closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 109 of 111 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111 LastLast
Results 5,401 to 5,450 of 5541

Thread: Premier League 2023-24

Spurs away next, very tough game although tactically they aren't as smart as Villa and will press high so I think we'll get plenty of chances.

We could have scored 10 tonight although Chelsea did have chances in the 1st half as well as Jackson's 2 2nd half misses.

Good to see Partey back although he was channelling his inner Zinchenko with the missed passes.

No idea why the TNT guys are missing over Liverpool as title challengers. If Arsenal and City drop points they are right in it and it is highly unlikely City and Arsenal will win all their games. City have Fulham and Spurs away in the space of 4 days, they won't win both of those. Arsenal will drop points at either Spurs or Man Utd. For Liverpool Villa away will be very tough.

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    A midfield as bad as this with two signings costing a quarter of a BILLION pounds is embarrassing.
    That's what McCoist said but didn't think they cost that much, more like a £100mn each.

Still not great VFM, but they are both young I suppose

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Chelsea beat us 6-0
    Arsenal beat Chelsea 5-0

So if Arsenal need to win their last game at home to win the PL an 11-0 win looks on the cards.

For the money they spent Chelsea looked very poor, Enzo and Caicedo are so poor for the money spent. Jackson whilst missing chances actually looks like a decent player. Arsenal did play very well and took our chances in the second half.

Quote Originally Posted by NikGixer750 View Post
    For the money they spent Chelsea looked very poor, Enzo and Caicedo are so poor for the money spent. Jackson whilst missing chances actually looks like a decent player. Arsenal did play very well and took our chances in the second half.
    Jackson looks like the second coming of Gervinho - will blow by 3 players then miss from 5 yards.

I know that Chelsea side are “young” but there is enough experience in that team to be better than they are

It’s not Gallagher, Caicedo, Enzo, Sterling first rodeo so they need to perform better.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    The irony being he's more orange than the man in the old "You've been TANGOed!" adverts...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by j17ykp View Post
    Jackson looks like the second coming of Gervinho - will blow by 3 players then miss from 5 yards.

I know that Chelsea side are “young” but there is enough experience in that team to be better than they are

It’s not Gallagher, Caicedo, Enzo, Sterling first rodeo so they need to perform better.
    Partly agree with you, especially the comment on Jackson.

Enzo played very little for Benfica and was bought off the back of his showing at the World Cup, an event that was so biased towards ensuring Messi got a winners medal you’d have thought it was a movie. The EPL must’ve been a real shock for him.

We seem to have got Caicedo’s twin brother. The one that plays piano not football. Terrible purchase.

Gallagher shows heart, passion and desire but is on his own too often.

Sterling is lazy and disinterested. Imagine sitting opposite him in the dressing room with his £350k per week salary and seeing the lack of effort displayed.

Last night we played with nine mostly. Mudryk and Madueke were spectators out wide. Mudryk has pace to spare but just isn’t good enough, whilst Madueke thinks he is so much better than he actually is. No tracking back, no help, largely ineffective. Leaving Gilchrist on his own with no support or help from Disasi.

Cannot see this turning around anytime soon. We need someone that knows what he’s doing buying in players not the clowns that Boehly listens to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wonder if this guy Liverpool are after will Slot in.

Someone had to say it…

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Wonder if this guy Liverpool are after will Slot in.

Someone had to say it…
    Spurs were after him last year I believe. Will be interesting to see how he gets on. Massive boots to fill, replacing Klopp.

Spurs were after him last year I believe. Will be interesting to see how he gets on. Massive boots to fill, replacing Klopp.
    Recent history tells us replacing the main man ain’t easy, Ferguson, Wenger etc. I thought Liverpool got it right in the 60s/70s with the boot room boys and the number 2 taking over. Paisley replacing Shankly worked just fine.

I’m surprised big clubs don’t do something similar, keep it in house, build a dynasty etc rather than who the hell can we poach from other clubs.

Recent history tells us replacing the main man ain’t easy, Ferguson, Wenger etc. I thought Liverpool got it right in the 60s/70s with the boot room boys and the number 2 taking over. Paisley replacing Shankly worked just fine.

I’m surprised big clubs don’t do something similar, keep it in house, build a dynasty etc rather than who the hell can we poach from other clubs.
    I think it's doubly hard at Liverpool as they have some world class players like Salah and VVD coming to the end of their careers. Salah likely to be off, VVD has intimated he may also leave. On the flip side they have some excellent young players coming through but getting a new guy in, instilling his methods and tactics will be hard to get great results straight away. Possibly a transitional season where they go for Top 4 next year although of course you never know, they could all gel from the off.

