closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 112 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112
Results 5,551 to 5,599 of 5599

Thread: Premier League 2023-24

Blog Entries
    No dog in this race but that was a disgraceful decision but on the bright side maybe he is now mortgage free🤑
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    No dog in this race but that was a disgraceful decision but on the bright side maybe he is now mortgage free🤑

No doubt a couple of UAE ref gigs coming his way

Cheeky 6 figure payment for a jog in the park reffing the equivalent of a Sunday league game.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    No dog in this race but that was a disgraceful decision but on the bright side maybe he is now mortgage free螺
    But that was class from Harland the leap was amazing
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

This is an embarrassment and no doubt a very hard watch for the other PL managers who get sod all week after week.

Next season just award the PL title to City on the opening day and we can leave it to the refs to ensure everything goes their way.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    This is an embarrassment and no doubt a very hard watch for the other PL managers who get sod all week after week.

Next season just award the PL to City on the opening day and we can leave it to the refs to ensure everything goes their way.
    2nd pen was definitely the correct decision.

They were lucky they didn’t concede another when Aké got pushed out of the way

Quote Originally Posted by j17ykp View Post
    No doubt a couple of UAE ref gigs coming his way

Cheeky 6 figure payment for a jog in the park reffing the equivalent of a Sunday league game.
    Nah
    There’s no way he’s getting United -Arsenal next week

It’s all hot air, the PL season ended the minute Liverpool and Arsenal dropped points and put control in City’s hands. They haven’t dropped a point since and like the last few seasons they will win every game and be crowned champions again.

The bottom of the table is more interesting.
    I must admit, I find your dislike of City quite funny.
    After all that financial cheating your team has been convicted of, you’d think most Everton fans would keep their heads down , yet here we are :)

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    I must admit, I find your dislike of City quite funny.
    After all that financial cheating your team has been convicted of, you’d think most Everton fans would keep their heads down , yet here we are :)
    I don’t like cheating, players crowding around the ref and Phil Foden’s training in the dark arts is coming on nicely, go down like you have been shot by a sniper, roll around slapping the pitch as hard as you can and as soon as you see the ref give a yellow card, jump to your feet and run off, cheating little turd.

I don’t like cheating, players crowding around the ref and Phil Foden’s training in the dark arts is coming on nicely, go down like you have been shot by a sniper, roll around slapping the pitch as hard as you can and as soon as you see the ref give a yellow card, jump to your feet and run off, cheating little turd.
    Bet you were pleased when Richarlison left then!

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

I don’t like cheating, players crowding around the ref and Phil Foden’s training in the dark arts is coming on nicely, wgo down like you have been shot by a sniper, roll around slapping the pitch as hard as you can and as soon as you see the ref give a yellow card, jump to your feet and run off, cheating little turd.
    Do you prefer your players to kick goalkeepers in the face whilst prone on the floor ?
    I know which cheating little turd I’d prefer to watch .

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sevvy View Post
    You can clearly see Havertz starting to drag his foot along the ground about a foot before the keeper. And as for the Bournemouth disallowed goal, that was a ludicrous decision. Given how much money the PL is swimming in the standard of officiating is shocking, both on the pitch and VAR.

Still, superb football for Arsenal’s 3rd. That run from Rice to get the pass from Jesus shows why Arsenal are a different team this year.
    Maybe the ref realised what a f@#$ up he made earlier along with his mates in Stockley Park.

http://https://twitter.com/paddypower/status/1786723618816155733?t=8LAHz3H-dBOnNqGuPUCGkA&s=19

Quote Originally Posted by xxnick1975 View Post
    Bet you were pleased when Richarlison left then!

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk
    I was, never rated the guy. Let’s just say the PL is turning into the Scottish Prem with City being Celtic. It is not good for football. I appreciate that there are a lot on here who are fanatical club supporters and that is as far as they go, but they are not football supporters. Any team winning the league year after year be it City, United or Liverpool is not good for football. It’s great for the small minded minority, but shit for the rest of us.

