closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 27 of 110 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,350 of 5464

Thread: Premier League 2023-24

Master
    Ah the Newcastle assistant is an absolute idiot.

Howe needs to to get rid of him sharpish.

The Twitter account showing all the clips of him is toe curling stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    I honestly feared the worse after 30 minutes yesterday. I thought Liverpool were going to give us a proper good hiding.

Then it all seemed to click into place. Looking back now it does feel like two points dropped rather than one won.

Worrying to see Reece James limp off again. That doesn’t bode well. I thought he was outstanding up until that point. I wouldn’t be surprised to see us suddenly go and get Lampty back from Brighton as cover. Seems we are trying to get most of their squad just now.

Jackson looks a proper handful up front. Hopefully he will soon get his first goal and push on from there. Fernandez too looked a completely different player to the one from last season. Lots of positives. Let’s see how we are when everyone has played half a dozen games. Might actually have learned some of the new names and faces by then too.

Seemed almost retro to see a kit with no main sponsor on the front too.

At least he doesn't have to worry about being disembodied if he doesn't win the league

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Another dig at us by the shark-toothed bell end gob shite Klippity Klopp. We’re living rent free in his head.
    newcastle living rent free in klopps heads

howe's boyfriend needs to know his role to be fair, it was a good shout.

Quote Originally Posted by cyrusir View Post
    newcastle living rent free in klopps heads

howe's boyfriend needs to know his role to be fair, it was a good shout.
    Why does everyone get so triggered by Tindall having a higher profile (and lovely hair) more than most assistant managers?

Why does it bother or effect anyone so much?

They clearly work well as a team so it’s hard to criticise from an objective perspective.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by smokey99 View Post
    Why does everyone get so triggered by Tindall having a higher profile (and lovely hair) more than most assistant managers?

Why does it bother or effect anyone so much?

They clearly work well as a team so it’s hard to criticise from an objective perspective.

As I’ve said earlier it’s toe curling to watch.

I’m enjoying managers blanking him now as he marches up to them with his hand out and shaking Howes hand first.

Guys. As you all know I'm extremely knowledgeable about football and I've been openly sharing my insights with the forum. I've had several people message me to tell me that this is a service I should be charging for. I had a long think about it last night and I've decided that I'll continue to post on here and I'll waive any subscription fees for tz-uk members but if you wanted to contribute to the fundraiser then I'll leave that up to you. Fair's fair.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Guys. As you all know I'm extremely knowledgeable about football and I've been openly sharing my insights with the forum. I've had several people message me to tell me that this is a service I should be charging for. I had a long think about it last night and I've decided that I'll continue to post on here and I'll waive any subscription fees for tz-uk members but if you wanted to contribute to the fundraiser then I'll leave that up to you. Fair's fair.
    If your expectation that Lopetegui is Spurs' manager by Christmas comes to pass, I'll put £50 in the fundraiser. I think that's fair.

I'm lost.....

In may 2022, Chelsea posted a £128m loss,they have since spent the best part of £800m, lost European football and no shirt sponsor....yet FFP does not touch them.....

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Chewitt13 View Post
    I'm lost.....

In may 2022, Chelsea posted a £128m loss,they have since spent the best part of £800m, lost European football and no shirt sponsor....yet FFP does not touch them.....

https://youtube.com/shorts/TbDpbGcVDRg?feature=share

Interesting games today. Spurs pressed really well in midfield and were far more dynamic in the centre of the field thank they were last season. Bissouma looked good, Maddison was excellent. Spurs looked wobbly at the back though and Richarlison was poor. Brentford's penalty was soft.
    Yeah, I agree with your last two comments; a bit too simplistic regarding the defence, though.

On the left-hand side with Van de Ven and Udogie, I thought we looked really solid. In fact, both players had superb debuts. On the right, however, we suffered when losing Romero; it’s clear that Sanchez is not good enough but, for now, he’s the best backup we have. Emerson is playing for the first time in an inverted full back role. I suspect that he needs to hone his skills in that respect; he seemed to be an ever present in midfield but was caught out of position more than once in defence.

