timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 70 of 110 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,500 of 5494

Thread: Premier League 2023-24

Master
    Blog Entries
    Everton won again. Only saying

Hope we get get 10 points docked next season.

Quote Originally Posted by hilly10 View Post

Get them points back and knock le Arse out of the CL .
    Or citeh .

Fair play, you're flying. You'll get a few of those points back too.

Quote Originally Posted by hilly10 View Post

Very strange game yesterday. Palace were absolute pants, one of the worst sides City have faced .
    Saying that, City were pedestrian yesterday. The chances created meant we should’ve been out of sight in the first half , and even at 2-0 we should’ve added a third.
    Their first goal came out of nowhere and the second was a comedy of errors. Foden decided to take on the whole Palace team and then Bernardo tried a Cruyff turn in his own half ! Foden then compounded it by trying to kick the Palace player out of the stadium .
    They could’ve even won it at the end .
    That’s a lot of points dropped at home recently but I’ll still say that only Villa have been the better team against us this season .
    We have to hit our straps soon otherwise it’ll be all about the Chumps League again .

All pales in comparison to the kid at Luton of course. I hope he makes a full recovery but never want to see him pulling a pair of football boots on again .

Re Arsenal we've lost twice but the only team that was better than us this season was Chelsea away - a game we drew but a game we were lucky to get anything from

How the frack is Coufal still on the pitch?

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    How the frack is Coufal still on the pitch?
    He’s not now lol
    But he’s a lucky lad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Villa made hard work of that today, and we were looking at a defeat to Brentford until that talentless thug Ben Mee was sent off for being a talentless thug. Still, good teams find a way to win despite not being at their best, and that's what we did today. We'll be top, even if only overnight if we beat Sheffield United on Friday! C'mon you Villa boys!

Really daft red card for Kamara today though. Game was winding down and there was some trivial nonsense between Emi Martinez and Maupay. All of a sudden everybody joins in and Bouba walks for shoving somebody in the neck.

Arsenal missed a hatful of chances. Luckily it was OK today but we saw last week vs Villa we were made to pay for missing some fairly easy chances.

Didn't see the Villa game today - there was some noise on the Man City forum that Brentford had some decent penalty shouts turned down, but Villa will be delighted at coming from behind to win there as Brentford away is no picnic

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Arsenal missed a hatful of chances. Luckily it was OK today but we saw last week vs Villa we were made to pay for missing some fairly easy chances.

Didn't see the Villa game today - there was some noise on the Man City forum that Brentford had some decent penalty shouts turned down, but Villa will be delighted at coming from behind to win there as Brentford away is no picnic
    There was a bit of wrestling between McGinn and Mee-anderthal first half at a corner, but if you give those there'd be ten a game. Other than that can't think of any others. I do like the fact that Man City fans are now moaning that pluckly little Villa should have had penalties given against them, shows how far we've come!

Fairly confident on who Man of the Match will be today at Anfield

I feel dirty, but am rooting for Man U today.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Hard to keep awake during that first half. Liverpool giving the ball away at nearly every opportunity. United can’t string a pass together and that goalie is a joke. They both deserve less than 0-0

Surely it’s time these two seize the initiative.
    Both their main strikers are absolute pony.
    Signing Taylor Swift and Christina Aguilera to play in their respective positions instead would be a huge boon and they could entertain the crowd when the game goes flat .
    Like the first 45 minutes .

Two terrible teams and a terrible game today. So far. Nunez is a pr*ck, can’t stand him.

It's not been a classic by any means. How much did Man U pay for Antony, pound-for-pound he must be the worst ever Premier League signing, absolutely bloody terrible.

Agreed. Although Stephane Guivarche would run him close.

Quote Originally Posted by Space Traveller View Post
    It's not been a classic by any means. How much did Man U pay for Antony, pound-for-pound he must be the worst ever Premier League signing, absolutely bloody terrible.

Ah there it is, the dodgy ref decision, right on cue.

Darwin Runsalot and Rasmus Birtles would like a word .

Sky owe me a refund for that game.

Was that two yellow cards in the same incident for Dalot?!

Quote Originally Posted by dandanthewatchman View Post
    Sky owe me a refund for that game.

It was indeed awful (save for the first five minutes)!

Master
    Terrible watch that was.

Err no. Bebe takes that title by a long way.

BTW the Mamchester United team bus was damaged by objects being thrown at it as it made its way to Anfield.

I'm assuming it was Romanian fans?

BTW the Mamchester United team bus was damaged by objects being thrown at it as it made its way to Anfield.

You should apologise for your remarks otherwise some folk might be offended.

Matty Cash, probably.

Master
    Happy with the point at Anfield given recent performances.
    A bore draw, yes, but that’ll do right now against a team with a 100% record at home until today.