The best thing to happen to the PL in the last 10 years was Leicester winning it.

I was, never rated the guy. Let’s just say the PL is turning into the Scottish Prem with City being Celtic. It is not good for football. I appreciate that there are a lot on here who are fanatical club supporters and that is as far as they go, but they are not football supporters. Any team winning the league year after year be it City, United or Liverpool is not good for football. It’s great for the small minded minority, but shit for the rest of us.

The best thing to happen to the PL in the last 10 years was Leicester winning it.
    I'm not sure the PL is turning into the SPL. If City win the league it will be by just 2 points. And that's ahead of an Arsenal team who arguably have better future potential than the current City team (although I think Gvardiol will turn into a monster) who are coming to the end of the cycle for some of their players - in addition Arsenal have a wonderkid coming through who is touted as potentially England's most talented player for a generation.

Add Chelsea likely to come good at some stage, eventually Man Utd will stop being stupid, Liverpool with youngsters coming through.

So you’re only a football supporter if your team aren’t winning trophies ?
    From a selfish perspective, it’s great watching City in the hunt for trophies year after year but it doesn’t make me less of a football supporter than when I endured 20 odd years of yo yo football , regularly getting a good hiding on the pitch, never in with a chance of a trophy etc etc .
    To say the Premier League is boring is simply subscribing to the popular narrative because City are so successful. The title has gone to the last game on a number of occasions in the last ten or so seasons. How is that boring ?
    City have elevated the standard in the league for any number of teams too. Look how good Arsenal have become . Liverpool regularly competed with City and have had any number of talented squads, Chelsea have to come good sooner or later , Villa have improved no end and will continue to do so. Newcastle, Man Utd , Tottenham all have the potential to challenge.
    There simply isn’t an easy game in this league and that’s what makes it the most difficult to win worldwide.

Just saw the Bruno push in the Burnley v Toon game . That’s more of a penalty than both Arsenals and Citys .
    VAR definitely needs binning ,or improving . PGMOL need to be removed from the VAR decision making . It’s farcical .

I agree regarding Leicester, but they sadly appear to be one offs.

Football is a business these days whether fans like it or not and the top of the leagues being dominated by the big clubs is no different to high street stores closing because of the dominance of Amazon etc. The single biggest difference is the emotional attachment that goes with football.

Personally, I just don't see a solution when the governing bodies are just as, if not more, obsessed with money than the clubs. The money that goes into winning the PL and the CL will only widen the gulf that is already there.

If someone wants to come in and throw a wad of their own money into a club with a view to making it a worldwide success, good luck to them. Anyone who has watched "Welcome to Wrexham" will see the joy that Reynolds' purchase of the club has done for the whole community, not to mention the growing fan base around the world because of Reynolds, but they are also being sniped at by rival clubs for having budgets they can't compete with.

Master
    I was, never rated the guy. Let’s just say the PL is turning into the Scottish Prem with City being Celtic.
    Genuinely interested as I can’t remember but were there similar complaints when Liverpool and Manchester United dominated?

Someone linked to this on Twitter.

Emerson Royal currently giving one of the worst left back performances I've ever seen. City will murder Spurs. Relying on Fulham now.

Spurs have no heart whatsoever. Ange is clueless. I can’t see Levy giving him a transfer kitty.

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Spurs have no heart whatsoever. Ange is clueless. I can’t see Levy giving him a transfer kitty.
    I’ve completely lost faith in him. Why on earth we’re not playing Van de Ven at left back with Dragusin in the middle is beyond me. No plan B is beyond the pale, though.

On the positive side a new DVD 'Spurs at Anfield, minute 72 to 90' will soon be available to buy.

I’m not surprised you’ve lost faith Tony. While he was new he got results but as soon as he gave it all the “it’s who we are mate, I’ll never change mate” everyone knew how to beat him. He’s nowhere near an EPL manager. He’s just waiting for his taxi.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    I’ve completely lost faith in him. Why on earth we’re not playing Van de Ven at left back with Dragusin in the middle is beyond me. No plan B is beyond the pale, though.

