closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 51 of 113 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,550 of 5608

Thread: Premier League 2023-24

Absolutely no way can Man City make up 2 points on Spurs and Arsenal with only 30 games to go.

Quote Originally Posted by NigeG View Post
    Winning goals in Champions League Final and Club World Cup Final begs to differ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes, such an important player that they sold him! He is just not a top quality player

Quote Originally Posted by NikGixer750 View Post
    Yes, such an important player that they sold him! He is just not a top quality player
    Perhaps not best suited to the EPL. Very surprised indeed that Arteta splashed out on him, anyway.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by NikGixer750 View Post
    No one said anything about importance or quality. You said he was a failure.

I think he repaid some of the big transfer fee In what he actually won and by being in the right place at the right time.

He’s not lived up to the expectations that Chelsea had for him. Maybe Poch just didn’t want him. Either way Arsenal thought he was worth the big transfer fee and now it’s their problem to get the best out of him

England quality tonight

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Particularly second half. It helps when you have a cheat code though - Jude is unreal.

Quote Originally Posted by xxnick1975 View Post
    England quality tonight

Craftsman
    Looks like Newcastle are losing their best player for the rest of the season

https://football-italia.net/tonali-a...-games-report/

Quote Originally Posted by Speedyexplorer View Post

Not a great look but thankfully he was far from being fully acclimatised to the EPL and won’t be much of a loss based on form so far.

I’d be much more worried if it was Bruno, Joelinton or Gordon.

It looks like he'll get a lengthy ban and more importantly, hopefully he'll get the help and support he'll need to overcome his addiction. However he's nowhere near our best player and with Longstaff, Bruno and Joelinton we won't miss him too much unless we get a few injuries.

He has looked good but not great in moments and probably due to having a lot to deal with personally.

I did wonder why Milan let him go for such a comparatively small sum given he was their star player. Makes sense now.

I wonder if Newcaste did their due diligence before signing him (one would assume so, surely)?

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    I wonder if Newcaste did their due diligence before signing him (one would assume so, surely)?
    I think they took a punt....

I'm sure we will have but surely any due diligence wouldn't uncover a police investigation? Milan appear to be the ones who haven't fully disclosed information.

Master
    I was at the england game Friday and again last night - Seeing Bellingham live was a joy he oozes class, has a level of arrogance about him that I love, also thought Foden was class, Rashford needed the goal and Kane just does what he does better than anyone else, as much as he gets pelters I thought Maguire had a good game and dare I say Pickford also another for the haters - Guehi also v impressive cameo and everyone else bar Phillips 7/10 for me

Safegate just needs to take the shackles off and ditch the 2 holding players for me as not needed - but enjoyable evening and I hope the next couple of games is a chance to look at others alongside Rice

Id say 9/11 spots are already taken though just a case of a couple of roles up for grabs and bolster the squad

I think the balance is probably about right to be fair. If you try and squeeze too many creative attacking players in they end up in each others pockets.

I thought the same in the past re Gerrard/Lampard/Scholes etc, always felt it was better balanced with Butt or Barry etc in there as a nice steady foil.

Looks like a front 4 of Kane and Jude, plus 2, Saka and Rashie I guess, with Foden, Grealish, Sterling as options.

Then Rice plus 1. Eg Hendo, Gallagher, Philips, Trent

Then back 4, as per last night unless Chilly or Shaw get back in at LB. R James, subject to injury as backup

I think the balance is probably about right to be fair. If you try and squeeze too many creative attacking players in they end up in each others pockets.

I thought the same in the past re Gerrard/Lampard/Scholes etc, always felt it was better balanced with Butt or Barry etc in there as a nice steady foil.

Looks like a front 4 of Kane and Jude, plus 2, Saka and Rashie I guess, with Foden, Grealish, Sterling as options.

Then back 4, as per last night unless Chilly or Shaw get back in at LB. R James, subject to injury as backup

You can't ignore Maddison in your musings, albeit that he's not replicated his club form as yet.

