closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 87 of 110 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast
Results 4,301 to 4,350 of 5470

Thread: Premier League 2023-24

Master
    Conor Bradley’s father died yesterday, so I think it’s fair to assume that Liverpool’s best player in the last 2 matches won’t be in the squad today.

They’ve done really well. I’ve watched them a lot this season and they’re always in games right to the end. They have a style that’s effective and it’s not just long ball and physical, they’re a decent side. I think they’ll stay up this season. People can be wrong eh!

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    I recall at the beginning of the season that you said Luton didn't deserve to be in the Premier league.

Four goals past you at your place?

Quote Originally Posted by PhilT View Post
    Conor Bradley’s father died yesterday, so I think it’s fair to assume that Liverpool’s best player in the last 2 matches won’t be in the squad today.
    Ah that's sad, RIP. Bradley's such a young boy so his dad must be no age.

Paging Big Sam to Stamford Bridge.

1st open goal missed by Arsenal. Only another 3 easy misses and then Jota will score

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    1st open goal missed by Arsenal. Only another 3 easy misses and then Jota will score
    I did fancy an Arsenal win today.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    I did fancy an Arsenal win today.
    They always come back so we need to push for a second. But Martinelli is shredding them currently

Arsenal so indecisive in the last third of the pitch. If I was a an Arsenal fan I would be frustrated at watching them

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by dandanthewatchman View Post
    Arsenal so indecisive in the last third of the pitch. If I was a an Arsenal fan I would be frustrated at watching them

Even more frustrated with that comedic defending.

Every. Single. Time.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Long way to go yet.

'What a shocking mistake by Saliba'.

Alisson: 'hold my beer'

Havertz would have missed that.

Oh dear. Calamity James part deux!

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

It’ll be hard to separate the man of the match .
    The best goalie in the world or the best defender in the world .
    Tough call

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilT View Post
    Poor lad. I did wonder why missing.

Liverpool not at the races today

2 cracking screw ups in this game - Trossards goal was great to watch though.
    TBH Liverpool haven't looked like a table topping team in this game.

Some humble pie to be eaten by some posters on here. 'Arsenal are sh*t' being one particular highlight from Ivan.

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    I admire your positivity Ryan. Liverpool will batter Arsenal next week and finish comfortably above them in the league. Arsenal are nowhere near Liverpool.
    Bump.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AshUK View Post
    2 cracking screw ups in this game - Trossards goal was great to watch though.
    TBH Liverpool haven't looked like a table topping team in this game.
    Knew they were in deep trouble as soon as I saw that damn awful away kit lol

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Tough call
    No idea but I am thinking 'put that in your documentary'.

Anyway box of tissues and off to RAWK I go.

Master
    Liverpool very poor today , I’d put a lot more of the blame at Alison’s feet than vvd but regardless we got what we deserved.

Fair play.

Bump.

Blog Entries
    Tough call
    Made me LOL - VvD is vastly over-rated IMHO.

The result makes the table more interesting.

z

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Made me LOL - VvD is vastly over-rated IMHO.

The result makes the table more interesting.

z
    IMHO VVD is a superb footballer.
    Allison is also a fantastic goalkeeper . It’s the media driven narrative that they are “ the best in the world ever “ that grates . It’s the same at Nited . A couple of good games and you’re the greatest ever .
    It’s patronising and generally waffle but people fall for it time and again .
    I’m pleased Arsenal won because they will drop more points in the run up than Liverpool.
    Still , the title race is on .
    #BoringbecauseCityalwayswin

IMHO VVD is a superb footballer.
    Allison is also a fantastic goalkeeper . It’s the media driven narrative that they are “ the best in the world ever “ that grates . It’s the same at Nited . A couple of good games and you’re the greatest ever .
    It’s patronising and generally waffle but people fall for it time and again .
    I’m pleased Arsenal won because they will drop more points in the run up than Liverpool.
    Still , the title race is on .
    #BoringbecauseCityalwayswin
    Yes I'm fully expecting to lose at West Ham next week to be honest.

But I did feel people were overexaggerating how good Liverpool are - they are a good team with a great manager but they aren't anywhere near as good as they were a few years ago and have had some luck go for them this season. Today their luck ran out - I guess Liverpool must be sick of North London.