Blog Entries
    You can fool all the people some of the time or fool some of the people all of the time .
    3 manager of the month awards early doors, always getting found out in this league.

That said , finishing 5th is a massive improvement considering the loss of Harry !
    Last edited by numberjack; 5th May 2024 at 20:25.

Master
    I’m not surprised you’ve lost faith Tony. While he was new he got results but as soon as he gave it all the “it’s who we are mate, I’ll never change mate” everyone knew how to beat him. He’s nowhere near an EPL manager. He’s just waiting for his taxi.
    Bit dramatic isn’t it, he’s 4 points above Newcastle and lost one of the top strikers in the world before he set foot in the door.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He never had Kane so hadn’t lost him. Yeah I was possibly a little dramatic but Spurs fans on socials and radio phone ins tonight are saying the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    Bit dramatic isn’t it, he’s 4 points above Newcastle and lost one of the top strikers in the world before he set foot in the door.

Master
    Over the Premiership history, Tottenham never really had problems scoring goals, it was always letting them in!

I’m all for giving Ange time. Yes he’s proved to be a little naive and needs to mix the tactics up with occasional long balls, but he has track record beyond Scotland and even Fergie needed time early on at Man Utd. It’s ridiculous to keep churning through managers, and I would have been delighted to take 5th at the start of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Halitosis View Post
    I’m all for giving Ange time. Yes he’s proved to be a little naive and needs to mix the tactics up with occasional long balls, but he has track record beyond Scotland and even Fergie needed time early on at Man Utd. It’s ridiculous to keep churning through managers, and I would have been delighted to take 5th at the start of the season.
    I'm honestly not so sure. He's not demonstrated that he knows more than one way to set the team up and play, and some of his selection decisions have left me scratching my head.

We're almost inevitably going to suffer five straight defeats at a time when we had to demonstrate that we can compete against the top sides (as well as Chelsea!), and instead of CL football there's a good chance of us bing in the Europe Conference League next season.

It's really not looking very good at all. We should have gone for Poch IMO.

I'm honestly not so sure. He's not demonstrated that he knows more than one way to set the team up and play, and some of his selection decisions have left me scratching my head.

We're almost inevitably going to suffer five straight defeats at a time when we had to demonstrate that we can compete against the top sides (as well as Chelsea!), and instead of CL football there's a good chance of us bing in the Europe Conference League next season.

It's really not looking very good at all. We should have gone for Poch IMO.
    Don't worry, I'm confident that you'll have your annual transformation into peak 1970 Brazil against City

Also you won't lose 5 in a row as you've got Burnley next, you and I could team up and would beat Burnley so I'm sure Spurs can win against them
    Last edited by ryanb741; 6th May 2024 at 10:04.

No, you have fourth place. No, no, I insist, you have it. Etc.
    "A man of little significance"

Master
    I’m not sure what people expect these managers to do.

He’s 5th in the premier league with Spurs.

They’re not better than City, Arsenal or Liverpool so 4th is the absolute maximum for them.

They can still finish 4th or will miss out by a few points at the end of the season.

They finished 8th last year with Kane scoring 30 goals.

Ange has had a good first season and been a success.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    I’m not sure what people expect these managers to do.

He’s 5th in the premier league with Spurs.

They’re not better than City, Arsenal or Liverpool so 4th is the absolute maximum for them.

They can still finish 4th or will miss out by a few points at the end of the season.

They finished 8th last year with Kane scoring 30 goals.

Ange has had a good first season and been a success.

I don’t always agree with Ivan, but he is spot on here….

Quote Originally Posted by Bluemoon7 View Post
    I don’t always agree with Ivan, but he is spot on here….
    I disagree, as a life-long Spurs fan who's been watching them live for 53/54 years now.

Pretty much every Spurs fan I know feels similarly too, and our performances over the past few months make it evident why. It's been relegation form, from a manager who admits he only knows one way to play.

Master
    I disagree, as a life-long Spurs fan who's been watching them live for 53/54 years now.

