closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 95 of 110 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105 ... LastLast
Results 4,701 to 4,750 of 5462

Thread: Premier League 2023-24

Quote Originally Posted by Space Traveller View Post
    Lots of Villa fans have been gnashing their teeth over this, but as you point out, they're only going off the headline net profit figure from the accounts, and not taking into account any adjustments like the Covid adjustment. I've seen the covid figure of £56m reported in various places, but where have the youth team and womens figures come from, as they look very high to be honest?

The other thing that gives me comfort is if we were that close to the FFP limit, why would we have bought Rogers and the young right back in the January window?

I do wonder about Chris Heck though, why on earth would you cancel a major stadium expanion when our income is so far below that of the other top 6 clubs? if he wants to build a new ground, that's going to take 8 years plus and means we're going to have a ground capacity in the bottom half of Premier League clubs, with two stands not really fit for purpose with terrible facilities.
    If that's the costs over three years for the youth and women's team costs it sounds more realistic. £15million per year over the last three years for some of the youth players we've bought in?

Either way, I have a lot of faith in the current owners and their organisation. Plus I think Rogers is going to turn out to be a fantastic player.
    "A man of little significance"

There's a separate company for the women's team though, so not sure nwhy there'd be any expenses in the main men's company. Also I don't think that youth expenditure on actually buying the young players, and their wages are excluded from the calculations.

There's a separate company for the women's team though, so not sure nwhy there'd be any expenses in the main men's company. Also I don't think that youth expenditure on actually buying the young players, and their wages are excluded from the calculations.
    Perhaps the total losses for the club as a whole over the last year have been added up? I don't know. A -£120m figure makes a nice headline either way.

The actual accounts are online now, and there indeed women's and yout costs in there, totalling about £21m, so that can be knocked off. Then there will be the covid allowance which isn't mentioned, but if it's the figure you quote we're in absolutely no FFP danger whatsoever.

The actual accounts are online now, and there indeed women's and yout costs in there, totalling about £21m, so that can be knocked off. Then there will be the covid allowance which isn't mentioned, but if it's the figure you quote we're in absolutely no FFP danger whatsoever.
    Maybe you should just know your place and not challenge for a Top 4 place ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Spurs not offering OAP discounts for season tickets from next season it seems .
    Let’s hope it doesn’t set a precedent

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post

Fancy new stadium to pay off - wonder if they’ll hike up prices too.

It’s not like they have a history of winning silverware so any prize money can offset the costs 😂

I think with the FFP police getting serious, lots of clubs will be squeezing every last penny from fans from now on.

Liverpool and Man City's wins aside, the rest of the PL teams lost (Villa drew) in Europe. Not a good sign for the supposedly best league in the world and that 5th CL place is in serious jeopardy.

I strongly suspect the referee at the Ajax/Villa match last night won't be officiating another European match for some time. Yellow cards issued at random and a sending off apiece. Still, 0-0 away isn't a problem, the return leg at Villa Park next week should be ok for Villa.

Master
    Blog Entries

Piss poor, probably been going and paying in for donkeys years too.

Master
    Someone on another forum I was reading made the point that the average OAP probably has more money than the average 22 year old (assume most clubs do some 18-21 discount). If young supporters don’t get the match going habit, what does the future hold?

Premier League prices are ludicrously expensive even with modest discounts. Armchair fans can (legally) get a couple of months TV football for the price of one ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    I strongly suspect the referee at the Ajax/Villa match last night won't be officiating another European match for some time. Yellow cards issued at random and a sending off apiece. Still, 0-0 away isn't a problem, the return leg at Villa Park next week should be ok for Villa.
    Yep, he was completely dismal.

And for West Ham, the defender at Freiburg stopped a shot on goal by putting his hands above his head and after an age VAR said no penalty.

Ridiculous.

Just get rid of VAR, it's a travesty.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    And for West Ham, the defender at Freiburg stopped a shot on goal by putting his hands above his head and after an age VAR said no penalty.

Ridiculous.

It was the ref who said no pen. Looked stonewall to me. I'll bet Newcastle were looking at that thinking 'hmmmm'.

In the Roma/Brighton match a clearly offside Roma 3rd goal was given inside because VAR only drew 1 line (the one from the defender) and not the one from the attacker who was half a yard off so they gave the goal! Utter farce.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post

Ridiculous.

Got to agree, that was an absolutely shocking decision from the ref.

How did Arsenal manage to sign the synchronized diving team in one go ?

Deserved and was always coming.

King Kai, bang average

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Not sure what the furore is with Havertz supposedly diving and should have had a 2nd yellow? The defender did catch him slightly.