No idea but I am thinking 'put that in your documentary'.

Anyway box of tissues and off to RAWK I go.
    Jeez !
    Good luck .
    If there is ever a forum that defines a cult, that place is it .
    David Koresh wouldve learned so much more from that place

Master
    Liverpool poor today and can’t plan for those type of calamity goals. still managed to dominate possesion away from home which is fairly embarrassing for Arsenal considering they are meant to be a possesion side.

Injuries to Nunez and Szb didn’t help those two would have definitely started.

Arsenal still miles away from be league, defeated has just given City the advantage over Liverpool.

Advantage Citeh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Poor performance but fair play Arsenal took their chances.

Didn’t deserve to win, but would have loved to have got out with a point.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    still managed to dominate possesion away from home which is fairly embarrassing for Arsenal considering they are meant to be a possesion side.

What would really be embarrassing is 'dominating' possession yet only managing 1 shot on target all game.

Liverpool didn't hit enough long balls.

Quote Originally Posted by xxnick1975 View Post
    Liverpool didn't hit enough long balls.

Agree. I didn't think Arsenal played that well. Saka missed a sitter and Havertz should have scored that 2nd half chance when through and he claimed a penalty.

The reason we were quite reticent to attack was I suspect because we know how potent Liverpool can be on the counter.

Jorginho was superb. He controlled the tempo and kept the passing going. Chelsea must look at him and wonder if it was wise to move him on given the garbage they currently have in midfield.

Thought the red for Konate was harsh IMHO. Ref was erratic, booking White for time wasting after 30 mins, harsh bookings for Konate, yet VVD was arguably lucky to get away with his foul play on Havertz who, misses aside, played well.

Martinelli they just couldn't handle. No idea why Arteta took him off even if Trossard scored as Martinelli was always an out ball.

Finally, and I know Klopp is an excellent manager but those 3 subs he made I thought weakened Liverpool, not strengthen them. Nunez did nothing when he came on, Elliott was OK but that's about it, Robertson is a quality player and maybe Klopp thought Gomez was on a yellow (again harsh) and that's why he came on but he did nothing.

Liverpool were never going to score in that match, they were toothless today.

Deserved win for Arsenal I thought.

That Liverpool midfield is so pedestrian- it’s actually quite interesting how toothless Liverpool look with out the long diagonal hoof to Salah to run on to.

Liverpool facing a rebuild without Klop will be interesting to watch

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by j17ykp View Post
    Deserved win for Arsenal I thought.

That Liverpool midfield is so pedestrian- it’s actually quite interesting how toothless Liverpool look with out the long diagonal hoof to Salah to run on to.

Liverpool facing a rebuild without Klop will be interesting to watch
    Ha what are you on about ?

Ha what are you on about ?

You honestly think any one from Liverpools midfield would get into another top 6 team ?

As for the diagonal hoof - tongue in cheek way of saying without Salah you had zero out ball of any threat what so ever.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by j17ykp View Post
    You honestly think any one from Liverpools midfield would get into another top 6 team ?

As for the diagonal hoof - tongue in cheek way of saying without Salah you had zero out ball of any threat what so ever.
    Is this your other account Ryan ?

Do I think any of Liverpool’s midfield, that’s top of the league, in the league cup final and still in every other competition would get into any top 6 side ?

Any other good questions ?

Is this your other account Ryan ?

Do I think any of Liverpool’s midfield, that’s top of the league, in the league cup final and still in every other competition would get into any top 6 side ?

Any other good questions ?

The best example of how to answer the question without answering the question I’ll see today.

As for being in cup finals top of the league in Feb and being a participant in completions I’d have thought as a Liverpool fan you’d not count chickens before they’ve hatched going off the past couple seasons - is that quadruple still on ?

Master
    Zzzzzzzzzz

Interesting stat. In 2 matches against City and Liverpool at the Emirates, Arsenal have limited the opposition to 1 shot on target each.

