closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 5 of 110 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Premier League 2023-24

Quote Originally Posted by monogroover View Post
    Does sportswashing even work? I can't think of anything that's made the Saudis' human rights abuses more prominent in the public consciousness than LIV and Newcastle United.
    You are correct, at the moment it doesn't work. But they are playing the long game.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    Oooooo city / Newcastle half scarfs are going to fly out the door ;)
    That ship has sailed pal .
    Im giving up on City now . Im looking for a mid table club with potential. Whats the season ticket situation at Anfield like ? 😁

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Im giving up on City now . Im looking for a mid table club with potential. Whats the season ticket situation at Anfield like ? 😁
    Haha , no need to go that far. Old Trafford is just down the road

Master
    City are pretty much where United were twenty odd years ago... A hell of a squad, funds to upgrade available and one hell of a manger. Difficult to see beyond City getting the title again next year but it will be interesting to see who they get to replace Gundogan who has been immense, particularly whenever he has been playing against United! But on the assumption that the United sale eventually does go through, they get shot of a few deadwood players and Ten Hag gets a good budget it will be a lot tighter at the top next season.

Master
    Still a 25 year wait, my son will probably have kids his own age now before he gets one.

Ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In a massive touch of irony Al Ittihad have come in with a 170m a year offer for Ilkay Gundogan!

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    Still a 25 year wait, my son will probably have kids his own age now before he gets one.

Ridiculous.

Something wrong there then . Thats ridiculous. We are definitely going the same way . Pricing fans out and tourists everywhere.
    The final last night was appalling .
    I can see Stockport calling 😳

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    In a massive touch of irony Al Ittihad have come in with a 170m a year offer for Ilkay Gundogan!
    Really? Think about it....... 3m+ per week????? Utter madness!
    Last edited by BSB; 12th June 2023 at 10:36.

Craftsman
    The Saudi’s are fair splashing the cash, seems Gerrard has signed to manage Ettifaq FC. 20 million a season.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedyexplorer View Post
    The Saudis are fair splashing the cash, seems Gerrard has signed to manage Ettifaq FC. 20 million a season.
    Is this now confirmed?

On the face of it a strange choice but then he will have plenty of money to bring in players, a few big names are going over there to play now, African and Asian players will go over there to play (World doesnt revolve around Europe) and we are forever moaning about English managers not going abroad to try their luck.

That is of course if its confirmed.

Tielemans has signed for Villa. Great coup that!
    Yep, extremely happy with that; all my Leicester supporting friends, not so much.

Our midfield of Luiz, Kamara, McGinn, Tielemans and Ramsey has cost us less than 20m in transfer fees.

PSG to sell Mbappe this summer. Obviously Real Madrid are long time admirers, City wouldn't be able to sign him for FFP reasons (plus they have Haaland), Arsenal couldn't afford him, Chelsea neither, possibly United could but Ten Haag isn't one for big egos. I reckon he may head to Saudi Arabia as well.

Master
    PSG to sell Mbappe this summer. Obviously Real Madrid are long time admirers, City wouldn't be able to sign him for FFP reasons (plus they have Haaland), Arsenal couldn't afford him, Chelsea neither, possibly United could but Ten Haag isn't one for big egos. I reckon he may head to Saudi Arabia as well.
    Probably right.
    Expect to hear some bleating about FFP rules causing an exodus of talent.

And that bleating will be right. FFP will disappear if the best young talent starts going to Saudi. Mbappe going there would be a disgrace.

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    Probably right.
    Expect to hear some bleating about FFP rules causing an exodus of talent.

City could go for him, they don't seem to be mind breaking FFP rules, Mbappe and Haaland would guarantee them further domination for the next 5+ years.

Mbappe seems to just care about money so he could go to the far east and waste his career over there.

Everton have also broken FFP rules and theyre shyte so spending doesnt equal quality or success.

Quote Originally Posted by NikGixer750 View Post
    City could go for him, they don't seem to be mind breaking FFP rules, Mbappe and Haaland would guarantee them further domination for the next 5+ years.

Mbappe seems to just care about money so he could go to the far east and waste his career over there.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    And that bleating will be right. FFP will disappear if the best young talent starts going to Saudi. Mbappe going there would be a disgrace.
    Will be like sportsmen going to apartheid South Africa
    If thats how you want to do conduct yourself then so be it.

Read last year that Mbappe, when he did the same threat of leaving last time, was phoned by Macron asking him to stay at PSG and was also given a in how the club was managed. Also read that hes reported to have demanded that the club rid itself of the Argentinian players.

