closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 60 of 110 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 3,000 of 5497

Thread: Premier League 2023-24

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatdogwood View Post
    Well done to Liverpool for arranging to bring the Dias family to UK for a few weeks.
    Yep, classy touch I thought given the trauma that family has been through.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilT View Post
    Pretty lethargic Liverpool against a pretty average looking Man City I thought.

Nunez calling Pep a baldy gobsh*te tw*t at the end a clear highlight (my Spanish lip reading might not be 100%)
    He was probably aiming at Haaland .

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Yep, classy touch I thought given the trauma that family has been through.

He’s been excellent for yous but has made loads of mistakes over the years. Best keeper on Merseyside doesn’t equal best keeper in the world. He lives a charmed life with the media for some reason, Pickford gets rinsed for every little mistake but nobody ever treats Alison the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by cyrusir View Post
    sorry but Alisson is probably the best goal keeper in world football, he was poor yesterday but he has been amazing for years.

El Tel gone

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    He’s been excellent for yous but has made loads of mistakes over the years. Best keeper on Merseyside doesn’t equal best keeper in the world. He lives a charmed life with the media for some reason, Pickford gets rinsed for every little mistake but nobody ever treats Alison the same way.
    find a keeper that makes no mistakes especially one that plays out from the back like he does, courtois aside I can’t think of anyone better. Ederson is obviously good too but alisson is the Brazil no.1.

who would you put ahead of him ?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    I heard Liverpool had the highest number of 12.30 kick offs and that was for policing reasons. Not having a dig at Liverpool, just repeating something I heard on Talksport.
    I thought it was for the far east market, doesn’t explain why Man U have had half the 12:30 kick off though.

Quote Originally Posted by xxnick1975 View Post
    El Tel gone

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk
    Just heard, what a shame.

A great character of the game. Pity they wouldn't let him carry on as England manager.

RIP Terry.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Master
    Pickford and Alisson aren’t even in the same stratosphere.

Alisson has the best stats of any keeper in the premier league. For your information Pickford was ranked 13th last year.

He’s top top level goalkeeper and probably the best in the world from what I’ve seen.

As for Virgil he is ridiculously good and I’d argue he’s the best CB to ever grace the prem.

Do take the point of the likes of Terry and Vidic doing it for longer and you wouldn’t have any complaints from me for them being in any order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There’s not a chance VVD is the best ever EPL CB. He’s definitely been the best of his era but now he doesn’t look and different to Matip. In the EPL era we’ve had forwards like Shearer, Drogba, Owen, Henry, Costa, Van Nistelroy, Cole, Yorke, Wright, Tevez etc etc. This lot were arguably better and certainly more physical than the crop he’s played against in his time here.

I’d say Rio, Stam, Vidic and Kompany were at least as good.

Big Ange wants to play the Keegan style of attacking football but doesn’t seem to grasp that you actually have to outscore the other team. His lack of a plan B will be his undoing in this league. It’s not quite the same as playing the likes of Dunfermline.

Master
    There’s not a chance VVD is the best ever EPL CB. He’s definitely been the best of his era but now he doesn’t look and different to Matip. In the EPL era we’ve had forwards like Shearer, Drogba, Owen, Henry, Costa, Van Nistelroy, Cole, Yorke, Wright, Tevez etc etc. This lot were arguably better and certainly more physical than the crop he’s played against in his time here.

I’d say Rio, Stam, Vidic and Kompany were at least as good.
    all excellent cbs I’d argue vvd at his very best is as good if not better than all of them , but his very best was maybe 2 or 3 seasons which isn’t long enough

Craftsman
    Goal of the season by Garnacho.

Goal of the season right there.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    I'm good thanks, although I'll be very happy if your mean-spirited schadenfreude comes back to bite you on the arse.
    Not today unfortunately! Despite our injury list and being distinctly below par first half, Villa come back for a great 2-1 away win to go up to 4th, a point behind Man City and level on points with Liverpool.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedyexplorer View Post
    Goal of the season by Garnacho.
    Oh no .
    I missed it and there is definitely 100% no chance of Sky playing it on a loop until the end of time is there ?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    Just heard, what a shame.

A great character of the game. Pity they wouldn't let him carry on as England manager.

RIP Terry.
    Another great I watched and admired in my youth from the north bank at the molineaux. RIP el tel.

