closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 58 of 110 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,900 of 5492

Thread: Premier League 2023-24

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    When Chelsea are capable of that you wonder what the hell they have been doing.
    Tore City to shreds at points during that game.
    To be fair I think Diaz and Gvardiol were drunk. Diaz in particular I've never seen have such a poor match.

How the heck are United 6th?!!?

Also nobody talking seriously about Villa - they are right up there, playing well and Villa Park is a fortress right now.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Fantastic game of footie especially for the neutral. The best league in the world bar none

Quote Originally Posted by hilly10 View Post
    Fantastic game of footie especially for the neutral. The best league in the world bar none
    The real top players will be kicking themselves they turned down the chance to earn a fortune while playing in the 0-0 draw between Al Fayha and Al-Ittifaq in front of 1800 spectators yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post

Also nobody talking seriously about Villa - they are right up there, playing well and Villa Park is a fortress right now.
    Man U have won 4 of their last 5 league games, but the wins have been against Sheffield United, Luton, Fulham and Brentford, and they've struggled in most of them.

It's a weird feeling being a Villa fan at the moment, we keep waiting for the wheels to come off, but Emery has been averaging two points a game for a whole year now. Three of our next four games are Spurs (away) then Man City and Arsenal (both at home) so I think we'll have a good indication of where we really are after that little run. Nobody mentions our injury list, but we've been missing four first teamers from last season in Mings, Buendia (both out for the season), Ramsey and Moreno. After the international break it's Man City v Liverpool and Spurs v Villa, so two very important games in terms of the top 4/5. Nice that there's a bit of a gap to the also rans in 6th and below!

The points differential from first is surprisingly close given how awful United have been. The 23 goad difference would appear to be a more accurate measure of where they are up to.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Chelsea were impressive .
    Much better than the stuff served up on Monday when they should have smashed Tottenham by 6 or 7 .
    The manager will have them playing on an equal footing with the better teams by the New Year .
    Great bet for the FA Cup if you ask me .
    The best team in the world will pick themselves up and move on . Guardiola demands it :)

Quote Originally Posted by Space Traveller View Post
    Spurs v Villa first game back after the international break, should be interesting.
    We’ll have one player back for that one so you’ll have half a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    I mentioned it a while ago that the big issue with your current manager is the expectations that he came with. At Celtic he only seemed to have one tactic and that being attack. No issues really in the SPL where you have a team that are streets ahead of anything on offer in the league but you only need look at how they performed in Europe to see how that worked out. Getting knocked out of 3 European trophies in one season isnt a great CV.

That being said I think he has certainly learned and during the Wolves game he at least tried to tighten things up but still, with better strikers I think Wolves could have got the game out of sight.

Spurs are certainly playing much more exciting football and I bet their attacking players feel like finally the shackles are off to go at teams.

Bit of time now for Spurs to regroup and come back stronger after the international break.
    Yes, agree with all of that. We need to bring a couple of players in during the January window, though, or we’ll struggle to maintain form through the season whatever the tactics.

Not sure what the debate was on that penalty
    No debate.
    Just one phlegm filled swivel eyed loon trying to impress the TV hordes .

Quote Originally Posted by hilly10 View Post
    Certainly was. I knew Poch would sort Chelsea out pretty quickly, and they’ll be in the fight for top 4/5 for sure (especially with their squad depth).

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    We’ll have one player back for that one so you’ll have half a chance.
    We have one player back (Moreno, the LB) so may the best team win! Saying that, Lucas Digne is on fire so Moreno probably won't even get a look in.
    "A man of little significance"

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    We have one player back (Moreno, the LB) so may the best team win! Saying that, Lucas Digne is on fire so Moreno probably won't even get a look in.
    Come off it, Simon, we’ll be missing Romero, Van de Ven, Maddison, Perisic, Solomon, Sessegnon and Richarlison. Let’s not play games.

Come off it, Simon, we’ll be missing Romero, Van de Ven, Maddison, Perisic, Solomon, Sessegnon and Richarlison. Let’s not play games.
    Out of that lot Romero, Van de Ven and Maddison I'd say are big losses. The rest not so much.

Is Udogie not banned then?

Out of that lot Romero, Van de Ven and Maddison I'd say are big losses. The rest not so much.

Is Udogie not banned then?
    He’s served his ban, Ryan.

And from the start of the season we've missed four of our starting lineup: Buendia, Ramsey, Moreno and Mings. We have Moreno back. And yet here we are, a point apart after 12 matches.
    "A man of little significance"

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Van de Ven is critical at the back and Maddison is critical in the middle. Son could take on Maddison's role easily as he was something similar once before, but he can either be in one place or the other and I don't see an available Spurs player to do whatever Son isn't.