Quote Originally Posted by Chewitt13 View Post
    I'm lost.....

Don’t worry
    John Henry and FSG are on the case .

Master
    Caicedo and Lavia both going to Chelsea, and both expecting a spot in the first team.

Which one will warm the bench and be shipped out at the end of the season I wonder?

Quote Originally Posted by PhilT View Post
    Caicedo and Lavia both going to Chelsea, and both expecting a spot in the first team.

Which one will warm the bench and be shipped out at the end of the season I wonder?
    Impossible to compete with this kind of spending.

I really don’t see lavia starting for any of the 2 .
    Pep let him go ,he ain’t no fool.
    Liverpool should stick with bajetic,not sure if he’s fit yet .

Master
    I think Onana is going to be a very entertaining addition to the PL this year, and given the way Man Utd are playing we’re going to see plenty of him.

Shocking crime statistics in Manchester. I'm watching a robbery take place right now on Sky Sports

Shocking crime statistics in Manchester. I'm watching a robbery take place right now on Sky Sports
    For a club that has been in transition for about 10 years and on a shoestring budget United finally look like they have turned their 104th corner .
    If Wolves had Weghorst,they’d be out of sight by now.

What on earth? How the heck is that not a penalty?!!? Ah yes Old Trafford, I forgot

Absolutely shocking decision.
    Better team lost

Master
    Never a penalty. Was on the way down from being shoved in the back by his own man. Just. a coming together. United were rubbish though. Garnacho Mount Rashford all well of it. Casemiro been at the chipper too

Master
    The next PL penalty is going to be some spectacle. The bar has been set.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    Just. a coming together.
    Edinburgh fringe is calling

Blog Entries
    Matheus Cunha looked impressive bursting out from the midfield for Wolves.

One to watch...

z

Never a penalty. Was on the way down from being shoved in the back by his own man. Just. a coming together. United were rubbish though. Garnacho Mount Rashford all well of it. Casemiro been at the chipper too
    Yeah a 'coming together' just like Wilder's knockdown punch on Fury in Wilder-Fury 1 was also just a 'coming together'.

So that's not a penalty but the one against Tottenham yesterday is?

Master
    Calm down lads, I’m only joking!!

Master
    Best team indeed lost.

Rashford is frustrating and needs a consistent run of good form to come his way. I feel he’s overrated. Poor performances all around the team. However three points I guess so on to the next one.

Well played Wolves just needed some composure in front of goal and maybe a bit of luck.

I’ve already written off this season and look forward to next seasons championship.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Impossible to compete with this kind of spending.
    I understand a little of what Boehly is trying to do re FFP with these long term contracts and amortisation but there are some intelligent people running clubs in the PL and you have to wonder why no one else has done it. If they get back into Europe it’s hard to see how they won’t fall foul of UEFA.

If Poch makes something of this season with all the player changes it will be some achievement.

I don’t think I’ve known a transfer window quite like this one and this could be a very interesting season.

Master
    You mean the Onana incident? BBC reporting that "PGMOL's Jon Moss spoke to [Wolves' manager] after the game and has admitted Wolves should have had a penalty and it was a clear and obvious error".

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sevvy View Post
    I understand a little of what Boehly is trying to do re FFP with these long term contracts and amortisation but there are some intelligent people running clubs in the PL and you have to wonder why no one else has done it. If they get back into Europe it’s hard to see how they won’t fall foul of UEFA.

If Poch makes something of this season with all the player changes it will be some achievement.

I don’t think I’ve known a transfer window quite like this one and this could be a very interesting season.
    The issue is he’s signed 20 players. Out of those 20 how many will be duds ?

Say 10 don’t live up to expectation and you now want to move them on…….

They are on 250k a week and have 6 years of contract left you can never move them on.

New season, same old VAR . Not to worry though, someone will be along soon to say it evens itself out over the season .
    Interesting that it was Salisbury on VAR , the clown who cocked up last season in Brighton v Spurs .

Disappointing but not remotely surprising that we're talking about VAR howlers across the opening weekend. Also not surprising that Man Utd benefit from the biggest of those howlers.