Ref was atrocious, same as VAR. How Arsenal didn't get at least 1 of the penalty decisions is beyond me. Can't blame Brentford for timewasting. Didn't like how we didn't give Brentford the ball back after they kicked it out for an injury.

I'll take the win, hope for a draw tomorrow then we need a result at the Etihad end of March. Still got Spurs away and Man Utd away (we always seem to sh*t the bed at Old Trafford). Some easy-ish home games against Luton, Villa, Bournemouth and Everton.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Not sure what the furore is with Havertz supposedly diving and should have had a 2nd yellow? The defender did catch him slightly.

Ref was atrocious, same as VAR. How Arsenal didn't get at least 1 of the penalty decisions is beyond me. Can't blame Brentford for timewasting. Didn't like how we didn't give Brentford the ball back after they kicked it out for an injury.

I'll take the win, hope for a draw tomorrow then we need a result at the Etihad end of March. Still got Spurs away and Man Utd away (we always seem to sh*t the bed at Old Trafford). Some easy-ish home games against Luton, Villa, Bournemouth and Everton.
    Going to be a fantastic finish to the season.

Easy against Villa? We’ll see.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

I've suffered for far too many years to take anything for granted. However, a good performance thus far.

Playing very well. Ridiculous heads-gone tackle by the angry little Scot. Could have done serious damage to your players knee.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    I've suffered for far too many years to take anything for granted. However, a good performance thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Playing very well. Ridiculous heads-gone tackle by the angry little Scot. Could have done serious damage to your players knee.
    Yeah, that was plain nasty. Red card was the correct outcome.

Exceptional, totally dominant performance. Now we need to build on it.

Exceptional, totally dominant performance. Now we need to build on it.
    Watching this on a stream in Hanoi. Great performance. Matty what’s the score?

Easy against Villa? We’ll see.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    They're getting shredded at the Emirates, Arteta said as much. Arsenal still livid at the 1-0 at Villa Park and will make that right.

They're getting shredded at the Emirates, Arteta said as much. Arsenal still livid at the 1-0 at Villa Park and will make that right.
    TBF, it was a travesty that we didn't beat Villa at home as well - we dominated that game and were by far the better side. The table could have looked a little different right now in terms of fourth place.

Craftsman
    Great win today for Spurs. Fulham up next
    Last edited by thfccambs; 10th March 2024 at 16:44.

Cannot wait for this one...

Villa seem to not be able to handle teams with pacey wingers who press, see both Newcastle matches and this one today. Still, we won three out of the last four games against Spurs. I wonder if the whiny drone from their fans will be as loud when they win as when they don't?

Villa seem to not be able to handle teams with pacey wingers who press, see both Newcastle matches and this one today. Still, we won three out of the last four games against Spurs. I wonder if the whiny drone from their fans will be as loud when they win as when they don't?
    That really didn’t do you justice, Simon… or, perhaps, it did. Have some grace - you were completely outplayed today by the better side by a country mile.

That really didn’t do you justice, Simon… or, perhaps, it did. Have some grace.
    Come now, Terry, you do whine a lot.

Master
    Liverpool have absolutely wrecked City here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can’t remember the last time I saw City play this badly but Liverpool have been excellent and much the better team. Diaz has been brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    Liverpool have absolutely wrecked City here.

City lucky to get a point there. Liverpool battered them in the second half.

Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by sevvy View Post
    City lucky to get a point there. Liverpool battered them in the second half.

The narrative that Liverpool get all the decisions in the mind of City fans should be put to bed here. Ederson should have been sent off for no attempt to play the ball and that was a stonewall penalty against Doku. Add to the fact that Odegaard should have conceded a pen at Anfield as well.

Fact is the table shows Arsenal on top, hopefully the narrative that it's a 2 horse race between City and Liverpool is dispelled, Arsenal have been waiting to pounce. Liverpool showed that you can hurt City by pressing their midfield but of course Arsenal already know that having beaten them already this season.

Will be an amazing last 10 games of the season in the title race!

Master
    Blog Entries
    I really thought Liverpool would get hurt today. I don't know how they keep going. Still don't think we will win much else but really hoping for Europa.

Diaz had a great game ,shame about the finishing,Elliot doesn’t do anything special but he ran his legs off all afternoon.

Master
    The narrative that Liverpool get all the decisions in the mind of City fans should be put to bed here. Ederson should have been sent off for no attempt to play the ball and that was a stonewall penalty against Doku. Add to the fact that Odegaard should have conceded a pen at Anfield as well.