Big Ange wants to play the Keegan style of attacking football but doesn’t seem to grasp that you actually have to outscore the other team. His lack of a plan B will be his undoing in this league. It’s not quite the same as playing the likes of Dunfermline.
    To be fair we could’ve scored 4 not counting Sonny’s two offsides. Matty Cash tackle was the turning point . Agree there has to be Plan B when you don’t have your first choices out there. Good teams grind out results regardless. Whilst we don’t want to go back to Mourinho and Conte ball we also can't just play Ardiles style all the time. There has to be a middle ground.

Today we weren’t as gung-ho as against Chelsea but it was always going to be Villa that scored the 2nd and after that I couldn’t see us scoring. Good performances from Gill, Lo Selso who haven’t had much game time.

Quote Originally Posted by Casper View Post
    To be fair we could’ve scored 4 not counting Sonny’s two offsides. Matty Cash tackle was the turning point . Agree there has to be Plan B when you don’t have your first choices out there. Good teams grind out results regardless. Whilst we don’t want to go back to Mourinho and Conte ball we also can't just play Ardiles style all the time. There has to be a middle ground.

Today we weren’t as gung-ho as against Chelsea but it was always going to be Villa that scored the 2nd and after that I couldn’t see us scoring. Good performances from Gill, Lo Selso who haven’t had much game time.
    Three offsides from Son. Villa too could have scored more: Bailey off the post, Watkins' toenail offside, Torres missing his first header, Watkins skimming the post and so on. We do have the best goalkeeper in the world but not having four of our starting 11 from the start of the season has crippled us somewhat.
    "A man of little significance"

Quote Originally Posted by Space Traveller View Post
    Not today unfortunately! Despite our injury list and being distinctly below par first half, Villa come back for a great 2-1 away win to go up to 4th, a point behind Man City and level on points with Liverpool.
    Don’t you dare talk about injuries when the core of our team was unavailable and then Cash literally took out our most influential player. You’d have been lucky to leave with a point, let alone three, and I thought we were superb given the circumstances.

We should have had a nailed on penalty, had multiple shots hit the woodwork, multiple goals disallowed, nearly 70% possession, the most shots, the most shots on target… at least show a little class.

They will but to be fair it was fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Oh no .
    I missed it and there is definitely 100% no chance of Sky playing it on a loop until the end of time is there ?

Whilst I hate losing I’m encouraged by our performances and attitude more so given this is Anges first season. When our key players return from injury and suspension we’ll be a force to be reckoned with. Levy also has to back him in the transfer windows as it’s clear we lack quality in depth however I’m not holding my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by Casper View Post
    Whilst I hate losing I’m encouraged by our performances and attitude more so given this is Anges first season. When our key players return from injury and suspension we’ll be a force to be reckoned with. Levy also has to back him in the transfer windows as it’s clear we lack quality in depth however I’m not holding my breath.
    I think he will be backed. The only thing I’m a bit irked about is that our three really talented youngsters (Phillips, Dorrington and Donley) aren’t getting a look in.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Don’t you dare talk about injuries when the core of our team was unavailable and then Cash literally took out our most influential player. You’d have been lucky to leave with a point, let alone three, and I thought we were superb given the circumstances.

We should have had a nailed on penalty, had multiple shots hit the woodwork, multiple goals disallowed, nearly 70% possession, the most shots, the most shots on target… at least show a little class.
    We've had the core of our team mssing all season. We also had a goal disallowed and hit the bar. As for class, I'll just make do with the three points instead.

While Spurs and Villa do have injuries, Eddie Howe says “hold my beer”.

And I’ll just add .
    KdB .
    Mic drop

Another thing I took away from our game on Saturday was another difference between the two clubs.
    We were in corporate on Saturday with a couple of friends who are Liverpool fans . They take us to Anfield each season and we do the same at home .
    Last season at Anfield we were ‘regaled’ by one John Aldridge in the lounge who spouted some of the most bilious , racist ,unimaginative tripe about City that I’ve ever heard. Yesterday , Paul Lake was asked about Liverpool and his response was articulate, extremely respective and it was quite clear that he’s a huge Klopp fan .
    One of my biggest regrets is not launching an overcooked roast potato at the fake Ian Rush that day .

