closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 65 of 111 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,250 of 5505

Thread: Premier League 2023-24

Quote Originally Posted by Space Traveller View Post
    I think it's the best we've played since we came back up, even better than the 7-2 against Liverpool.
    Hopefully Villa have used up all their energy ahead of Sunday's match

#spursy

Ha ha ha, 2-1 West Ham!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Great win for us tonight out of the bottom 3 already, if we still had those points we would be 10th.

Almost the perfect week, if Luton could have held on against the Tarquins. Spurs though, deary me. Big Ange being found out already. The new manager bounce giving way to the fact he's got a CV with 25 years of rubbish on it.

Quote Originally Posted by hilly10 View Post
    Great win for us tonight out of the bottom 3 already, if we still had those points we would be 10th.
    You’ll get them back .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hilly10 View Post
    You’ll get them back .

Premier League 2023-24

So it’’’s the injury list derby at the weekend, El Crockico.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Trippier's had 5 minutes to forget. Two bad mistakes, two goals.
    and there was me thinking he was the best rb in the league and a defensive colossus, his display will be forgotten after tonight mind, if it was Trent it would be back page news.

A new Premier League record set by Spurs tonight. Congrats 🥂

Trent and defensive colossus will never be in the same sentence. Trippier made two bad errors tonight and cost us a result but he has enough credit in the bank for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by cyrusir View Post
    and there was me thinking he was the best rb in the league and a defensive colossus, his display will be forgotten after tonight mind, if it was Trent it would be back page news.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    That’s what happens when you are knackered. The really punishing run has only just started and, considering who now owns them, there’s sod all depth to speak of.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    You’ll get them back .

- - - Updated - - -

You’ll get them back .
    After last night I think we will be fine now. Get a result on Sunday against Chelsea we will be in Dreamland

The lack of real depth is due to FFP. We could have done a Chelsea or a City but our owners have decided not to take that route. We were damned if we did or didn't; richest club in the world don't have enough players or they've bought success.

Quote Originally Posted by M4tt View Post
    That’s what happens when you are knackered. The really punishing run has only just started and, considering who now owns them, there’s sod all depth to speak of.

Nobody has described Trippier as a defensive colossus though , have they ?

Trippier's been excellent on the whole for Newcastle, he's a good blend of defensive solidity and ability on the ball. One of those who made a big difference to them when he came in.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Trent and defensive colossus will never be in the same sentence. Trippier made two bad errors tonight and cost us a result but he has enough credit in the bank for sure.
    Trent is that bad at defending his defence has conceded the fewest goals in the league.

Imagine if he was any good !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by M4tt View Post
    Knackered ? Why would he be knackered ?

Key plays play the in 99% of the fixtures.

If he knackered by November it’s another metric of why Trent is above him.

Master
    Nobody has described Trippier as a defensive colossus though , have they ?
    reading this thread it appears that he is the perfect blend of prime cafu and thuram, which was all a bit absurd.

anyway he did what he did last night and trent is still trenting

Master
    I'll forgive Trippier one bad defensive game as it's a collectors piece. Google Trippier mistake and you get a page full of Everton reports, do the same for TAA and it breaks your search engine as there are so many different ones it tries to list

reading this thread it appears that he is the perfect blend of prime cafu and thuram, which was all a bit absurd.

anyway he did what he did last night and trent is still trenting

So , nobody called it but you believed it was said ?
    Makes complete sense .

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatdogwood View Post
    I'll forgive Trippier one bad defensive game as it's a collectors piece. Google Trippier mistake and you get a page full of Everton reports, do the same for TAA and it breaks your search engine as there are so many different ones it tries to list
    You need to understand something.
    Arnold is a legend in two places . His own head and the thought bank that is Liverpool fans . .

Remember the season after you won the league, you had loads of injuries and were constantly moaning about having to play the same players in every game and that they were shattered? My brother in law reminded me of that last night when he said "....your situation is like ours the season after we won the league (insert my text above)...."

Short memories eh.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    Knackered ? Why would he be knackered ?

Key plays play the in 99% of the fixtures.

If he knackered by November it’s another metric of why Trent is above him.

Master
    No nobody was complaining we had to play the same players and they were tired.

We were complaining because we had injuries to our key players and the back ups were nowhere near up to the required standard.

We had 4 centre backs injured at one point in the season.

The likes of Salah, Trent etc are used to playing 50 games a seasons.

To claim tiredness in November is laughable.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thegreatdogwood View Post
    exactly as i said, no one will talk about trippier, if its trent its back page news.

