it will matches my iPhone time, however not using an app to measure accuracy.

Master
    My 2 year old black bay bronze is back with Tudor for repair as it was losing between 30 and 90 seconds a day. Hopefully it should be fixed under the 5 year warranty without issue

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    I currently have an original BBBronze and a FXD. Each have been perfect in timekeeping, miniscule time lost or gained over a four or five day wear.

Sent from my Nokia 1.4 using Tapatalk

Master
    Had my Pelagos for 18 months and it loses a rock solid 1.5 secs per day. I would have preferred it to gain 1.5 seconds but it's been very consistent.
    My lad has a BB41 and he has no complaints about that either.
    Other than them being a bit slab sided, I think they are (relatively) great VFM.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by stuie-t View Post
    My 2 year old black bay bronze is back with Tudor for repair as it was losing between 30 and 90 seconds a day. Hopefully it should be fixed under the 5 year warranty without issue

So I just heard back from Tudor, and apparently it needs a full service plus new crown, and no that isn’t covered under the 5 year warranty as it’s due to wear and tear. It’s only just over 2 years old, so I would say that the durability is not great. The servicing is cheaper than I would have expected though at just over £300

So I just heard back from Tudor, and apparently it needs a full service plus new crown, and no that isn’t covered under the 5 year warranty as it’s due to wear and tear. It’s only just over 2 years old, so I would say that the durability is not great. The servicing is cheaper than I would have expected though at just over £300

Interesting, my BB58 nearing 4yrs old, worn daily and I dont pamper it. Odd that yours is loosing time like that.

Mine did go back to Rolex Service Centre - West Malling as fell outside its COSC parameters a few years back, turnaround was a few weeks & no additional cost (I even ended up with an additional Rolex DJ returned, but thats another story)

Surely Tudor can't seriously claim it's suddenly losing time due to wear and tear after only two years? That either means their movements are shite or the warranty is meaningless.

What did they say had suffered the wear and tear to warrant the sudden loss of timekeeping? I would have been arguing the toss pretty robustly with them.

Blog Entries

I’d throw the consumer rights act at the AD that supplied you the watch, it’s their responsibility to supply goods that are fit for purpose - (if you can quote other people who have had timing issues as listed on forums etc in the same timeframe that will help) - not Tudor.

Last edited by MartynJC (UK); 19th June 2023 at 12:29.
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Master
    I would agree with MartynJC.
    Either its been subject to impact damage that would reasonably be expected to have caused the issue, or it's not fit for purpose. If it's the former then ask them to evidence that it's had an impact sufficient to cause the issue, and if it's the latter it's down to them.

Master

They are saying that it hasn’t been misused but that there is some dirt and excessive wear of the movement which is why it is running erratically. It’s impossible to speak directly to anyone at Tudor though and the AD just repeats what they have said and doesn’t challenge whether it is reasonable or not. The AD is DM Robinson in Canary Wharf

Last edited by stuie-t; 19th June 2023 at 16:51.

They are saying that it hasn’t been misused but that there is some dirt and excessive wear if the movement which is why it is running erratically. It’s impossible to speak directly to anyone at Tudor though and the AD just repeats what they have said any doesn’t challenge whether it is reasonable or not. The AD is DM Robinson in Canary Wharf

Maybe take it in to Rolex St James yourself if you are local.

I called in today with a Rolex and they are able to do a service quote while you wait which took around 20 minutes.

Grand Master
    I would demand to speak to someone at the Tudor Service centre, unless the watch has been opened up there is no reason for dirt to be present. This is totally unacceptable, the watch's performance has deteriorated markedly under warranty and I fail to see how this can be accounted for as 'wear and tear', it makes no sense. Also ask why the crown needs replacing? Has the watch suffered an impact to the crown? If so that would be obvious, if the crown is damaged or the stem was bent this would be obvious when rotating the crown to set the hands.

I would definitely fight this.

Master
    A little fishing village on the banks of the mersey.
    They are saying that it hasn’t been misused but that there is some dirt and excessive wear of the movement which is why it is running erratically. It’s impossible to speak directly to anyone at Tudor though and the AD just repeats what they have said and doesn’t challenge whether it is reasonable or not. The AD is DM Robinson in Canary Wharf

I'd be going apeshit and demanding a new watch or my money back. I'd also be threatening them with trading standards, if you have a 5yr warranty they haven't got a leg to stand on.
    Last edited by the big fella; 27th June 2023 at 12:39.

Master

I finally got to speak with the Tudor service centre directly yesterday. They are now saying that it’s due to impact damage, even though the only dings on the watch (as confirmed by the condition report when I dropped it off at the AD) are 2 scratches on the aluminium bezel insert. They are intransigent on this so I’m left with either making a consumer rights claim against the AD or a section 75 claim against the credit card company.

Master
    A little fishing village on the banks of the mersey.
    I finally got to speak with the Tudor service centre directly yesterday. They are now saying that it’s due to impact damage, even though the only dings on the watch (as confirmed by the condition report when I dropped it off at the AD) are 2 scratches on the aluminium bezel insert. They are intransigent on this so I’m left with either making a consumer rights claim against the AD or a section 75 claim against the credit card company.

Threaten the AD with a consumer rights claim first see how that goes, do it face to face with the manager keep calm though, but stand your ground.

I'd also insist that if there has been any impact damage, it's been whilst it was in their hands.

I once had a link fitted on my SM by DMR which they marked the case whilst fitting it then blatantly denied it, so they're not immune from giving BS out when it suits them.

Is the watch still with them or do you have it back? if so don't mention Trading standards wait till the watch is back in your hands.

I was going to suggest taking it to an independent but you have to be careful here because it could invalidate the warranty.

Could you or anyone else have dropped the watch, seems very strange their saying is dirt in the movement though, I'd most definitely be wanting to know how that got there walkerwek also makes some very valid points.
    Last edited by the big fella; 28th June 2023 at 01:15.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by the big fella View Post
    Threaten the AD with a consumer rights claim first see how that goes, do it face to face with the manager keep calm though, but stand your ground.

I'd also insist that if there has been any impact damage, it's been whilst it was in their hands.

I once had a link fitted on my SM by DMR which they marked the case whilst fitting it then blatantly denied it, so they're not immune from giving BS out when it suits them.

Is the watch still with them or do you have it back? if so don't mention Trading standards wait till the watch is back in your hands.

I was going to suggest taking it to an independent but you have to be careful here because it could invalidate the warranty.

Could you or anyone else have dropped the watch, seems very strange their saying is dirt in the movement though, I'd most definitely be wanting to know how that got there walkerwek also makes some very valid points.
    When I spoke to Tudor they denied ever saying that the issue was due to dirt in the movement, so I think that was BS made up by DMR. It leads me to think that some damage has been incurred in their custody, and Tudor are using that as an excuse and are not bothering to look if there is any other cause.
    I don’t have the watch back yet, it’s still with the Tudor service centre. I’ll write to DMR and ask for their final decision on this and take it from there.
    Thanks all for the input!