As a Brighton fan from the Goldstone days, I know the feeling. However, Son will get the international break to convince me there's a scoring solution without a high line (as Vicario is going to be getting plenty of practice for a while) and then he's out of my fantasy team, FWIW.

He’s served his ban, Ryan.
    Ah yes he got sent off for 2 yellows so a 1 match ban as opposed to 3 match for straight red.

That's something at least, Dier was (if you forgive the pun) dire on Saturday.

Ah yes he got sent off for 2 yellows so a 1 match ban as opposed to 3 match for straight red.

That's something at least, Dier was (if you forgive the pun) dire on Saturday.
    Disagree. He was solid, but has little pace now and was always going to be found out on that score.

Villa have had our entire first choice left side out for pretty much the whole season so far in Moreno and Ramsey. Add in Mings and Buendia gone for the entire season with knackered ACLs and that's a pretty big hole to fill. Can't wait for after the international break though, Villa have got Spurs, Man City and Arsenal. Spurs have got Man City after they play us, plus Man City have got Liverpool. Some great games to look forward to.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Quote Originally Posted by Casper View Post
    That’s the way Ange plays and I’m all for it. On another day could’ve been 2-2. Very proud of our guys. Better to fail aiming high than succeed aiming low as we say.

Romero and Udogi have to learn from this. This game has cost us. Got some tough fixtures coming up and can’t see how we going to get results now with the suspensions and injuries

https://www.theguardian.com/football...record-revenue

That’ll be the price of petrol going up again .
    Lickle Citeh at it again .

Master
    Manchester City. The biggest club in the world.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/football...record-revenue

That’ll be the price of petrol going up again .
    Lickle Citeh at it again .

Craftsman
    Everton given a 10 point penalty for breaking finance rules.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...nancial-rules/

Ouch. Can they appeal?

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedyexplorer View Post

the other teams at the bottom are so bad and they are in reasonable form, they could still potentially stay up

Even with this they'll stay up as the promoted teams are all pony. All it proves is that Man City can afford better lawyers than Everton.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedyexplorer View Post

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Even with this they'll stay up as the promoted teams are all pony. All it proves is that Man City can afford better lawyers than Everton.
    Or , back in the real world, that Man City haven’t broken any rules

Master
    Actual disgrace.

I’m not trying to start a City bashing debate but it’s absolutely laughable that Everton have been done and City haven’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not these ones? I'm not trying to be clever, I just don't see how this many charges can be laid and the club not be guilty of any.

1. In respect of each of Seasons 2009/10 to 2017/18 inclusive, the Premier League Rules applicable in those seasons that required provision by a member club to the Premier League, in the utmost good faith, of accurate financial information that gives a true and fair view of the club’s financial position, in particular with respect to its revenue (including sponsorship revenue), its related parties and its operating costs, namely:
    (a) for Season 2009/10, Premier League Rules B.13, C.71, C.72, C.75 (amended to C.79 from 10 September 2009 for the remainder of Season 2009/10) and C.80;
    (b) for Season 2010/11, Premier League Rules B.13, C.78, C.79, C.86 and C.87;
    (c) for Season 2011/12, Premier League Rules B.13, E.3, 4, E.11 and E.12;
    (d) for Season 2012/13, Premier League Rules 16, E.3, E.4, E.11 and E.12;
    (e) for Season 2013/14, Premier League Rules 15, E.3, E.4, E.11, E.12 and E.49;
    (f) for Season 2014/15, Premier League Rules 16, E.3, E.4, E.11, E.12 and E.50;
    (g) for Season 2015/16, Premier League Rules 16, E.3, E.4, E.11, E.12 and E.50;
    (h) for Season 2016/17, Premier League Rules16, E.3, E.4, E.11, E.12 and E.51; and
    (i) for Season 2017/18, Premier League Rules B.16, 3, E.4, E.11, E.12 and E.51.

2. In respect of:
    (a) each of Seasons 2009/10 to 2012/13 inclusive, the Premier League Rules applicable in those Seasons requiring a member club to include full details of manager remuneration in its relevant contracts with its manager, namely:
    (1) for Seasons 2009/10 to 2011/12 inclusive, Premier League Rules Q.7 and Q.8; and
    (2) for Season 2012/13, Premier League Rules P.7 and P.8; and
    (b) each of Seasons 2010/11 to 2015/16 inclusive, the Premier League Rules applicable in those Seasons requiring a member club to include full details of player remuneration in its relevant contracts with its players, namely:
    (1) for Seasons 2010/11 and 2011/12, Premier League Rules K.12 and K.20;
    (2) for Season 2012/13, Premier League Rules T.12 and T.20;
    (3) for Seasons 2013/14 and 2014/15, Premier League Rules T.12 and T.19; and
    (4) for Season 2015/16, Premier League Rules T.13 and T.20.