Master
    wish i could enjoy Chelsea more; their demise is one of the few pleasures in life that are free (well; £1b + but free to me)

unfortunately my own team being utter shite in the Championship means I can't truly enjoy it as relegation takes the edge of your most hated team just being really crap

Master
    I just dont get the love for this Arsenal team at all - It was a poor game and mistakes decided it on the day and Liverpool lacking firepower was obvious for all to see on the day, as for Arsenal I cant wait for it all to collapse the celebrations at the end and Arteta sprinting around the touchline lacked class - and it wont be long before the Arteta bandwagon raises its head when it all goes south

Elsewhere the real united struggled vs The european champions of London but our ability to take chances was the difference - chuffed for Hoiljund but Im gutted martinez is out now although thankfully no ACL hes our leader and by far and away the best ball playing defender at the back, Brighton bounced back in style, Villa were bang at it as were wolves and I must say a special mention to Luton - they have taken everyone by surprise of late and have real momentum
    Last edited by R0bertb00th; 5th February 2024 at 16:30.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by R0bertb00th View Post
    I just dont get the love for this Arsenal team at all - It was a poor game and mistakes decided it on the day and Liverpool lacking firepower was obvious for all to see on the day, as for Arsenal I cant wait for it all to collapse the celebrations at the end and Arteta sprinting around the touchline lacked class - and it wont be long before the Arteta bandwagon raises its head when it all goes south

Elsewhere the real united struggled vs The european champions of London but our ability to take chances was the difference - chuffed for Hoiljund but Im gutted martinez is out now although thankfully no ACL hes our leader and by far and away the best ball playing defender at the back, Brighton bounced back in style, Villa were bang at it as were wolves and I must say a special mention to Luton - they have taken everyone by surprise of late and have real momentum
    There is no love - which pundits, fans, or any section of the media that isn't overtly partisan towards Arsenal already, is showing any love?

Yesterday Sky pundits like Neville and Carragher said we had to win to stay in the mix. We win comfortably and they say our celebration showed lack of maturity? So can't really win.

It was a great game but if you hate both teams you'd never say so. Fine. There were a couple of huge defensive mistakes but most goals do come from a mistake, and often these are forced through relentless pressure. Arsenal exerted pressure on Liverpool in a way they've never experienced on record, with an xG count of 3.76. On top of that Arsenal were incredible out of possession and closed Liverpool down to just 0.41xG - their lowest in any league game this season. This isn't a one-off as Arsenal have consistently restricted opposition to marginal chances this season.

Liverpool do not lack firepower, they had Diaz, Jota and Gakpo start, Nunez off the bench... Only Salah was missing. Now, sure, that's a huge miss for any team - but we beat City at home without Saka and beat Liverpool without our number 1 striker Gabriel Jesus. Add to that we've missed Partey and Timber all season who are first XI players.

Arsenal are a legitimately superb team on their day, but not consistent enough to win a league - yet. Without a reliable source of goals like Haaland or Salah that may continue to be the case. However on our day we have proven we are as good as Liverpool or City and we don't need luck or them to play badly.

Arteta is a sensation turning around an absolute joke of a club and putting us in title contention for the first time in 15-20 years - in his first managerial job. Klopp can pull a hammy and run around the pitch gurning to celebrate, Pep can roll around all over the place, Spurs players do lap of honour in September with their kids, and countless other examples up and down the league - but Arteta celebrates and it's 'over the top'. Our captain has a nice moment with lifelong Gooner and club photographer, gets ripped to shreds for it. When did the game get so miserable? Or is it just when it's Arsenal? Go back and watch Ferguson, Wenger, any other successful manager and they all celebrated when they won, as is right. It's joyous when you win, especially big games!!

I don't care that nobody likes Arteta or Arsenal and that you have a bunch of excuses as to why we keep falling upwards. The why doesn't matter and I'm confident this team will continue to get better and will win big trophies soon.

This title is not over and it's going to be a great watch with the battle between City, Liverpool, Arsenal and maybe more! Long may it continue.

Sent from my Pixel 8 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jon8oy View Post
    There is no love - which pundits, fans, or any section of the media that isn't overtly partisan towards Arsenal already, is showing any love?

Yesterday Sky pundits like Neville and Carragher said we had to win to stay in the mix. We win comfortably and they say our celebration showed lack of maturity? So can't really win.

It was a great game but if you hate both teams you'd never say so. Fine. There were a couple of huge defensive mistakes but most goals do come from a mistake, and often these are forced through relentless pressure. Arsenal exerted pressure on Liverpool in a way they've never experienced on record, with an xG count of 3.76. On top of that Arsenal were incredible out of possession and closed Liverpool down to just 0.41xG - their lowest in any league game this season. This isn't a one-off as Arsenal have consistently restricted opposition to marginal chances this season.