Seriously, how hard can it be to get it right? What we saw last night was either complete incompetence or corruption. It has to be one or the other. Apologies just don't cut it. I watch football from all over the world and nobody gets it wrong as badly and as frequently as in the EPL. Why?

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    New season, same old VAR . Not to worry though, someone will be along soon to say it evens itself out over the season .
    Interesting that it was Salisbury on VAR , the clown who cocked up last season in Brighton v Spurs .

Craftsman
    Last season’s VAR decisions analysed.

Jake

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/stor...3?platform=amp

Looks like Arsenal centre back Gabriel is off to Saudi Arabia. Also Jurrien Timber has done his ACL so will be out for months. So we've gone from having lots of defensive cover to being short at the back after just 1 week of the season.

Arsenal can't let him leave, they'll be so short.

Looks like Arsenal centre back Gabriel is off to Saudi Arabia. Also Jurrien Timber has done his ACL so will be out for months. So we've gone from having lots of defensive cover to being short at the back after just 1 week of the season.

I've seen this before but it doesn't explain what the + and - relates to. Does it mean that Brentford ended up with 6 more points with VAR than they would have without VAR?

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    Last season’s VAR decisions analysed.

Jake

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/stor...3?platform=amp

Master
    Are we reaching a tipping point for transfer fees?

It used to be vitally important to spend big to try to guarantee a CL spot for the following season and a big payday. Now you’d need to win the competition (not just qualify for it) just to cover the costs of 1 big signing.

Chelsea have to win big over the next couple of seasons or they could be in big trouble. They have loads of players now on 8+ year contracts and massive wages - that’s a lot of pressure on a manager that hasn’t really won anything. I see a bloodbath on the horizon (but lots of people will get rich on the way).

It gets better .
    Wolves get a half arsed apology worth exactly 0 points , United get 3 to keep them relevant , the officials get stood down for retraining by Lee Mason , who himself was sacked for being useless on the field and everyone goes home happy .

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Arsenal can't let him leave, they'll be so short.
    We've just made a bid for Aymeric Laporte. Let's see if Pep will sell any more players to Arsenal.

Master
    Hard to comprehend how or why VAR is so badly handled in the Prem. TMO in rugby and the video umpire in cricket run rings around it, both are far more transparent too.

We've just made a bid for Aymeric Laporte. Let's see if Pep will sell any more players to Arsenal.
    An instant upgrade on all your defenders . I hope City tell you where to go .

That's rough for sure. Where are you seeing info re Saliba and how likely does it look?

Edit: I think you're premature/over-excited again, Ryan.
    Last edited by learningtofly; 15th August 2023 at 13:14.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Apparently he was thumbing though sales corner and missed it.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilT View Post
    Are we reaching a tipping point for transfer fees?

It used to be vitally important to spend big to try to guarantee a CL spot for the following season and a big payday. Now you’d need to win the competition (not just qualify for it) just to cover the costs of 1 big signing.

Chelsea have to win big over the next couple of seasons or they could be in big trouble. They have loads of players now on 8+ year contracts and massive wages - that’s a lot of pressure on a manager that hasn’t really won anything. I see a bloodbath on the horizon (but lots of people will get rich on the way).
    Big wages normally lead to big egos. They can’t all be in the first 11.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    That's rough for sure. Where are you seeing info re Saliba and how likely does it look?

Edit: I think you're premature/over-excited again, Ryan.
    Nothing re Saliba. It is Timber out for at least 6 months and Gabriel is apparently pushing for a move to Saudi, hence was dropped for the 1st match

De Bruyne also out for 6 months

Master
    Nothing re Saliba. It is Timber out for at least 6 months and Gabriel is apparently pushing for a move to Saudi, hence was dropped for the 1st match
    Saliba and him reportedly wanting to go to Saudi is truly baffling.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    Saliba and him reportedly wanting to go to Saudi is truly baffling.
    I imagine a lot of these players are probably from poor immigrant backgrounds with extended families to support. All about the money rather than the glory of winning.