- - - Updated - - -

So , nobody called it but you believed it was said ?
    Makes complete sense .
    i am almost certain you can read, the inference was in lots of the posts that trent cant defend but trippier can and is much better at it.
    Last edited by cyrusir; 8th December 2023 at 12:40.

Master
    Remember the season after you won the league, you had loads of injuries and were constantly moaning about having to play the same players in every game and that they were shattered? My brother in law reminded me of that last night when he said "....your situation is like ours the season after we won the league (insert my text above)...."

Short memories eh.
    shattered in november, come on.

It's only a few months since Villa and Newcastle drew in a pre-season friendly a few days before the season started, with Emi Buendia scoring two and assisting one. 20 minutes into the first match of the season Villa had already lost Buendia and Mings to season-long injuries, with Ramsey injured playing for the England U21s over the summer and Moreno, our first-choice LB also injured. We had a nightmare match, losing 5-1 and everyone raved about how Newcastle were going to win the league. That was with our entire starting left side out. In that Newcastle match, Diego Carlos had played two matches before an injury finished his 2022-2023 season and Pau Torres came on for his PL debut to replace Mings. Moreno and Ramsey are being drip fed back into the team as subs. And yet here we are in third, still playing without four of our starting 11. It's a tough old world, the Premier League.

- - - Updated - - -

He's not even the English Alan Hutton.
    "A man of little significance"

[QUOTE=Foxy100;6317266] It's a tough old world, the Premier League.
    Indeed, makes ya wonder how Tottingham Hotspuds are still 5th with 4 losses and 1 draw in the last 5 games too...

For all the hand wringing about Man City their next 10 games look very winnable whereas the teams above them have some tough fixtures (including against each other).

Arsenal's next 2 away games are Villa and Liverpool, both of which are games they could easily lose and realistically Arsenal need 4 points from those 2 games.

One thing I'll say about Villa is they play a high line and whilst that may work against City who like to control midfield and strangle teams, against teams like Arsenal and Liverpool who have fast, quality wingers they may come unstuck. Villa already got twatted at Anfield, I know they are home vs Arsenal so different kettle of fish but will be interesting to see.

Master
    It’s about time the top 4 / 5 had a shake up so I’m glad teams are putting together good runs and challenging for the top spots.

Always liked Villa, reminds me of my younger years watching Villa in the European cup.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    For all the hand wringing about Man City their next 10 games look very winnable whereas the teams above them have some tough fixtures (including against each other).

Arsenal's next 2 away games are Villa and Liverpool, both of which are games they could easily lose and realistically Arsenal need 4 points from those 2 games.

One thing I'll say about Villa is they play a high line and whilst that may work against City who like to control midfield and strangle teams, against teams like Arsenal and Liverpool who have fast, quality wingers they may come unstuck. Villa already got twatted at Anfield, I know they are home vs Arsenal so different kettle of fish but will be interesting to see.
    there is no team in the league more likely than city to go on a 5 - 10 game winning streak.

Good win last night for West Ham with Bowen back and firing on all cylinders.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

We haven't quite hit our straps in away games yet, and the Liverpool defeat wasn't really to do with the high line failing. It was early in the season and we lost another central defender to injury in Carlos and so soon after Mings, we were just all over the place at the back.

I'm really looking forward to Arsenal tomorrow, should be another cracking match. We *can* beat them, but whether we do or not, I don't know as they're obviously an excellent team. In our 14 game winning streak at home, we've absolutely battered Newcastle, Brighton and Man City, so Arsenal should know they'll be in for a game. We were beating them 2-1 after an hour last season before two injury time fuck ups gave them the points 4-2 after they'd equalised earlier. The good thing now is we've had a really strong bench with Ramsey, Moreno and Diaby all subs in the last couple of games. I think Arteta will be sat with us up in the stands as he's banned from the dugout, so hopefully that will be a small point in our favour. I'll go 3-1 Villa.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    West Ham were excellent second half, I'd love a player like Bowen at Villa. He can play anywhere up front and is really hard working with a great eye for goal. Seems a nice lad as well.

West Ham were excellent second half, I'd love a player like Bowen at Villa. He can play anywhere up front and is really hard working with a great eye for goal. Seems a nice lad as well.
    There was a lot of talk back in 2019/2020 about Villa buying Bowen from Hull but it didn't happen. He's an excellent player and needs to play more for the national team.
    "A man of little significance"

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    Great bit of play for the second goal .
    After winning it from the keeper and Ward Prowse first effort hit the post, instinct would’ve led many forwards to size on the rebound but Bowen was very clever in leaving it for JWP to finish .
    Had a cheeky bet on the Hammers when they were a goal down too .