Liverpool do not lack firepower, they had Diaz, Jota and Gakpo start, Nunez off the bench... Only Salah was missing. Now, sure, that's a huge miss for any team - but we beat City at home without Saka and beat Liverpool without our number 1 striker Gabriel Jesus. Add to that we've missed Partey and Timber all season who are first XI players.

Arsenal are a legitimately superb team on their day, but not consistent enough to win a league - yet. Without a reliable source of goals like Haaland or Salah that may continue to be the case. However on our day we have proven we are as good as Liverpool or City and we don't need luck or them to play badly.

Arteta is a sensation turning around an absolute joke of a club and putting us in title contention for the first time in 15-20 years - in his first managerial job. Klopp can pull a hammy and run around the pitch gurning to celebrate, Pep can roll around all over the place, Spurs players do lap of honour in September with their kids, and countless other examples up and down the league - but Arteta celebrates and it's 'over the top'. Our captain has a nice moment with lifelong Gooner and club photographer, gets ripped to shreds for it. When did the game get so miserable? Or is it just when it's Arsenal? Go back and watch Ferguson, Wenger, any other successful manager and they all celebrated when they won, as is right. It's joyous when you win, especially big games!!

I don't care that nobody likes Arteta or Arsenal and that you have a bunch of excuses as to why we keep falling upwards. The why doesn't matter and I'm confident this team will continue to get better and will win big trophies soon.

This title is not over and it's going to be a great watch with the battle between City, Liverpool, Arsenal and maybe more! Long may it continue.

A very knowledgeable, mature and persuasive post. Really enjoyed reading that.

Don't forget 'Spitty' Carragher thinks it's OK to spit at a 14 year old girl, but Odegaard can't take a photo of the club photographer because that's a step too far.....

Ooh Brentford.....

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Thom4711 View Post
    A very knowledgeable, mature and persuasive post. Really enjoyed reading that.
    Thank you! That's kind and appreciated.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jon8oy View Post

I actually enjoyed your comments - well considered and passionate come back - were all entitled to opinions

For the record I’m not a fan of Klopp and his punching the air antics every week either and many of your other examples regards celebrating I also agree with

I do think however that when you celebrate in that manner it shows a sign of desperation and also puts you under undue pressure and thats what crippled arsenal last season for me - its the desperation to be able to compete
    Regards your stats - I’m no fan of the XG stuff it can be manipulated how you see fit but for me it was a good time to play Liverpool without a fully fit and firing front 3

I’m a United fan they’re our biggest rivals so it’s not as if I’m in that camp either

I just think theese ott celebrations can come back and bite you as it were - only time will tell if you go into win anything but I don’t see arsenal in the same bracket consistently challenge for Major honours on all fronts and I’m not an arteta fan personally - I get passion is part of the game but I think that then portrays to the stands and the players and for me personally its all a bit contrived

For all that said I do take your comments and long for the days when I can consider about my own team competing for anything

Last edited by R0bertb00th; 6th February 2024 at 12:55.

Master
    I despise Klopp punching the air to the Kop.

Makes me cringe when I see it.

Only manager / staff member I have a real issue with is the Newcastle number 2. What an absolute idiot he is.

Agreed on Klopp and JT. Levels of annoyance are obviously personal but for me Arteta is marginally ahead of Klopp as the most annoying. He’s such a child. I just can’t watch him or listen to him. Why is he always outside his technical area? Why doesn’t he get told to stop it? Everyone else (except Klopp) manages to stay inside the lines. His over the top gesticulating and goal celebrating are toe curling.

Can’t stand the bloke.

I despise Klopp punching the air to the Kop.

Makes me cringe when I see it.

Only manager / staff member I have a real issue with is the Newcastle number 2. What an absolute idiot he is.

I find it deeply ironic when people who have a common interest in the sport as well as in other walks of life (watches here) can go for each other's jugular metaphorically here and literally in the stands but call "child" a manager -whose raison d'être (and mortgage) depends on a good result- releases the pressure he and others have put on him when the whistle blows the end of a match.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.