Another thing I took away from our game on Saturday was another difference between the two clubs.
    We were in corporate on Saturday with a couple of friends who are Liverpool fans . They take us to Anfield each season and we do the same at home .
    Last season at Anfield we were ‘regaled’ by one John Aldridge in the lounge who spouted some of the most bilious , racist ,unimaginative tripe about City that I’ve ever heard. Yesterday , Paul Lake was asked about Liverpool and his response was articulate, extremely respective and it was quite clear that he’s a huge Klopp fan .
    One of my biggest regrets is not launching an overcooked roast potato at the fake Ian Rush that day .
    I was in the Tunnel Club at City last season for the Villa match, and I have to say they do it very, very well. My mate's son was one of the mascots, and they looked after him (and us) brilliantly. He got to walk out with Mahrez, while we were allowed to sit in Pep's seat in the dugout and take photos. Also got to meet Will Ferrell. The Tunnel Club itself is excellent, and a really nice atmosphere. I got picked out by the host as a Villa fan, and was interviewed and asked to do some predictions against a City fan. There were quite a few Villa fans in there, with the two sets of fan mingling and chatting quite happily. I did give Grealish a bit of an overly theatrical boo when he walked in though.

I was in the Tunnel Club at City last season for the Villa match, and I have to say they do it very, very well. My mate's son was one of the mascots, and they looked after him (and us) brilliantly. He got to walk out with Mahrez, while we were allowed to sit in Pep's seat in the dugout and take photos. Also got to meet Will Ferrell. The Tunnel Club itself is excellent, and a really nice atmosphere. I got picked out by the host as a Villa fan, and was interviewed and asked to do some predictions against a City fan. There were quite a few Villa fans in there, with the two sets of fan mingling and chatting quite happily. I did give Grealish a bit of an overly theatrical boo when he walked in though.
    That’s the Tunnel Club Premier if I’m not mistaken ?
    A step above our paupers seats :)
    Agreed, City do it really well . Tottenham and le Arse is also superb .
    We missed Jack yesterday . As good as Doku is going forward, Jacks defending is very good and he would’ve been near Tront yesterday .

Master
    let me guess aldo told a few home truths about the Middle Eastern sports washing 😂

legend

let me guess aldo told a few home truths about the Middle Eastern sports washing 

legend
    Like I said .
    That’s the difference between our two clubs.
    Thanks for confirming .

And I’ll just add .
    KdB .
    Mic drop
    Whatever. Arsenal have had ElNeny out since the start of the season.....

That’s the Tunnel Club Premier if I’m not mistaken ?
    A step above our paupers seats :)
    Agreed, City do it really well . Tottenham and le Arse is also superb .
    We missed Jack yesterday . As good as Doku is going forward, Jacks defending is very good and he would’ve been near Tront yesterday .
    Could be mate. I have four season tickets in the Villa hospitality, and it’s genuinely excellent. City’s is about the only one that comes close in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Like I said .
    That’s the difference between our two clubs.
    Thanks for confirming .
    one man’s home truths are another’s racist bile I guess.

the main difference between the clubs is the level of flagrant cheating I’d have said.

Could be mate. I have four season tickets in the Villa hospitality, and it’s genuinely excellent. City’s is about the only one that comes close in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Bah
    Going to Villa but with the great unwashed in the stands :)
    I’ll hopefully try that in the next season or two.
    Still love watching your lot . Emery has got them playing great football .
    I worked on the training ground a year or so back and the whole experience was very welcoming . All the staff, players and management included, were brilliant in a situation where building contractors aren’t generally welcomed.
    Small memories etc .

one man’s home truths are another’s racist bile I guess.

the main difference between the clubs is the level of flagrant cheating I’d have said.
    Like I said.
    That’s the difference between our clubs .
    Thanks for confirming, again .

Master
    Like I said.
    That’s the difference between our clubs .
    Thanks for confirming, again .
    Any time 😎

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    Pickford and Alisson aren’t even in the same stratosphere.

Alisson has the best stats of any keeper in the premier league. For your information Pickford was ranked 13th last year.

He’s top top level goalkeeper and probably the best in the world from what I’ve seen.

As for Virgil he is ridiculously good and I’d argue he’s the best CB to ever grace the prem.

Do take the point of the likes of Terry and Vidic doing it for longer and you wouldn’t have any complaints from me for them being in any order.

Allison and his keeping exploits, stats aside, are akin to Arnold’s status as some sort of visionary football god.
    Mythical , farcical and embarrassing.

As for van Dijk . Did he have Virgil on the back of his shirt at Celtic and Southampton or has he only become self important since he pitched up with you lot ?

Never had any class.

My brother in law recently referred to TAA as a generational talent. That statement alone sums up the utter disillusionment of Reds. Every Liverpool player has to be the best in the league / Europe / world.

Allison and his keeping exploits, stats aside, are akin to Arnold’s status as some sort of visionary football god.

As for van Dijk . Did he have Virgil on the back of his shirt at Celtic and Southampton or has he only become self important since he pitched up with you lot ?