Come on…

How many chances does Nunez need, if Liverpool had taken all there chances since Xmas,they’d be on beach now.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Salah ,I think its Saudi time for him

Quote Originally Posted by mk1974 View Post
    Salah ,I think its Saudi time for him

He has been injured to be fair.

Been shocking since he came back,don’t understand why young lads aren’t getting a look in anymore.

Going to be a long second half and I expect Liverpool to score. Everton need a second.

Going to be a long second half and I expect Liverpool to score. Everton need a second.
    If it's still 1-0 at 89 mins the ref will add 8 mins injury time and give Liverpool a penalty.

Master
    Blog Entries
    To be fair the ref is been good so far

Yeeessssss!!!!

Craftsman
    I don’t know what TAA thought he was doing at that corner

Ah well just the Carabao Cup then for Klopp's farewell tour.

Master
    Blog Entries
    DCL get in

There’s only Diaz who actually wants to win.
    If you get points for passing between back 4 ,we win easy,utter shite .

DCL unplayable today. About as complete a performance I've seen from a target man for a long time.

Come on Klopp, take Diaz off for Christ sake.

Even the worst strikers get the odd goal. His career record is awful.

DCL unplayable today. About as complete a performance I've seen from a target man for a long time.

Even the worst strikers get the odd goal. His career record is awful.
    He did have a streaky spell under Ancelotti when he was fit.

He's beasted VVD and Konate tonight.

Quadruple in February. Reserve Team Trophy in April.

Master
    Everton the better team tonight Liverpool getting what we deserve from this. Not to everyone's taste but for me dyche has done a great job. Good luck to arsenal hopefully they can do it.

Quote Originally Posted by cyrusir View Post
    Everton the better team tonight Liverpool getting what we deserve from this. Not to everyone's taste but for me dyche has done a great job. Good luck to arsenal hopefully they can do it.
    I sadly suspect the theme of local rivals ruining a title campaign will continue this weekend.

Liverpool have been shite for the last 2 months,giving games away.
    Klopp has been great but it follows his remit,everywhere he’s been,6-7 years ,runs out of ideas .

I just don’t get why konate got back in the team anyway

Master
    Have to agree with Mike. Liverpool have been shocking over the past couple of weeks, in no way deserve the premiership title. Just hoping we can hold onto a CL place for next season.
    Time for a change at the helm.

Sent from my Nokia 1.4 using Tapatalk

Master
    Liverpool have been shite for the last 2 months,giving games away.
    Klopp has been great but it follows his remit,everywhere he’s been,6-7 years ,runs out of ideas .

We have been, to be fair this title challenge was never sustainable you can't keep conceding first and playing like we have. Arsenal and city look a lot more like champions elect.

Quote Originally Posted by Robsmck View Post
    Have to agree with Mike. Liverpool have been shocking over the past couple of weeks, in no way deserve the premiership title. Just hoping we can hold onto a CL place for next season.
    Time for a change at the helm.

Sent from my Nokia 1.4 using Tapatalk
    I think Liverpool have shown amazing powers of recovery and spirit to win games at the death theough sheer willpower but that doesn't eventually take a toll on the legs and they look jaded now.

They still play Spurs (home) and Villa (away) so not an easy run in at all.

Very happy with that, I’m sure games like this take months off your life.

Hopefully Arsenal can push City all the way. I did want Liverpool to win the PL for Klopp, but sorry guys, we needed the 3 points.

How is Wayne Rooney only 38? He looks like he's spent 10 years in an Iranian prison.

To be fair ,I’ve never wanted to see Everton in the bottom half ,if they played like that more often they’d be getting into Europe .

I don’t understand why some of young lads aren’t getting 15mins,at this stage of the season your going to get tired legs ,those young lads would of run all day.

Master
    Blog Entries
    How is Wayne Rooney only 38? He looks like he's spent 10 years in an Iranian prison.
    He would not be fed that well, he looks a righty bloater.

Yes they beat Liverpool and that's tremendous and they're safe now IMO but they could hardly string three passes together all night. Both goals were set pieces and, although they worked hard, they were really poor. I see next season as another one scrapping at the bottom. One swallow does not a summer make.

DCL had a good game but he's garbage for 99% of every season and his goal record is awful. Young is absolutely terrible and has been all season. He's had a great career but he's finished. Pickford surely must leave this summer, he's far too good to be there this long, he could be challanging for and winning trophies.

But well done Toffees for avoiding relegation with all those points deducted, that's some achievement. Dyche will be given a new contract for sure.

To be fair ,I’ve never wanted to see Everton in the bottom half ,if they played like that more often they’d be getting into Europe .

Master
    Yes they beat Liverpool and that's tremendous and they're safe now IMO but they could hardly string three passes together all night. Both goals were set pieces and, although they worked hard, they were really poor. I see next season as another one scrapping at the bottom. One swallow does not a summer make.