Master
    I hear you pal and undertstand your point - I just feel southgate sets up to not lose where as top managers set up to win (not that we should complain given what hes achieved) however Im not a fan of the 2 holding certainly not phillips or henderson etc id rather look at ward prowse or drop bellingham in therte maybe but clear he sees hima s a 10 hence maddison not getting a look in - fwiw totally agree regards gerrard, scholes and lampard but I feel we should of changed formation to accomodate them and in my opinion you have to get your best players in somehow so for me foden saka bellingham kane all have to play then rash and grealish as subs for me so theres a space next to rice

hell play shaw for defo southgates as loyal as they come hence me thinking 9/11 spots are cemeneted with potentially lb (if shaw not fit) and someone with rice the only two up for grabs

Last edited by R0bertb00th; 18th October 2023 at 13:58.

Master
    I don't get the love of Henderson by Southgate. He might be viewed as an organiser / leader on the pitch but with the depth of talent in the squad now, I'd take the more gifted players every time, even Klopp recognises when the Milners / Hendos etc have exceeded their shelf life.

Master

So what's the difference between the Tonali and Toney cases?

Toney gets the book thrown at him where he can't even train for six months and a statement of condemnation from the FA, yet with Tonali they're saying he has a gambling addiction and yes he'll serve a ban, but counselling and support will be provided to help him overcome his problems.

If I was Ivan Toney I'd be furious.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynam0humm View Post

Toney gets the book thrown at him where he can't even train for six months and a statement of condemnation from the FA, yet with Tonali they're saying he has a gambling addiction and yes he'll serve a ban, but counselling and support will be provided to help him overcome his problems.

Tonali has a better agent, who seen the way it was going and played the sympathy card fairly quickly.
    At what stage to you move from liking a punt to being a gambling addict, when you get caught it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynam0humm View Post

Tonali will by default get a 3 year ban. That will be reduced to 2 years for admission of guilt, and then maybe down to 1.5 years for sharing information with the authorities. These are the Italian FA penalties which will override any English FA penalties as the offences happened while he played in Serie A.

He will get a much longer ban than Toney. He was betting on AC Milan matches while he was still a player there! And not at bookies but at underground illegal gambling networks!

If they can then prove he was not just betting but also involved in match fixing then his punishment will be far more severe than what I've outlined above

How do you know all this? Merely supposition?

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Tonali will by default get a 3 year ban. That will be reduced to 1.5 years for admission of guilt, and then maybe down to 1 year for sharing information with the authorities. These are the Italian FA penalties which will override any English FA penalties as the offences happened while he played in Serie A.

He will get a much longer ban than Toney. He was betting on AC Milan matches while he was still a player there! And not at bookies but at underground networks.

If they can then prove he was not just betting but also involved in match fixing then his punishment will be far more severe than what I've outlined above

You can't ignore Maddison in your musings, albeit that he's not replicated his club form as yet.
    You are right, he's deffo in the mix.

Although in the same way Vardy was superb in his own right, he wasn't going to usurp Kane in 2018, I don't think he's going to get in ahead of JB. Obviously you keep him involved what with the inevitable injuries etc

Last edited by xxnick1975; 18th October 2023 at 16:14.

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    How do you know all this? Merely supposition?
    Gazzetta Dello Sport and also colleagues in Milan

Gazzetta Dello Sport saying Tonali will get between 12-15 months ban from football. Will happen after the weekend.

Gazzetta Dello Sport saying Tonali will get between 12-15 months ban from football. Will happen after the weekend.
    Mostly because his mate grassed on him as the ring leader and that he introduced others to the dark web betting site

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Konaté a lucky boy.

How's Konate not been given a red there?!!?

Because he’s a Liverpool player. I didn’t think either of Young’s were yellows. They were fouls but not bookings. Different rules for Liverpool though.

How's Konate not been given a red there?!!?