Hes a wonderful player but appears to have an ego the size of France and it perhaps goes part way to explain why PSG never succeed in CL. Wouldnt want him anywhere near my club, no matter how talented. Same goes for Neymar.

Far too much baggage and drama comes with Mbappe and Neymar. As Sevvy said, I wouldnt want either at my club regardless of their ability.

Red face

I heard today that both Mbabbe and Neymar were signing for AFC Richmond...

Seems like Arsenal are closing in on a deal for Kai Havertz. Not sure what to make of that - is he better than what Arsenal already have up front? I'm doubtful.

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Far too much baggage and drama comes with Mbappe and Neymar. As Sevvy said, I wouldnt want either at my club regardless of their ability.
    Neymar is past it and would get ruined in the Prem, Mbappe on the other hand is incredible, so say a big ego but I imagine the press inflate his diva like demands somewhat, while I would be sceptical about him I would like to see him at an English club, his speed, attacking ability and finishing would light up the league.

Be a real shame though if his ego gets in the way of his future..

I dont get what anyone sees in him, especially for the kind of money Im seeing rumoured. Bang average.

Seems like Arsenal are closing in on a deal for Kai Havertz. Not sure what to make of that - is he better than what Arsenal already have up front? I'm doubtful.

He's a quality player and only 24. Arsenal don't have many strikers so would be a very good addition.

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by xxnick1975 View Post
    He's a quality player and only 24. Arsenal don't have many strikers so would be a very good addition.

Havertz would not be a good buy, he has been bang average at Chelsea, we need someone to score alot of goals and Kai is not that person!

Havertz would not be a good buy, he has been bang average at Chelsea, we need someone to score alot of goals and Kai is not that person!
    If I was gooner I think I would have more faith in who Arteta wants after last season..

It's a bit much to say he's bang average.

He may or may not be what Arsenal need, but he's defo not average.

Positionally, he's a false nine really, play him there and you'll get the best out of him.

Think his hero was Ozil, plays like him, with a bit more grit. Top player. Only 24.

Thing with Mbappe is he's an off the shelf gap closer between any of the Top 5 and Man City. He's that good. Finance wise I think it will be impossible for clubs like Arsenal and Liverpool to get him. If Utd get their Qatar takeover then they could do it. Newcastle have the funds. Chelsea (not top 5 last year I know) are the other team that could do it but for FFP reasons they'd need to do it on something like an 8 year deal and Mbappe won't do that

Quote Originally Posted by murkeywaters View Post
    If I was gooner I think I would have more faith in who Arteta wants after last season..
    That's another issue, I don't rate Arteta at all!

Yes, we had a good season, but came away with nothing, we needed to put more focus on Europe. I think we will struggle next season to maintain a top 4 spot.

Premier League 2023-24

That's another issue, I don't rate Arteta at all!

Yes, we had a good season, but came away with nothing, we needed to put more focus on Europe. I think we will struggle next season to maintain a top 4 spot.
    Top 4 def interesting next season, lot of teams capable of it, while Man City look super strong I think the gap will close up next year, at least 7 teams will be edging their finances of that CL place next year.

Quite often when a team or key player has been super strong the following year they have been either found out or lost that edge they had the first year, interesting times ahead especially this transfer window..

Master
    Declan Rice going for 100m is absolutely absurd.

Hes a 50m player at the absolute max.

I'm more concerned about the mooted 70m fee for Kai Havertz

Arsenal playing a blinder here .
    All the add ons are tied into winning the PL and the Chumps League .
    West Ham must be laughing their socks off .

Arsenal playing a blinder here .
    All the add ons are tied into winning the PL and the Chumps League .
    West Ham must be laughing their socks off .
    The thing is Sullivan was never going to accept the 1st bid - whatever bid Arsenal make he will go to the other clubs and ask them to beat it so it doesn't make sense to go all in. It does seem Rice prefers Arsenal (I guess for family reasons plus Arteta has been courting him for a while) and if he went to City he has the formidable presence of Rodri to get past in order to get into the team (not to mention De Bruyne, Gundogan etc) whereas he'd be a guaranteed starter at Arsenal. Plus maybe he sees it as more of a challenge at Arsenal (although the pull of working under Guardiola and surrounded by amazing players must be a big draw too).

Seems like Arsenal have gone back in this evening with a 2nd bid of 100m.

I'm more concerned about the mooted 70m fee for Kai Havertz
    70m for him and 100m for rice is insane Arsenal must have better options out there than this?

Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    70m for him and 100m for rice is insane Arsenal must have better options out there than this?
    Rice is IMHO worth it for his personality, leadership potential and versatility.