Master
    My brother in law recently referred to TAA as a generational talent. That statement alone sums up the utter disillusionment of Reds. Every Liverpool player has to be the best in the league / Europe / world.
    Eh ? He’d won everything In the domestic game by the age of 22.

At the age of 21 he had registered the highest assist tally for a defender ever in a single league season.

PFA team of the year 3 times
    UEFA team of the year
    FIFA World team of the year
    2 x Champions league team of the season.

I thought it was only Ryan who was truly clueless on football but you are certainly up there.

Name any other defenders that have a CV like the above by the age of 22 ?

At the age of 21 he had registered the highest assist tally for a defender ever in a single league season.

UEFA team of the year

I thought it was only Ryan who was truly clueless on football but you are certainly up there.

😂😂😂 Well put Ivan...

Master
    Never had any class.
    Looking forward to getting class lessons from the state sports washing puppets .

Master

UEFA team of the year

he is underrated if anything, but the usual suspects won’t be letting facts get in the way of their nonsense 😂

Master

stats aside ? What metric will you use to rate Alisson then? The Brazilians clearly rate him ahead of your lad .

Master
    A simple google could have sated your curiosity

https://www.givemesport.com/why-does...-of-his-shirt/

not as if a city player would be so self important to put something other than just his surname on his jersey …..

stats aside ? What metric will you use to rate Alisson then? The Brazilians clearly rate him ahead of your lad .
    I tend to use that unpopular metric of going to the game and watching for myself rather than having stats fed to me by someone in the media.
    Allison was very lucky on Saturday . On another day, he concedes four . If he makes a mistake early on, he becomes jittery and often doesn’t recover well . His playing out from the back that Ivan mentioned isn’t a patch on Edersons .His flapping at the corner when he wasn’t under any real pressure was very poor. I don’t underestimate his shot stopping or one on one decision making but the best goalie in the world ? Not for me.
    Arnold was beaten 7 or 8 times by Doku alone . He looked all at sea at times when City were down the left. His positioning is poor and his pace on the turn leaves him exposed . He played better in the second half but his performance was nowhere near the MOM given to him by Sky.

Master
    I tend to use that unpopular metric of going to the game and watching for myself rather than having stats fed to me by someone in the media.
    Allison was very lucky on Saturday . On another day, he concedes four . If he makes a mistake early on, he becomes jittery and often doesn’t recover well . His playing out from the back that Ivan mentioned isn’t a patch on Edersons .His flapping at the corner when he wasn’t under any real pressure was very poor. I don’t underestimate his shot stopping or one on one decision making but the best goalie in the world ? Not for me.
    Arnold was beaten 7 or 8 times by Doku alone . He looked all at sea at times when City were down the left. His positioning is poor and his pace on the turn leaves him exposed . He played better in the second half but his performance was nowhere near the MOM given to him by Sky.
    Everyone agrees Alisson didn’t have a great game at the weekend made two top class saves of if I remember rightly though.

He’s a better keeper than Ederson that’s for certain. Hence why he is brazils number 1 and has the best metrics in the premier league as a keeper.

Trent is also arguably the top right back in world football and is unmatched in terms of trophies, assists and stats at his age.

The nonsense further up the thread of Liverpool fans think every players is world class is again laughable.

Jones, Gomes, Tsimikas, Matip, Elliot are all average at best.

Jones especially he is raved about and i think he’s championship level.

Master
    right so instead of statistics (built over multiple seasons of football) you will use your own subjectively biased opinion. No one is arguing that he had a great game on Saturday, but even at that he made a top class save from Foden. Regardless of a poor game, which every player has, people saying he is overrated is nonsense. He is in the conversation for the best in the world, i can understand someone preferring Courtois for example, but i wouldnt swap Alisson.

As for trent, he has weaknesses for sure, but his strenghts outweigh them greatly and his achievements reinforce that.

Everyone agrees Alisson didn’t have a great game at the weekend made two top class saves of if I remember rightly though.

He’s a better keeper than Ederson that’s for certain. Hence why he is brazils number 1 and has the best metrics in the premier league as a keeper.

Trent is also arguably the top right back in world football and is unmatched in terms of trophies, assists and stats at his age.

Which means Pickford is better than Ramsdale , Pope etc , because he’s picked for England ?
    You have your opinions on the keepers, I’ll keep mine . I prefer Ederson .

Arnold is only arguably the best right back in the world to Liverpool fans . He’s not a patch on Walker . Reece James is better. I’d take Trippier as a right back before Arnold . He doesn’t defend well . Hence the shoehorning him into other parts of play.
    There’s a myth about him and nobody believes that myth more than the player.