Harsh for Young regardless of Konate I actually thought it spoilt what was a decent game up to that point.

Onana and Doucoure were both excellent, Onana in particular odd decision really substituting him guy was an absolute beast.

Nunes and Elliot made a real difference to Liverpool, I think we can be pretty pedestrian with Jota in the team.

The team (and manager) Everton have I can see them turning this around, some decent players in the squad.

Thought the penalty was pretty clear, his hand was stuck out blocking the cross.

Two excellent goals from Salah.

Agree with Rio and Ally, there should be consistency with cards, on first watch I thought Youngs was never a foul but on the other camera views it was a poor decision from Young to dive in. That being said, a final warning should have been enough rather than a second yellow. Konate was probably more of a card so very harsh on Everton.

Oh well, half the family wont speak to me for a while.......

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Casper View Post
    Konaté a lucky boy.
    Without doubt, should have been a yellow and has to be put down as a mistake by the referee.

Liverpool actually played their best stuff when Everton had 11 and the sending off spoilt what was, up until that point, an entertaining game.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Because he’s a Liverpool player. I didn’t think either of Young’s were yellows. They were fouls but not bookings. Different rules for Liverpool though.
    Think you'll find Liverpool at the top of the red card table. All this Liverpool get all the decisions is a crock.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sprite1275 View Post
    Think you'll find Liverpool at the top of the red card table. All this Liverpool get all the decisions is a crock.
    Was that Raya doing another Onana impression?

That was 100% a mis-hit cross.

Master
    That was 100% a mis-hit cross.
    Totally agree, which makes it even worse.

Master
    Arsenal are crap

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    Arsenal are crap

Makes you want to support the Saints

Master
    But that’s cobblers isn’t it, we have had lots of iffy decisions against us so far this season.

No idea how we got a point out of that but I'll take it!

Blog Entries
    Unhappy had it sorted then a bad goalkeeper decision + a great effort by Rice and lucky to hold onto a point.

OK went in thinking a Arsenal win so a point is a bonus.
    Last edited by mart broad; 21st October 2023 at 19:35.
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Refs will be making up for the Tottenham VAR decision all season, today will be the first of many.

Liverpool & PGMOL 2 - 0 Everton who never stood a chance against 12 men

Quote Originally Posted by cyrusir View Post
    But that’s cobblers isn’t it, we have had lots of iffy decisions against us so far this season.

Just saw this on Twitter…

In Liverpool’s 2 games since playing Spurs, they have received 2 penalties, a red card in their favour and escaped a blatant second yellow.

I guess crying and screaming corruption really does work.

[IMG][/IMG]

Meanwhile , back in the real world .

Master
    Just saw this on Twitter…
    I just saw this on twitter:

Come on people, I know you’re a bit jet lagged after the international break, but I expect a higher standard of banter.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilT View Post
    Come on people, I know you’re a bit jet lagged after the international break, but I expect a higher standard of banter.
    Seriously? What thread have you been reading?

Master
    Seriously? What thread have you been reading?
    Fair point ;-)

Villa looked superb again today.

Painful watching us against Chelsea, just no urgency, happy to pass it around the back with no direction. No idea how we got a point out of that game. Chelsea looked pretty good at times, crazy to think they spent £1bil and did not sign a decent striker!

I can see Ramsdale getting back into the team, Raya has been pretty terrible the last few games, so many times getting caught out with bad passes, terrible positioning.

If we don't get Toney or a decent striker in Jan, top 4 could be a struggle.

Good to see my man Eddie N, came on hardly touched the ball but got his standard yellow card, top class player as always.

Master
    Glad to hear Carragher calling out the prevalence of players rolling around on the ground feigning head injuries either to try to get the game stopped or to get an opponent sent off. Some over the weekend were an embarrassment to the game.

Another good performance and win from the Magpies, great to see Jacob Murphy putting in another quality performance, he is the ultimate team player / genuinely nice guy and was terrific for us on loan a few years ago.