We haven't quite hit our straps in away games yet, and the Liverpool defeat wasn't really to do with the high line failing. It was early in the season and we lost another central defender to injury in Carlos and so soon after Mings, we were just all over the place at the back.

I'm really looking forward to Arsenal tomorrow, should be another cracking match. We *can* beat them, but whether we do or not, I don't know as they're obviously an excellent team. In our 14 game winning streak at home, we've absolutely battered Newcastle, Brighton and Man City, so Arsenal should know they'll be in for a game. We were beating them 2-1 after an hour last season before two injury time fuck ups gave them the points 4-2 after they'd equalised earlier. The good thing now is we've had a really strong bench with Ramsey, Moreno and Diaby all subs in the last couple of games. I think Arteta will be sat with us up in the stands as he's banned from the dugout, so hopefully that will be a small point in our favour. I'll go 3-1 Villa.
    Yeah it'll be a tough game for Arsenal, also interested to see how much that performance against City took out of Villa and Arsenal have had an extra day off.

Very doubtful it'll be a 0-0!

Yeah it'll be a tough game for Arsenal, also interested to see how much that performance against City took out of Villa and Arsenal have had an extra day off.

Very doubtful it'll be a 0-0!
    Surely momentum is a better driver than being tired after a big win .
    Villa will be bouncing . Not just the players but the whole club, fans , etc . They really won’t be tired . They’ll be looking forward to taking on Arsenal on equal footings.
    It’ll be a great game to watch .

Surely momentum is a better driver than being tired after a big win .
    Villa will be bouncing . Not just the players but the whole club, fans , etc . They really won’t be tired . They’ll be looking forward to taking on Arsenal on equal footings.
    It’ll be a great game to watch .
    Yep that is very true as well. Interestingly the last team to beat Villa at Villa Park was.....Arsenal.

Let's see. Certainly a very tough game for us. But if we are to get 4 points from the 2 away games against Villa and Liverpool then we need to win tomorrow as we'll inevitably get a dodgy VAR decision or 2 at Anfield so I can't see us win there.

I'm going 2-1 Arsenal tomorrow, out of hope rather than expectation :)

Yep that is very true as well. Interestingly the last team to beat Villa at Villa Park was.....Arsenal.

Let's see. Certainly a very tough game for us. But if we are to get 4 points from the 2 away games against Villa and Liverpool then we need to win tomorrow as we'll inevitably get a dodgy VAR decision or 2 at Anfield so I can't see us win there.

I'm going 2-1 Arsenal tomorrow, out of hope rather than expectation :)
    Liverpool ?
    Dodgy VAR call ?
    You joke, right ?
    There was this game versus Tottenham and they were robbed. You might not have heard about it .
    They’ve definitely not had calls going their way since , no sir .

Stonewall penalty for Palace. VAR takes 2 mins to award it. Nothing challenge by Ayew. Ref gives a 2nd yellow immediately.

Master
    Premier League really are keen to make sure Manchester City don’t win the league again!!

Stonewall penalty for Palace. VAR takes 2 mins to award it. Nothing challenge by Ayew. Ref gives a 2nd yellow immediately.
    The call versus Tottenham has been the best thing that’s happened to Liverpool .
    They’ve got every call since .

Master
    The place pen was a joke too.

Liverpool got out of jail today, absolutely awful for 75 mins.

Master
    Love that all the usual suspects have to get up early to get their entertainment from a Liverpool match! Maybe TTC’s alarm didn’t go off.

I didn't need to watch it to know what would happen. A dodgy red card, a lucky deflection and a late winner. Standard.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilT View Post
    Love that all the usual suspects have to get up early to get their entertainment from a Liverpool match! Maybe TTC’s alarm didn’t go off.

Master
    I didn't need to watch it to know what would happen. A dodgy red card, a lucky deflection and a late winner. Standard.
    Your unhealthy obsession with Liverpool continues.

It was two yellows not a dodgy red.

The second was never a yellow in a million years, it wasn’t even a foul, therefore a dodgy red card in the end.

It’s not an unhealthy obsession, it’s a genuine hatred.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    Your unhealthy obsession with Liverpool continues.

It was two yellows not a dodgy red.

- - - Updated - - -

The second was never a yellow in a million years, it wasn’t even a foul, therefore a dodgy red card in the end.

Master

It’s not an unhealthy obsession, it’s a genuine hatred.

- - - Updated - - -
    The second is as clear yellow as you can get.

He’s stopped a counter attack with a foul.

Konate was booked for exactly the same against Shef United.

Hope we smash them in a couple of weeks up at Mordor

Master
    Have you saved up to get the crack in your plaster fixed yet ?