Agreed. We play them in January and I’d take a boring 0-0 now.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    Happy with the point at Anfield given recent performances.
    A bore draw, yes, but that’ll do right now against a team with a 100% record at home until today.

Liverpool have no midfield and I think have overachieved so far.

Arsenal really need to win next week - a 1-0 would do but given recent results a draw wouldn't be all that useful.

Won't be easy of course as Liverpool have some superb attacking options but Arsenal should absolutely swarm that midfield next week.

That was almost as bad as the Mourinho 0-0.

I rarely watch Sky due to other commitments always getting in the way, but we got back home early so I paid for a day pass to watch it with the boy.

We both wished I hadn't bothered. Liverpool and the fans were flat as a fart, and Man U just parked up and absorbed it.

Passes too short, too long, control all over the place, players slipping, falling over. It was a shocker all round.

Dreading the next couple of weeks, which is always when Liverpool forget to how to play and lose the plot.

At least we didn't lose, but that's hardly consolation.

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    That was almost as bad as the Mourinho 0-0.

At least Jose had a plan! We play like a pub team every week now, no one has a clue what the plan is. If there is one.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Two terrible teams and a terrible game today. So far. Nunez is a pr*ck, can’t stand him.
    Liverpool are a terrible team? Glad us drawing gave you some little bit of joy once the pride from finishing bottom of your cl group wore off 😂

Master
    Poor game today, which is exactly what united wanted but Liverpool weren’t clever enough to break them down. Must do better against the bottlers next week.

Firstly, I said they were terrible teams today. Not terrible teams per se. And secondly, at least we we’re in the CL.

Quote Originally Posted by cyrusir View Post
    Liverpool are a terrible team? Glad us drawing gave you some little bit of joy once the pride from finishing bottom of your cl group wore off 

Master
    Poor game today, which is exactly what united wanted but Liverpool weren’t clever enough to break them down. Must do better against the bottlers next week.
    Too many players looked off the pace. Hopefully Arteta will help motivate us for the next game as he has form for doing.

You’ll beat Arsenal and also find top form again by the time we play you in January, don’t worry. I think we have a psychological block with Liverpool that it’s in our heads now that we won’t win. I’m definitely not looking forward to that game. Your forward line can be frightening and Nunez only seems to score against us.

Controlled Arsenal performance against a decent Brighton team, we are still lacking that killer mentality - should have been 3 or 4 up in the first half. Liverpool away next week will be hard. City will start to win soon, could be very close this season for the title and the top 4.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Firstly, I said they were terrible teams today. Not terrible teams per se. And secondly, at least we were in the CL.
    i quoted your post that wasn’t how it read, but your revised assertion was correct both teams were pretty terrible on the day! and yes you were in the cl and it went we well you aren’t even in the Thursday cup now

Quote Originally Posted by NikGixer750 View Post
    Controlled Arsenal performance against a decent Brighton team, we are still lacking that killer mentality - should have been 3 or 4 up in the first half. Liverpool away next week will be hard. City will start to win soon, could be very close this season for the title and the top 4.
    Happier now that Havertz seems to have remembered where the back of the net is?

I tell you what, he's turning into a pretty decent option in midfield. The last half dozen games he's been among our better performers - sure he has that languid style about him but he gets into some good positions and the players seem to be finding his runs now. Should have scored with a header yesterday mind you but when Partey comes back fit he'll struggle to get back into the team I reckon!

It’s still a lot of money Arsenal have shelled out for a converted striker.

Oh, I don't know, how many goals has Sancho scored this season?
    "A man of little significance"

At least with Havertz we know there's a player in there that needs to find his place in their team. Antony has never looked a player. He doesn't have blistering pace and can only stand on his right leg so defenders just need to show him onto it every time. Awful.

It’s still a lot of money Arsenal have shelled out for a converted striker.

Not at all, he's still rubbish. Yes he has scored a few goals recently but when you watch the matches he's a ghost for 90% of it. Which when playing CM is not great. He is playing a similar role to Odegaard and Rice, but compared to those 2 he does nothing.

I know it's not the Premier League, but not sure it's worth starting a separate thread for the League Cup. But bloody hell, Trippier, not the greatest few weeks for the lad!

Just watched the end of the game and penalty shoot out . Judging by the ever so slightly over the top celebrations, I can only offer my congratulations to Chelsea for winning the Premier League , The Boat Race and Wimbledon tonight .

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Just watched the end of the game and penalty shoot out . Judging by the ever so slightly over the top celebrations, I can only offer my congratulations to Chelsea for winning the Premier League , The Boat Race and Wimbledon tonight .
    Lol!!

It’s a while since we had something to cheer about