3. In respect of each of Seasons 2013/14 to 2017/18 inclusive, the Premier League Rules applicable in those Seasons requiring a member club to comply with UEFA’s regulations, including UEFA’s Club Licensing and Financial Fair Play Regulations, namely:
    (a) for Season 2013/14, Premier League Rule B.14.6; and
    (b) for Seasons 2014/15 to 2017/18 inclusive, Premier League Rule B.15.6.

4. In respect of each of the Seasons 2015/16 to 2017/18 inclusive, the Premier League Rules applicable in those Seasons on Profitability and Sustainability, namely:
    (a) for Season 2015/16, Premier League Rules E.52 to E.60; and
    (b) for Seasons 2016/17 and 2017/18, Premier League Rules E.53 to E.60.

5. In respect of the period from December 2018 to date, the Premier League Rules applicable in the relevant Seasons requiring a member club to cooperate with, and assist, the Premier League in its investigations, including by providing documents and information to the Premier League in the utmost good faith, namely:
    (a) for Season 2018/19, Premier League Rules B.16, B.19, W.1, W.2, W.12 and W.13;
    (b) for Season 2019/20, Premier League Rules B.16, B.19, W.1, W.2, W.12 and W.13;
    (c) for Season 2020/21, Premier League Rules B.16, B.19, W.1, W.2, W.12 and W.13;
    (d) for Season 2021/22, Premier League Rules B.15, B.18, W.1, W.2, W.15 and W.16; and
    (e) for Season 2022/23, Premier League Rules B.15, B.18, W.1, W.2, W.15 and W.16.

Or , back in the real world, that Man City haven’t broken any rules

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    Actual disgrace.

I’m not trying to start a City bashing debate but it’s absolutely laughable that Everton have been done and City haven’t YET

FTFY

It is a very odd situation.

Must be more complicated and nuanced set of arguments with Man City but ……115 alleged breaches surely they can’t all be wrong?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrusir View Post
    the other teams at the bottom are so bad and they are in reasonable form, they could still potentially stay up
    They’re still ahead of Burnley!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by smokey99 View Post
    It is a very odd situation.

Must be more complicated and nuanced set of arguments with Man City but ……115 alleged breaches surely they can’t all be wrong?

You would think at least one lol

Actual disgrace.

I’m not trying to start a City bashing debate but it’s absolutely laughable that Everton have been done and City haven’t.

No, what’s laughable is you equating the charges against City and the Everton case as being the same .
    It’s like shoplifting and mass murder being classed as the same .
    It’s actually hilarious when the usual suspects like Lineker, Neville, Spitty etc will pop their heads up and spout nonsense .
    “What about City “ will be popular over the next few days .

You're right, the two sets of charges are different. If a 10 point deduction is all you get for five years of breaking profit and sustainability rules then I'd like us (Newcastle) to stop fannying around with the level of transfers we've done and start bringing in the big guns as soon as January please.

No, what’s laughable is you equating the charges against City and the Everton case as being the same .
    It’s actually hilarious when the usual suspects like Lineker, Neville, Spitty etc will pop their heads up and spout nonsense .

Master
    Everton lost 25m over the allowed over 3 season.

City cooked the books for 9 years.

You’re right Everton are the pic N mix shoplifters and City are the great train robbers.

Everton lost 25m over the allowed over 3 season.

City cooked the books for 9 years.

You’re right Everton are the pic N mix shoplifters and City are the great train robbers.

Oooh salty .
    Enjoying Thursday nights ?

Master
    Ha I haven’t been watching or going the euro home games.

Absolutely zero interested until the final.

Master
    your certainly have that right but you see it the wrong way around.

your certainly have that right but you see it the wrong way around.
    Eh ?
    Has your phone been stolen by a 3 year old ?

Master
    Eh ?
    Has your phone been stolen by a 3 year old ?
    No but yours appears to have been, and not a very advanced one either

No but yours appears to have been, and not a very advanced one either
    Great comeback.
    I bet your Dad is bigger than mine as well?

Master
    Great comeback.
    I bet your Dad is bigger than mine as well?
    Hey I played the hand I was dealt

In the spirit of how this has gone you started it

Hey I played the hand I was dealt

In the spirit of how this has gone you started it
    No I didn’t
    You invaded Poland !

Master
    No I didn’t
    You invaded Poland !
    Good one

Credit where it’s due 😃

Rashford and Trent take each other out, thankfully no chance of a brain injury.....

Rashford and Trent take each other out, thankfully no chance of a brain injury.....
    Oh how I guffawed !

Proper lol 😂

We have been absolutely shocking tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Proper lol 

We have been absolutely shocking tonight.
    Never fear.
    Gla our of the month, Cole Palmer is on