With Havertz I just don't see why they need him. Better off getting more defensive cover and try and get a number 9.

Master

Seems like Arsenal have gone back in this evening with a 2nd bid of 100m.
    That is insanity

I love all this, so far Everton have got shut of Conor Cody which is an absolute disgrace and the fat ginger one wants to buy more Burnley rejects who helped him achieve relegation.

He already has several in his current squad and they are equally shit, but for some reason needs more.

Deckchairs on the Titanic springs to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    That is insanity
    Absolutely... he should go for 120m at least.

Apparently Arsenal's first bid was 80m to be paid over 6 years! I'm guessing it didn't take long to tell them what they could do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Meesterbond View Post
    Absolutely... he should go for 120m at least.

Apparently Arsenal's first bid was 80m to be paid over 6 years! I'm guessing it didn't take long to tell them what they could do with it.

I think part of the 80M and all of the "add ons" were over 6 years........not the entire amount over the 6 year contract.

As a Hammers fan I just hope they milk it for all he could be worth and take the money for re-investment in the team. And for the player he's going to end up at a much better club with better players around him week in, week out and that will bring him on. Can see him going for 100m plus easily in the current market.

All gone quiet on the Kane front so assume Levy has ruined his career in the Uk, once again........

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    I think part of the 80M and all of the "add ons" were over 6 years........not the entire amount over the 6 year contract.

As a Hammers fan I just hope they milk it for all he could be worth and take the money for re-investment in the team. And for the player he's going to end up at a much better club with better players around him week in, week out and that will bring him on. Can see him going for 100m plus easily in the current market.

All gone quiet on the Kane front so assume Levy has ruined his career in the Uk, once again........

I shouldn't believe everything I read on Twitter!

I think City or maybe further afield would be a better option. I can't see him improving into the player he really could be at Arsenal. Yes, he'll get CL football but won't win it. Maybe an FA Cup but not the big step up he is well capable of.

Craftsman
    Jude Bellingham just went to Madrid for 88.5 million rising to 115 million add ons included.
    Seen as he is twice the player of Declan Rice, that puts his value somewhere between &45 to 60 million for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Meesterbond View Post
    I shouldn't believe everything I read on Twitter!

I think City or maybe further afield would be a better option. I can't see him improving into the player he really could be at Arsenal. Yes, he'll get CL football but won't win it. Maybe an FA Cup but not the big step up he is well capable of.
    He wants to stay in London though. Plus he'd be a starter at Arsenal. Doubt he's getting in ahead of Rodri at City. Finally, joining a treble winning side and winning a trophy that they'd win regardless of whether he is there or not may not be seen as the challenge he wants.

Moot point but Rice would play alongside Rodri , not instead of .
    Personally dont think itll happen anyway as Kovacic seems to be imminent. More of a possession type of player that Pep loves.
    Uncertainty still surrounds Silva and Gundogan, Mahrez could be a shock target for Saudi Arabia and Laporte looks like hes headed out. Im sure the scouting teams will have targets lined up.
    On to the Charity Shield and our customary beating giving everyone else false hope. I think City shouldve been allowed to pick the opposition and opted to face the City womens team .

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Speedyexplorer View Post
    Jude Bellingham just went to Madrid for 88.5 million rising to 115 million add ons included.
    Seen as he is twice the player of Declan Rice, that puts his value somewhere between &45 to 60 million for me.

Good job it's not you as his agent or the man with the big cheque book!!

(only joshing)

Master
    Rice is IMHO worth it for his personality, leadership potential and versatility.

With Havertz I just don't see why they need him. Better off getting more defensive cover and try and get a number 9.
    I think it may be because Arteta likes versatile players and he can cover multiple positions.

City buying Rice would be just another example of them buying a player they dont really need to stop him improving a potential rival. The sooner the cheating tw@ts get banned, the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Space Traveller View Post
    City buying Rice would be just another example of them buying a player they dont really need to stop him improving a potential rival. The sooner the cheating tw@ts get banned, the better.
    😂😂😂😂😂

Joelinton scored on his Brazil debut - get in Big Joe. He can sing too.

https://twitter.com/t00nstats/status...08394059505665

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Interestingly it is likely that the 5th place finisher in the PL next season will qualify for the following season's Champions League as a result of changes being implemented by UEFA.

Basically the 2 leagues with the best coefficient in the previous season's European competition get an extra place for the following season's CL. If the changes were happening for next season's CL (they aren't, they will be in place for the 2024/2025 CL) then England and Italy would get the extra space.

It is likely that PL sides will do well next season with a good chance of being in the top 2.