Pretty much every Spurs fan I know feels similarly too, and our performances over the past few months make it evident why. It's been relegation form, from a manager who admits he only knows one way to play.
    Relegation form ?

In the last 4 defeats he’s played 2 of the top 3 sides in the league.

Honestly you need to take a step back and look without any type of emotion.

Moyes out, Lopetegui in.

West Ham who don't spend money (the funds reinvesyed from the Ruce sale aside) appoint Lopetegui who left Wolves because they wouldn't spend money.

Own goal by West Ham IMHO.

As a City fan, this is the one game I am least looking forward to in the run in. No PL wins or goals since the move to the new stadium with Spurs' counter attack speed likely to cause City loads of problems. If we've still got it in our own hands on May 19 I'll be a very happy camper.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Moyes out, Lopetegui in.

West Ham who don't spend money (the funds reinvesyed from the Ruce sale aside) appoint Lopetegui who left Wolves because they wouldn't spend money.

Own goal by West Ham IMHO.
    They spent a fortune in 21 and 2022, including the £50m on Paqueta. £100m+ net each year.

Don't worry, I'm confident that you'll have your annual transformation into peak 1970 Brazil against City

Also you won't lose 5 in a row as you've got Burnley next, you and I could team up and would beat Burnley so I'm sure Spurs can win against them
    Son saving his goals and running for that game, Maddison turning into peak Gazza I can see it now

Then you have Van der Ven continuing his audition to be the next Sol Campbell and join the right team in north London - would be great backup for Gabi 😉

Remember when at the beginning of this thread you were thinking Spurs would finish 6th or 7th, then Ange was revealed and even then you swore that Levy would never demand 4th place...

Last games were bad but Liverpool and Arsenal have had bad games too, and neither would have considered getting rid of their manager, even more so in his first year. Despite those you are 7 points adrift of CL qualification with a match in hand...
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Villa look like we won’t get another point, so I’ve stuck some money on Spurs to nick 4th to make sure we get over the line. 16/1 currently, that’ll drop massively after next weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Space Traveller View Post
    Villa look like we won’t get another point, so I’ve stuck some money on Spurs to nick 4th to make sure we get over the line. 16/1 currently, that’ll drop massively after next weekend.

I think you’ve probably wasted your money; even if Villa lose their next two games, Spurs have to win two and draw their third at the very least. And score a few goals too. If Villa manage to get a point, Spurs have to win their last three and turn around a nine goal GD deficit.

It seems unlikely to me.

How is that not a red.

Palace have been excellent tonight.

Here's to Arsenal avenging the 8-2 defeat at the weekend.

I've got a suitcase that shows more mobility and agility than Casemiro.

Master
    Here's to Arsenal avenging the 8-2 defeat at the weekend.

I've got a suitcase that shows more mobility and agility than Casemiro.
    No worries ahead Utd are a spent force and will offer no resistance. It’s been said many a time and for many clubs, but they need a total clear out from top to bottom. They all are a disgrace to Manchester United football club.

Quote Originally Posted by Space Traveller View Post

I wish!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    I think you’ve probably wasted your money; even if Villa lose their next two games, Spurs have to win two and draw their third at the very least. And score a few goals too. If Villa manage to get a point, Spurs have to win their last three and turn around a nine goal GD deficit.

It seems unlikely to me.
    You might not have seen us against Brighton, but we were abject, running on fumes. Spurs have got Burnely and Sheffield United and I expect them to batter both. It then comes down to the home game against Man City who they nearly always beat at the Tottenham Stadium. So a 2-0 win for Spurs against Burnley, 3-0 v Sheffield United and 1-1 v City. 2-0 home defeat to Liverpool for Villa, and 2-0 away to Palace who are in great form, and there you go. Points and goal difference out the window.

I've seen this story too many times.

Three days ago I messaged my brother saying the EPL would uphold Forest's points deduction so relegation would be decided by the remaining games and not them. Bottlers.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Palace have been excellent tonight.
    Pity they are unlikely to keep
    That squad together for next season.