DCL had a good game but he's garbage for 99% of every season and his goal record is awful. Young is absolutely terrible and has been all season. He's had a great career but he's finished. Pickford surely must leave this summer, he's far too good to be there this long, he could be challanging for and winning trophies.

But well done Toffees for avoiding relegation with all those points deducted, that's some achievement. Dyche will be given a new contract for sure.
    with an 8 point deduction and the squad he has its some achievement, might not be pretty but its impressive.

Not sure i agree on Pickford but maybe im blinded by how unlikeable he is.

Oh believe me, I'm fully aware of how unlikeable he is and he's a born and raised Mackem with little arms so not the most popular in these parts. However, he's a top keeper and should be playing at a bigger club. I agree, what Dyche has achieved in those circumstances and with that squad is pretty remarkable.

Quote Originally Posted by cyrusir View Post
    with an 8 point deduction and the squad he has its some achievement, might not be pretty but its impressive.

Not sure i agree on Pickford but maybe im blinded by how unlikeable he is.

Premier League 2023-24

I see next season as another one scrapping at the bottom. One swallow does not a summer make.

Pickford surely must leave this summer, he's far too good to be there this long, he could be challanging for and winning trophies.

On the three points above:
    Agree, especially as there will have to be more sales if they are not to end up with another points deduction this summer. Branthwaite and/or Pickford and/or Onana (anyone get why so many big clubs like him?) will have to go. Maybe two of them. Branthwaite is the biggest loss of those for me. The problem they have is that under normal circumstances those players go for huge money but given everyone knows they need to cash they’ll be forced to take 20% less or do what Forest did with Johnson and wait for value but take a points deduction in doing so. The rules are absolute sh*te because of that but they are, still, the rules.

On Pickford I can’t understand why people aren’t a fan. He LOVES Everton to the degree that you wouldn’t be surprised if he stayed his whole career. For some players trophies are less important than being a part of something and he is now part of the fabric of the club. He is a truly outstanding keeper and I don’t get why people question that. He’s still a great age, will still get better and most of the ricks he used to have in him every now and then have been ironed out. Unbelievable reflexes, decent with his feet, prepared to be brave, huge international experience. If he had joined a bigger club and performed like he does for England and Everton with such consistency there’d be few questions. I’m not saying he’s in the Courtois/Neuer/Alisson/Ederson/Oblak class but he’s just below and absolutely CL class.

On staying up: it’s a major indictment of the league that there’s little realistic prospect that clubs who broke rules to such a degree that they got points deductions are never really likely to go down. So much cash has gone into them that it’s impossible for promoted clubs to compete really. The praise for Luton is ridiculous. They lose every week. They have NOT done well or competed really. Take away the points deductions and the bottom three was set months ago. That said I think the deductions in themselves were unduly lenient but that’s another story.

Master

Paddy power are brutal

Haha!! PP tweets are the best man.

Quote Originally Posted by R0bertb00th View Post

Paddy power are brutal

I agree with all of that except the Luton bit. Apart from maybe one or two games they've been in every game to the end, including against the big boys. I think people like the underdog spirit and battling qualities.

Quote Originally Posted by tobywatches View Post
    On the three points above:
    Agree, especially as there will have to be more sales if they are not to end up with another points deduction this summer. Branthwaite and/or Pickford and/or Onana (anyone get why so many big clubs like him?) will have to go. Maybe two of them. Branthwaite is the biggest loss of those for me. The problem they have is that under normal circumstances those players go for huge money but given everyone knows they need to cash they’ll be forced to take 20% less or do what Forest did with Johnson and wait for value but take a points deduction in doing so. The rules are absolute sh*te because of that but they are, still, the rules.

On Pickford I can’t understand why people aren’t a fan. He LOVES Everton to the degree that you wouldn’t be surprised if he stayed his whole career. For some players trophies are less important than being a part of something and he is now part of the fabric of the club. He is a truly outstanding keeper and I don’t get why people question that. He’s still a great age, will still get better and most of the ricks he used to have in him every now and then have been ironed out. Unbelievable reflexes, decent with his feet, prepared to be brave, huge international experience. If he had joined a bigger club and performed like he does for England and Everton with such consistency there’d be few questions. I’m not saying he’s in the Courtois/Neuer/Alisson/Ederson/Oblak class but he’s just below and absolutely CL class.

On staying up: it’s a major indictment of the league that there’s little realistic prospect that clubs who broke rules to such a degree that they got points deductions are never really likely to go down. So much cash has gone into them that it’s impossible for promoted clubs to compete really. The praise for Luton is ridiculous. They lose every week. They have NOT done well or competed really. Take away the points deductions and the bottom three was set months ago. That said I think the deductions in themselves were unduly lenient but that’s another story.