Fact is the table shows Arsenal on top, hopefully the narrative that it's a 2 horse race between City and Liverpool is dispelled, Arsenal have been waiting to pounce. Liverpool showed that you can hurt City by pressing their midfield but of course Arsenal already know that having beaten them already this season.

Will be an amazing last 10 games of the season in the title race!
    Arsenal actually look the strongest of the three atm, if they keep rice fit it could be their year although next weekend will tell a lot.

Agree with you ederson should have gone and how that wasn't at least referred to the referee at the end to take a look is beyond me. The end of a great rivalry between pep and klopper, it has been something to behold.

Emery got the set up completely wrong today. Back 5, Tielemans wide left and Bailey up front. Utterly pitiful, beaten before we kicked off. Cacking his breeches at the thought of playing Spurs, really, really disappointing. And our next three games are teams we typically do quite badly against, and thanks to McGinn’s stupidity, we’ve got one fit midfielder. Great.

Quote Originally Posted by mk1974 View Post

Diaz had a great game ,shame about the finishing,Elliot doesn’t do anything special but he ran his legs off all afternoon.

Oh God, those missed chances from Diaz.

He was brilliant and infuriating in equal measure, but kept going and going so can't knock him at all.

Elliot created plenty of chances for others in the box, but I know what you mean - he's solid but not the most creative.

Salah was off his game, but understandable.

They should have been down to 10 after Ederson's attack on Nunez, and we should have had another pen. In any other area of the pitch isn't a foot raised that high considered dangerous play?

Anyway, cracking game and we had them on the ropes all 2nd half.

The top of the table is so tight, but Arsenal's goal difference is mad. It's going to the final day.

Master
    Blog Entries

Premier League 2023-24

Gutted we didn’t get the 3 points today. With the injuries I would have banked a point before kick off.

10 games to go, it’s going to the wire this I think.

Am I the only one who thinks Silva and walker were lucky to stay on the pitch too?

In the end thought and other great match conducted by two of the finest mangers in the current era. Jurgen’s departure is a loss for the PL as will Pep’s when he heads off.

Wonder what the Saudis would offer them to head east?
    Last edited by Middo; 10th March 2024 at 22:14.

Emery got the set up completely wrong today. Back 5, Tielemans wide left and Bailey up front. Utterly pitiful, beaten before we kicked off. Cacking his breeches at the thought of playing Spurs, really, really disappointing. And our next three games are teams we typically do quite badly against, and thanks to McGinn’s stupidity, we’ve got one fit midfielder. Great.
    Yup, we made Spurs look like Champions League contenders we were so woeful today. I thought Rogers looked great against Ajax, I couldn't work out why, against fast players, we put an extra player in that back line that's used to catch the opposition offside, inviting the pressure through our midfield, and not sticking Rogers on in Ramsey's position (at the expense of Lenglet), bringing Tielemans into the middle and sticking Bailey on right wing where he does his damage. With three in midfield and lots of pressure on the defence we ended up hoofing it long or tapping it around in defence. It was like watching Lambert's Villa all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    Oh God, those missed chances from Diaz.

He was brilliant and infuriating in equal measure, but kept going and going so can't knock him at all.

Elliot created plenty of chances for others in the box, but I know what you mean - he's solid but not the most creative.

Salah was off his game, but understandable.

They should have been down to 10 after Ederson's attack on Nunez, and we should have had another pen. In any other area of the pitch isn't a foot raised that high considered dangerous play?

Anyway, cracking game and we had them on the ropes all 2nd half.

The top of the table is so tight, but Arsenal's goal difference is mad. It's going to the final day.
    Attack ? Hilarious.
    Watch it back . Nunez does superbly to nick the ball past the keeper but there’s absolutely no malice in the tackle .

Definitely no malice. Nunez did well to knock it past him and contact was unavoidable. I thought Ederson could have stood up and blocked him, made him get past him. But hey, he’s the worldie goalkeeper, not me.

Attack ? Hilarious.
    Watch it back . Nunez does superbly to nick the ball past the keeper but there’s absolutely no malice in the tackle .

Chelsea should sign Danny Ings!

Quote Originally Posted by xxnick1975 View Post
    Chelsea should sign Danny Ings!

Ha ha.

He's always been a good player (although hardly used) and he certainly pulled our fat out of the fryer today.

That said one of Burnley's goals was an absolute worldie from Fofana and the other a pathetic own goal by Mavrapanos.

Thanks Gawd for Ings and Pacqueta.

Typical west Ham performance. Crap in the first half, brilliant in the second.
    Cheers,
    Neil.